The next patch is improving the G3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next patch is improving the G3?

Sure, I can understand the tweaking of sniper rifles and possibly support guns (although I fear they will become too powerful if made much more accurate) but improving the G3?? YAY!

Im my ever-so-humble opinion, the G3 (the first assault unlock gun) is already awesome. Accurate and high-powered, I love it! You don't need more than 20 bullets because it only takes a small handful to put anyone down. I like having my 'nades back too-the noobtube isn't for me.

But now I hear my beloved G3 is getting a buff in the next patch? Wow. Just wow. It'll be unstoppable.

Anyone else looking forward to G3-based rampages post-patch?

Re: The next patch is improving the G3?

maybe its not IMPROVING but acttually de-proving :P

Comment

Well, although some people like me and u already think the G3 is great, the rest of the BF2 gaming commuity basically thinx they wasted an unlock on it just to get a F2000. Anyways, they're only gonna tweak the accuracy a tiny bit, and same with the support LMG.

Comment

Well, I could never say no to more accuracy. Just never struck me as a gun that needed changing TBH. I know some people don't like it, but the same can be said for many unlocks.

Comment

EA:The G3 is overpowered with 20 shots in a clip so we are making it 5 shots and it will only have 1 extra clip.

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
            Well, I could never say no to more accuracy. Just never struck me as a gun that needed changing TBH. I know some people don't like it, but the same can be said for many unlocks.
            Ya, some people really hate some of the unlocks 'cough'M95'cough' lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
              Ya, some people really hate some of the unlocks 'cough'M95'cough' lol.
              Indeed. Nice to see them improving it, I only hope they do improve it. I mean, they said that they had improved the AA-missiles in the 1.12 patch

Comment

M95 in my opinion is the one that seriously needs to be changed instead of the G3 which I think is a great weapon to use.

Comment

the G3 already rivals the DAO-12 in a CQC environment, basically point and shoot and the guy is dead if he is within ~5 feet. If its more accurate at longer distances than it already is, it will pwn the battlefield.

I REALLY want to see the G36E nerfed......im so sick of MEDICS shooting while standing up with a 3 shot burst and downing me from ~100 yards. Its freakin STUPID!

I can see myself using the Support much more if it gets accuracy upgrades....ever since i picked the M249 SAW and unloaded an entire clip at one guy running straight at me and i ended up getting knifed in the face.

I'm a bit afraid the sniper rifles will become uber as well, and thats definitely not a good thing. Although I also dont think the M95 is inaccurate at all and from what i can tell, the M24 cant hit the broadside of a vodnik.

Comment

Originally posted by Coderedpl
                    maybe its not IMPROVING but acttually de-proving :P
                    I thought the same thing, G3 is good as fack.

While your at it, go ahead that one m60 that shoots 1:45 straight. YAY! Awesome ownage zomg. (jaypay)

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
                      the G3 already rivals the DAO-12 in a CQC environment, basically point and shoot and the guy is dead if he is within ~5 feet. If its more accurate at longer distances than it already is, it will pwn the battlefield.

I REALLY want to see the G36E nerfed......im so sick of MEDICS shooting while standing up with a 3 shot burst and downing me from ~100 yards. Its freakin STUPID!

I can see myself using the Support much more if it gets accuracy upgrades....ever since i picked the M249 SAW and unloaded an entire clip at one guy running straight at me and i ended up getting knifed in the face.

I'm a bit afraid the sniper rifles will become uber as well, and thats definitely not a good thing. Although I also dont think the M95 is inaccurate at all and from what i can tell, the M24 cant hit the broadside of a vodnik.
                      G36E isn't that good, it may be the most accurate AR, but it's G36C brotha is WAY more accurate. ANyways, Support is already good, try using the MG36, i got a 80 point round (plus a gold medal) by just using the MG36 on 32p karkand, never even stepped in anything but a transport vehicle. The key to playing support an dgeting points is, spam ammo bags wherever u see playerz, and always go prone when u shoot, or else ur dead, also, don't be afraid of bunnyhoppers, bunnyhoppers all die to the sheer amount of bullets LMGs deal out.

Comment

any idea of when the patch is coming out people?

i'm sure i read they were releasing its final details around xmas/new year but nothing..............

Comment

I love this gun, but it's not as good as people say imo.
                          It looks nasty, and sounds nasty - but it falls short from the other assault rifles in nearly all fields.

I was very happy to hear they're making it a bit better in the next patch, considering it doesn't have a GL.

Comment

I believe the G3 needs a little tweaking, as do the LMG's and the Sniper rifles. BUt what i really believe needs some help is the M16. Maybe it is just me, but the other assault rifles just own the M16.. I believe it is why so many people have gravitated to using the m203 in close quarters initially. And the success of the m203 transfered over to the AK-101 GL...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartberg
                              I love this gun, but it's not as good as people say imo.
                              It looks nasty, and sounds nasty - but it falls short from the other assault rifles in nearly all fields.

I was very happy to hear they're making it a bit better in the next patch, considering it doesn't have a GL.
                              Except for in damage, teh G3 and the AK-47 (not the AK-101 though) are the only AR that can kill an ARMORED (as in body armor) enemy with 4 shots to the chest, the rest take either 5 or 6. Anyways, i'm happy they're making it better, the reason i don't use it THAT much is cause of the ammo, the M16 carries 6 extra mags, and has a 30 round mag, the G3 has 4 extra mags, and only 20 rounds per mag, although this is realistic in real life, it's kinda unfair, since in RL, the G3 is much more accurate (for single shot, not full auto) than ANY of the other rifles (why do u think the most accurate semi-auto sniper rifle, the PSG-1 is based off of it). SO i guess the G3 is getting the single-shot accuracy it deserves, it's kinda wierd though, right now, it has lower recoil than all the other AR except the SCAR-H (they have the same recoil), but it's deviation numbers are worse than any other assualt rifle, it should be the other way around for the G3, same with the SCAR-H, as 7.62 NATO round is more accurate for single shot than the 7.62x39 M43 or the 5.56NATO round is. BUt the recoil on teh 7.62 NATO is horrendous.

EDIT: Ya, i agre Tiwaz, since i only play Karkand nowadays, the M16 is horrible for close range, and that's why people stopped using that immediatly when they finally got a full auto weapon, with a GL on it, the F2000. But for long range maps, the M16 ownz.

Comment

Working...
                              X