Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realism vs Fun, let's just get this over with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Realism vs Fun, let's just get this over with.

It is interesing that we demand 'realistic' visuals and 'fun' gameplay.

Shouldn't form follow function? The action in this game is pretty cartoony, wouldn't it make more sense to make the graphics a bit cartoony as well?

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcleod

Shouldn't form follow function? The action in this game is pretty cartoony, wouldn't it make more sense to make the graphics a bit cartoony as well?
      Agreed. I'd love to see a Warcraft art style applied to BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable

I was thinking more along the lines of XIII....

Comment

Cartoony, huh? Well, maybe if they made the guns out of pudding, then you might become happy..:|:

Comment

Originally posted by Kattspya
            Using your tanks as infantry support vehicles shows disregard to the lessons learned in WW-II.
            Thats a load of crap, seriously. Using tanks as infantry support is perfectly normal, blitzkrieg only worked for hitler because the countries he attacked werent ready, after the invasion of france blitzkrieg wasnt used anymore on such a scale. Not saying he didnt try in the ardennes, but he failed.

Tanks these days are nothing but support, especially in iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie of PizzaRolls
              Catoony, huh? Well, maybe if they made the guns out of pudding, then you might become happy..:|:

What sort of pudding?

Comment

Im not sure we do demand realistic visuals

when was the last time you saw a lense flare?

Besides, "pretty" is the visual version of "fun".

Comment

What sort of pudding?
                  What kind of question is that? Everyone knows that chocolate is the best!

Comment

meh, most the whiners just want to be invincible with a 1-shot kill auto-aiming weapon...

Comment

For the M95 I think people just want it in, not for the realism directly, but because it's such a friggin awsome thing to shoot with in real life, and it's not to compare with BF2 at ALL!

I can imagine that being a real turn off....if you actually know how an M95 shoots in real life.....

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
                        Thats a load of crap, seriously. Using tanks as infantry support is perfectly normal, blitzkrieg only worked for hitler because the countries he attacked werent ready, after the invasion of france blitzkrieg wasnt used anymore on such a scale. Not saying he didnt try in the ardennes, but he failed.

Tanks these days are nothing but support, especially in iraq.
                        If you think blitzkrieg tactics wasn't used later in the war you are mistaken. Armor was almost always massed. Try to read about Guderian and some others who made the armor doctrin for the wehrmacht.

Of course tanks aren't decisive in urban battles against guerillas. But if the tanks were limited by the walking speed of infantry please tell me how they conquered Irak in a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Wehrmacht with a W

Comment

You know what would really help "STOP THE DAMN BUNNY HOPPING!" it's pathetic and anyone who does it should be strung up by their balls.

God I hate it!

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                            OH dear god no, anything but WoW!!! :|:

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyb
                              You know what would really help "STOP THE DAMN BUNNY HOPPING!" it's pathetic and anyone who does it should be strung up by their balls.

God I hate it!
                              DC PRO mod is doing a nice job of stopping the hopping. You will not be able to shoot well while hopping, and the bug that makes you impossible to hit while in air will be gone. Cal is thinking of switching to BF2 pro for matches which would rock IMO. It also will stop the C4 throwing exploit. Our cCAL matches have turned into nothing more than a bunny hopping C4 football game where bullets are a waste of time. Its really starting to suck for competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by =DNC=SySeX73
                                OH dear god no, anything but WoW!!! :|:
                                Not WoW, just Warcraft. That big, caricatured style with exaggerated features.

Comment

Working...
                                X