Lag! Lag! Lag! Ea Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lag! Lag! Lag! Ea Sucks!

I was very worried about installing this after reading all the horror stories on here especially since I don’t have the most up to date hardware in my PC either. As luck would have it, for a change its good luck, but so far I haven’t had any issues at all. What I did though was check my fps on regular BF2 prior to install, then after installing the BF2: SF, and again after installing the dreaded patch. The only thing I did update were the drivers for my video card (G-force 6600, 256k ram and not the GT either) but I didn’t use the plain drivers from NVIDA, I used the Xtreme-G 81.95 v2 drivers, and like I said, everything is running pretty good.

My system is rather old by today’s standards too:

AMD XP2000+
    1 GB 2700 DDR ram
    NVIDA G-force 6600 256k

I have my settings on medium with 100% distance view set at 800x600 and my fps has been good. I don’t know if I’m just lucky or if those drivers had a lot to do with it or not but so far so good.

Comment

stop bitching!

Comment

it's actually amazing to see how some people lag and some don't. it obviously has nothing to do with the computer...it must have to do with a specific setting that a LOT of people are missing.

I have done EVERYTHING to fix this, but my FPS are still 15-16. unplayable. Dice said they were going to patch it. WTF?

Comment

I don't get a lot of lag and im running a frggin' prescott as opposed to many AMD people here. Then again, it could be the video card, but I got a x800XL, and many people have a better video card than me here...

Comment

All i can say is if you can reinstall windows( this goes for everyone) it should get rid of the lag your experiancing, i had a really old install of windows xp, worked fine, no spyware, and i had it in top shape. reinstalled windows, and latest drivers, and the game goes much smoother now, no bumps and slowdowns.

Comment

I want someone who played BFV to answer this:

Is the lag in the main building flag areas of SF as bad or worse than the lag in the 'Temple of Doom' in Cambodian Incursion? That lag was horrible for 90% of people who played it, pings would skyrocket, people would fly, every damn object (pungi sticks) would glitch...

Comment

The Warlord Palace and the Iron Gator Hanger are new Lag Temples. But the Iron Gator Hanger is the worst, Static object upon static object piled inside one giant static object. Now add moving people and Smoke Grenades/Tear Gas Grenades. I've actualled had my comp seize up on me in Iron Gator, not cool.

Comment

Working...
                X