Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The next patch is improving the G3?

Originally posted by CTD-Tiwaz
    I believe the G3 needs a little tweaking, as do the LMG's and the Sniper rifles. BUt what i really believe needs some help is the M16. Maybe it is just me, but the other assault rifles just own the M16.. I believe it is why so many people have gravitated to using the m203 in close quarters initially. And the success of the m203 transfered over to the AK-101 GL...

the AK's are more powerful than the M-16, is because DICE wanted to make the game true to life. In real life, the M-16 (as well as the L85A1, G36, and M4) use 5.56mm NATO rounds, while the AK's use larger 7.62mm rounds, more stopping power. i dont think they need to change a thing on these weapons, just the snipers and LMG

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Arc_Angel-xXx
      the AK's are more powerful than the M-16, is because DICE wanted to make the game true to life. In real life, the M-16 (as well as the L85A1, G36, and M4) use 5.56mm NATO rounds, while the AK's use larger 7.62mm rounds, more stopping power. i dont think they need to change a thing on these weapons, just the snipers and LMG
      The Ak-101 uses the same 5.56 round as the M16, L85a1, G36, and M4. So, the only AK that should be more powerfull is the AK-47.

So, the Ak-101 needs to be reduced to the same damage as the M16. It should also continue to suffer in accuracy as the M16 is a bit more accurate than all AK variants.

{WP}Paas

Comment

The worst part about all this is that it's taken 4 patches for DICE to address something this simple..

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAP
          I've fired several of the weapons featured in BF2 and I can say that the G3 7.62 is by FAR the most powerful rifle that I have ever fired.

It kicked HARD, and by hard I mean my shoulder was sore for nearly two days straight.

In addition, its a very loud weapon. I was wearing hearing protection and I could still feel how powerful of a sound the weapon had. I would hope that DICE recognizes this and is able to adjust the G3 with the next patch to something more realistic.

I'm eagerly awaiting to see how it turns out.
          LOL.. maybe they should make the PKM louder, to make it fit with my uncles one? Hehehe, that thing sounds like a cannon..

Comment

I've fired several of the weapons featured in BF2 and I can say that the G3 7.62 is by FAR the most powerful rifle that I have ever fired.

It kicked HARD, and by hard I mean my shoulder was sore for nearly two days straight.

In addition, its a very loud weapon. I was wearing hearing protection and I could still feel how powerful of a sound the weapon had. I would hope that DICE recognizes this and is able to adjust the G3 with the next patch to something more realistic.

Hmmm. That's odd. I'm 5'9 185lbs and have absolutely no problems firing a G3a3. Matter of fact, it's an extremely comfortable weapon to shoot and is well balaced. Felt recoil is there, I will agree with that. Yet, I have never been in any pain after firing the weapon (Just the normal numbess in my shoulder, but that's about it).

How heavy are you? Where you firing on Automatic (Yes, it's illegal to own such arms. But, people do) Also, are you firing an actuall G3 (They don't make them anymore...) or a replication? I'm not sure what's called, but there is a replica G3 built by an American company. Word on the block is that it is not was well balanced as the semi-original HK design.

...the real punisher to shoot is the M14. The M14's felt recoil is stupid. That's one of the most horrible weapons ever if you don't have a good bumper pad. I don't see how anyone can survive that gun with a wooden stock.

{WP}Paas

Comment

I know it wasnt the A3, it also could've been the ammo I was firing. But I'll say that the G3 had much more kick than the Ak47 and also the M1 Garand.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                Originally Posted by MikeAP

Hmmm. That's odd. I'm 5'9 185lbs and have absolutely no problems firing a G3a3. Matter of fact, it's an extremely comfortable weapon to shoot and is well balaced. Felt recoil is there, I will agree with that. Yet, I have never been in any pain after firing the weapon (Just the normal numbess in my shoulder, but that's about it).

How heavy are you? Where you firing on Automatic (Yes, it's illegal to own such arms. But, people do) Also, are you firing an actuall G3 (They don't make them anymore...) or a replication? I'm not sure what's called, but there is a replica G3 built by an American company. Word on the block is that it is not was well balanced as the semi-original HK design.

...the real punisher to shoot is the M14. The M14's felt recoil is stupid. That's one of the most horrible weapons ever if you don't have a good bumper pad. I don't see how anyone can survive that gun with a wooden stock.

{WP}Paas
                if the g3 you fired kicked hard, it wasnt working properly.... the delayed roller lock takes about 50% of the recoil just to open the rollers & the recoil spring takes out about another 25%.... to me, the recoil wasnt really a normal recaoil, more like a delayed light push on my shoulder

as for the volume, youre dead on there... this is by FAR the loudest gun ive ever fired... there was some standing water on the rifle range & i could see the shockwave ripple down the water about 30 yards out from the muzzle of the gun... the sound in bf2 isnt even close to what a g3 sounds like

as for the replica youre talking about, i believe you mean the CETME... its not really a replica as much as its the original, the g3 is basically a slightly modified cetme... the cetme is what i have my experience on, so i may be a little bit off, but they run on the same action (as far as i know, at least some bolt parts are interchangeable) & have the same weight/dimensions, etc.

anyway, for all you naysayers (and gun nuts) i figured id post the pics of my cetme... i havent got a chance to fire it with the scope thats on it in the pics, so basically before the snow came, it looked just like the g3 in bf2

Comment

I know it wasnt the A3, it also could've been the ammo I was firing. But I'll say that the G3 had much more kick than the Ak47 and also the M1 Garand.
                  Oh Mu Gawd! Here come the Gun NUtZ!

Comment

Originally posted by SupaFly_
                    if the g3 you fired kicked hard, it wasnt working properly.... the delayed roller lock takes about 50% of the recoil just to open the rollers & the recoil spring takes out about another 25%.... to me, the recoil wasnt really a normal recaoil, more like a delayed light push on my shoulder

as for the volume, youre dead on there... this is by FAR the loudest gun ive ever fired... there was some standing water on the rifle range & i could see the shockwave ripple down the water about 30 yards out from the muzzle of the gun... the sound in bf2 isnt even close to what a g3 sounds like

as for the replica youre talking about, i believe you mean the CETME... its not really a replica as much as its the original, the g3 is basically a slightly modified cetme... the cetme is what i have my experience on, so i may be a little bit off, but they run on the same action (as far as i know, at least some bolt parts are interchangeable) & have the same weight/dimensions, etc.

anyway, for all you naysayers (and gun nuts) i figured id post the pics of my cetme... i havent got a chance to fire it with the scope thats on it in the pics, so basically before the snow came, it looked just like the g3 in bf2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...supacetme1.jpg
                    Aye. Thats a beauty. Whats funny is that I fired an L1A1 and thought...'oh christ. this thing is going to kick like a G3'

Boy was I wrong. That thing was smooth and extremely accurate. Just as loud as the G3 though :-)

Comment

• Re: The next patch is improving the G3?

Originally posted by SupaFly_

...as for the replica youre talking about, i believe you mean the CETME... its not really a replica as much as its the original, the g3 is basically a slightly modified cetme... the cetme is what i have my experience on, so i may be a little bit off, but they run on the same action (as far as i know, at least some bolt parts are interchangeable) & have the same weight/dimensions, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...supacetme1.jpg
                      No, I'm not speaking of the Cetme. I'm actually talking about an American made recplica . It just recently went into production about a year ago. I'll go look up the exact classification of the weapon, as to not try to give it a name and butcher it all up.

Whenever I find out, I'll let you know. Editing this post of course.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Working...
                      X