When do you punish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When do you punish?

I (almost) never punish... Only when people TK for vehicles or when a person makes the same stupid mistake three times in a row (made that a golden rule actually)... And ever since I edited my localization files it's been much easier to assess whether someone TKs me intentionally... How to do this is explained at http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43939

Comment

I punish all the time so i don't have to think about it and waste time, because i have more important things to do in the game.

Comment

i never punish unless someones trying to TK me on purpose other then that i never do. I mean you have to be a complete ******* to punish someone for a accident i mean when i get punished for accidents i get mad ill cuss they ass out. I hate it when i get punished because someone runs into my nade or claymore runs over my mine, jumps in front of my car or tank, trys to jump on the jet well im taking off n gets tked or runs into my direct line of fire and i get punished for it.

Comment

When I'm killed for a vehicle OR if I'm the only one that gets killed by someones attack. Like if they C4 or grenade and take out an enemy I won't punish unless he only kills me.

Comment

Whenever a guy looks me in the face and shoots me, only rare other times do i punish.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
              I only punish when I am 95% certain that they intentionally killed me.

It is not there to punish people who made a mistake.

It is not there to punish people who did something stupid.

It is not there to punish people for YOUR stupidity.

It is there to punish people who intentionally kill people on their own team for whatever reason and that is the only time it should be used . . .

If you do so for any other reason it is because YOU are a whiny lil' beotch who wants to take your frustration out on someone else.
              I love to punish when I run over someone's stupid mine...haha, seriously kidding about that.

Actually, I totally agree with you here. I only punish when it's an obviously intentional TK such as killing me for some sort of vehicle.

But, there is one thing that I've been debating on that's slightly off subject and that is, what do you do about those people who love to throw flashbangs right as you're taking off in a jet or helo? It's irritating to say the least. They are not killing me outright but it usually gets the job done several seconds later when I crash into the ground or fly too high for that psychic general. It's been happening more and more to me lately. It's usually when I'm already getting shot at by some spawn camper and am in a hurry and can't wait for the effects to wear off. The effects seem to last longer when in flight too.

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari
                whenever the person deserves it...
                Same here, but i do it when im in a bad mood too.

Comment

I only punish if the teamkill is intentional, like getting shot on my way to the chopper. Otherwise I try not to punish because I know how hard it is to avoid teamkills sometimes.

I run people over a lot, shoot them when the spawn on me because I'm squad leader and they scare the crap out of me. I kill people with the red name bug all the time and those people punish because they think it is intentional, and it looks intentional from their perspective. Sometimes that little X doesn't show up in the tv missle screen.

I play medic a lot, and my favorite is when I run over a teamate that didn't look both ways, and hop out to revive them. I'll bust out the defibs, get ready to revive and see them punish me. Thats when I hop back in my jeep and let them rot. They get all ****ed off, thats when I remind them to not run out into traffic and to never punish a medic .

Comment

Originally posted by bulletsponge
                    ...shoot them when the spawn on me because I'm squad leader and they scare the crap out of me.
                    Wow! And I thought I was the only one who had that problem.

It would be useful, but very impractical and unnecessary, to have some sort of warning that one of your squad members has targeted you as his respawn point.

Comment

Originally posted by PBJTime
                      I love to punish when I run over someone's stupid mine...haha, seriously kidding about that.

Actually, I totally agree with you here. I only punish when it's an obviously intentional TK such as killing me for some sort of vehicle.

But, there is one thing that I've been debating on that's slightly off subject and that is, what do you do about those people who love to throw flashbangs right as you're taking off in a jet or helo? It's irritating to say the least. They are not killing me outright but it usually gets the job done several seconds later when I crash into the ground or fly too high for that psychic general. It's been happening more and more to me lately. It's usually when I'm already getting shot at by some spawn camper and am in a hurry and can't wait for the effects to wear off. The effects seem to last longer when in flight too.
                      Oh yeah, you get that too huh? You know, I almost nailed a sniper at the top of roof tried to shoot at us. And here come a noob just threw a flashbang in the flag pole area, and blind me and everyone else. In turn, I became an easy target to that sniper. This happened in Warlord map.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli
                        Accident or no accident, If they don't say sorry then i'll punish.
                        Sometimes I just don't have a leiture time to spam the "sorry!" when I am in the middle of the duel with other snipers! Please, just think for yourself why the claymore is there. Just remember this: "enemy don't see the danger sign, you're!"

Comment

The only thing that ****es me off enough to make me want to punish them is when I am in a really good spot killing all these people and you get artied or a nade comes and gets you. When people shoot me or other stuff I don't really mind I think its funny sorda haha

Comment

Originally posted by AFEDSLAYER
                            Whenever a guy looks me in the face and shoots me, only rare other times do i punish.
                            Nah...it's just the way you look at him. Makes him nervous a litle. Then, "Bang"..lol

Comment

I rarely punish... unless I feel that there's something to be learned from the punishment.

As in getting nade spam TKed while moving around to a better postion (Check you're damned mini-map before spamming!)
                              Or getting bombed while I'm the only one at a flag capping the thing (almost always some areo-jock bomb-spamming).
                              Or getting noob-toobed by some ijiot that just spawned on me (while I'm SL).

Comment

Working...
                              X