Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engineer needs rifle, or atleast a rifle unlock, here is why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Engineer needs rifle, or atleast a rifle unlock, here is why.

Okay I can't believe all the people jumping in to defend the MP7. This is quite simply, hands down, the worst weapon in BF2. Trust me, I love defending the underdog and I tried to love the MP7 (I did unlock it) but it's useless. It has a clip of 20 and requires like 6 shots to kill. It's hard enough to kill one bunnyhopper with one clip, but try facing 2-3 soldiers at once? With any other weapon I could rape all three, but with this toy you're forced to whip out your pistol all the time, and don't even get me started on the range of this thing. The engineer needs a rifle, period. It worked in BF1942 and it will in BF2.

Personally I say the M14..

Comment

MP7 is about 12% better than the MP5, only because it is more accurate on single shot.

I'd love an EBR M14, or similar.

Comment

Thing is in this game when playing as an engy you should never be more than a few steps away from a big gun - i've a .50cal in my jeep that I use

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
          Can it actually hit something more than 15 feet away?

The mp5 sucked so bad i figured the mp7 would too.
          @ totally different weapons. Instead of spraying and running in full auto, try semi auto while zoomed in. It is very accurate

Comment

I've had some good results with the MP-7. Yeah, it empties fast but it's also a very quick reload. It has a better effective range than the shotties, though it lacks the point blank killing power.

IMHO, it's not a bad extention of the engineer's kit.

Still a little ticked that I accedently took it, though. Anyone notice the bug where it has the medic classes symbol on the MP-7 unlock screen? I thought I was gonna get something ta help out with my close in medicating.

Comment

perfect engineer kit and unlock for me would only have 2 weapons, american or chinese shotgun and a Nr.4 bolt action rifle from ww2.

Comment

I wanna know why you can't bonk people with the wrench!
                I mean, you can even kill people with the defib paddles... you should definatly be able to put someone's lights out with a good swing from that soild lookin wrench!

Yes... I've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                  I mean, you can even kill people with the defib paddles... you should definatly be able to put someone's lights out with a good swing from that soild lookin wrench!
                  Ehehehe, yes this would be neat. To make it even more mocking/rare you should have to hit them on the head. I've thought of this too!

Comment

Yes... I've tried.
                    yea thats what i was thinking the other day. i'd be funny to see "xxx [Wrench] xxx". it could take u two shots to kill a full health guy with wrench since it's not a deadly weapon.

Comment

Wel, if this was more realistic, almost every soldier would have a predator/eryx on him (only one though) just for outta the blue vehicle threats, US army soldiers carry a M136 (AT weapon) for backup. If BF2 was more realistic, i bet AT class would either have a Javelin (has a range of like 2500miles, and it is top attack) or a TOW. Anyways, ya, i enjoy the days that engys had the bolt action rifle in BF1942. And the ULTIMATE WEAPON in BF1942 was the damn M1 GARAND, it could shoot off 8 rounds as accurate as a sniper rifle (basically a semi auto sniper rifle minus the scope in BF1942), and it was good in CQC. And guess who got the damn garand, the engy (even though the assault class shoulda gotten it probably), that's why i played as engy in BF1942, u get mines, dynamite (the equivelent of C4 in that game) and prob the best gun in game. Man i miss those days.

Comment

Yeah maybe IRL an engineer has a rifle, cause the army go into battle equipped to give soldiers the best advantage possible. But in BF2, the balance is like "Paper-Rock-Scissors". Each kit is good against somethings & poor against others. Vanilla BF2 kits are OK, if you want engineers with rifles, get a MOD to do it & leave vanilla alone. Its just more likely to happen this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                          Wel, if this was more realistic, almost every soldier would have a predator/eryx on him (only one though) just for outta the blue vehicle threats, US army soldiers carry a M136 (AT weapon) for backup. If BF2 was more realistic, i bet AT class would either have a Javelin (has a range of like 2500miles, and it is top attack) or a TOW. Anyways, ya, i enjoy the days that engys had the bolt action rifle in BF1942. And the ULTIMATE WEAPON in BF1942 was the damn M1 GARAND, it could shoot off 8 rounds as accurate as a sniper rifle (basically a semi auto sniper rifle minus the scope in BF1942), and it was good in CQC. And guess who got the damn garand, the engy (even though the assault class shoulda gotten it probably), that's why i played as engy in BF1942, u get mines, dynamite (the equivelent of C4 in that game) and prob the best gun in game. Man i miss those days.
                          i couldn't kill allmost anyone with the automatic rifles :P , automatic guns just dont work with me, the same thing happens with the shotguns in bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Libras
                            The engineer needs a rifle, period. It worked in BF1942 and it will in BF2.
                            I think i'd rather have the enfield No.4 than the mp7. Love bolt actions. Hhhmmm accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Libras
                              Ehehehe, yes this would be neat. To make it even more mocking/rare you should have to hit them on the head. I've thought of this too!
                              Originally posted by x0pht
                              yea thats what i was thinking the other day. i'd be funny to see "xxx [Wrench] xxx". it could take u two shots to kill a full health guy with wrench since it's not a deadly weapon.
                              Hmm... well since people seem to be most worried about making the engineer uber effective a long range, maybe you should be able to chuck that wrench long distances as a rightclick function.

Maybe rig it to a mine so it goes BOOM on landing.

I can see it now... all the complaints about spanner spam.

Comment

Hmm... well since people seem to be most worried about making the engineer uber effective a long range, maybe you should be able to chuck that wrench long distances as a rightclick function.

Maybe rig it to a mine so it goes BOOM on landing.

I can see it now... all the complaints about spanner spam.
                                and then anothr unlock for the engineer, a second wrench, one for each hand so he can repair faster, play drumms, and more effective against infantery :P

Comment

Working...
                                X