• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Private server all weapons unlock inclusive special forces

sounds unreliable

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
      Well like i said, he would have to manipulate the scripts in order to mess with anything.

But he still could access each remote PC through the other server, being that each PC makes a connection with the game server, and that IP info could be scanned and logged fairly easily.

I wouldnt have figured that EA would have scriptd the servers to only accpet the text response its waiting on, because they sure screw up every other peice of code.

A buffer overflow of response might work, unless they actually scripted against that as well.

Its hard to beleive DICE actually can script security measures when they cant even get the basics of the game right. :laugh:
      I guess.... if you're skilled you can do anything... But im gonna put some trust in this guy and asume its legit...

Anyhoo, it works for me... and hope it did for you too (saw you in there )

Comment

Originally posted by Moke
        I guess.... if you're skilled you can do anything... But im gonna put some trust in this guy and asume its legit...

Anyhoo, it works for me... and hope it did for you too (saw you in there )

Yeah i went in there and it seems legit. I spoofed my IP and MAC while i was in there just for safety's sake.

Kinda cool using the unlocks, but the server was completely empty when i was in there. (So i dont know how yo usaw me?)

Comment

It works....

Whether or not HALDi is a super hacker trying to steal your nude pics of your girlfriends thru my server I cannot say

Comment

Yeah i went in there and it seems legit. I spoofed my IP and MAC while i was in there just for safety's sake.

Kinda cool using the unlocks, but the server was completely empty when i was in there. (So i dont know how yo usaw me?)
            I have logs

and for the empty part... well... its unranked :laugh: ...

Anyhoo.... Its mostly used by my clan for clanwars in ClanBase and the WorldTournament ... (offcourse with other settings )

Comment

Originally posted by zacman13245
              sounds unreliable
              ...why? And what do you mean: is the security unreliable or the method? If it's the security, then don't use Haldi's server, spoof it yourself like I do. Nothing's more trustworthy than your own server, right? And if it's the method, believe me, it works. Oh man, does it work. And for us guys who aren't kids any more, guys who have mortgages and jobs and family duties, and therefore only have two or three hours a week to spend on gaming, getting to play the whole game without having to spend hours upon hours jumping through EA's hoops on their ranked server system, spoofing the unlocks is the perfect solution.

EA basically told guys like me to screw off. BF2 isn't designed for the enjoyment of the private server admin, it's designed to drive the masses through EA's pay-to-play ranked server system to generate more ca$h. That's why my server still sticks mostly with BF1942 - BF2 kind of sucks, since there's no CTF mode and you have to basically blow EA to get all the weapons in-game.

The server unlock trick, combined with the imminent release of the Desert Conflict mod, makes BF2 a full-fledged game, IM(NS)HO, and maybe we'll start playing it on our server. If EA/DICE borks this spoof, we'll go back to BF1942, or CS:Source, or some other game. Until then, this is plenty reliable for me.

Okay, rant mode off. Time to go modify my spoofing stuff.

cheers,

Comment

That's a good idea regardless of whether or not you trust Haldi's server. Hell, I don't trust *anybodys* server, even my own sometimes.

Comment

like Steven_lp said, check out tacticalgamer.com servers... they're unranked, but you'll actually be able to find people on there most of the time... in fact, they're usually packed after 6-7pm (EST)...

wednesday when i last played, there were 53 playing on server 1 (running vanilla bf2 w/ all unlocks), and 32 on server 2 (running special forces)...

(edit:fixed url)

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                    Call me paranoid, but I'd have an issue with telling my server to talk to an IP address posted by someone who only signed up today.

But then again, I'm paranoid.
                    I wouldn't do it either. I smell script kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                      I wouldn't do it either. I smell script kiddies.
                      I dont think this script is a Problem. Was postet and used weeks ago:

Haldi (ma? ) has found a solution for SF. I am happy about this. I worry myself rather about the security of the BF2 Serverfiles! There were something on bf1942 ......

Comment

Would it not make more sence to post the scripts and allow people to run local virtual hosts?

It seems to me that you'd not only be able to fully trust your own machine, but you'd also not have to worry about any issues involving swamping the remote server.

As I mentioned before, I'm rather paranoid and really don't like the thought of telling a server to connect to an unknown host. I also have to question why someone would intentionally set himself up for what would emulate a DOS attack (if enough servers where to use this, it would present some perty high traffic).

I always question the motives of people who present tweeks that require you to effectivly breach your own security when there's a fully secure option.
                        BF2 Amp, anyone?

Comment

the forums are full of people who don't know how to setup the perl version, so i tought i just host it for others. it doesn't take much bandwith and i really did not think of mean people doing dos attacks - anyway i hope my firewall takes care of this as far as possible - should it happen.

Ok, so you asked for the script and here it comes, for those who know how to host .net things
                          Code:
                          <%@ Page Language="VB"%><%
                          	dim i as integer
                          	response.ContentType = "text/plain"
                          	response.write("O" & chr(10))
                          	response.write("H" & chr(9) & "pid" & chr(9) & "nick" & chr(9) & "asof" & chr(10))
                          	response.write("D" & chr(9) & request.querystring("pid") & chr(9) & "UNLOCKED" & chr(9) & int((Now() - DateSerial(1970, 1, 1)).totalseconds) & chr(10))
                          	response.write("H" & chr(9) & "enlisted" & chr(9) & "officer" & chr(10))
                          	response.write("D" & chr(9) & "0" & chr(9) & "0" & chr(10))
                          	response.write("H" & chr(9) & "id" & chr(9) & "state" & chr(10))
                          	for i=11 to 99 step 11
                          		response.write("D" & chr(9) & i & chr(9) & "s" & chr(10))
                          	next
                          	for i=111 to 333 step 111
                          		response.write("D" & chr(9) & i & chr(9) & "s" & chr(10))
                          	next
                          	response.write("$" & chr(9) & "115" & chr(9) & "$" & chr(10))
                          %>
                          it url for this has to be http://yourwhatsoeverserver/ASP/getunlocksinfo.aspx

have phun

Comment

Absolute and complete success - I'm on my server right now, playing with the new support HMG. And flashbangs *do* work for assault class, even if you don't have SF (I don't.) Mad props to HALDi for getting this up.

Here's the perl script I run as getunlocksinfo.aspx on my webserver. The old lines have been commented out - fix them if you are using an older 1.03 server. Enjoy!

Code:
                            #!/usr/bin/perl

# my @ids=qw/11 22 33 44 55 66 77/;
                            @ids=qw/11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 111 222 333/;

sub main();
                            sub main() {
                              my $time=time;

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
                              print "O\n";
                              print "H\tpid\tnick\tasof\n";
                              print "D\t12345678\tUNLOCKED\t$time\n";
                              print "H\tenlisted\tofficer\n";
                              print "D\t0\t0\n";
                              print "H\tid\tstate\n";
                              for (@ids) {
                                print "D\t$_\ts\n";
                              }
                            #  print "\$\t103\t\$\n";
                              print "\$\t115\t\$\n";
                            }

main();

Comment

So this doesn't work with 1.12?

Comment

Originally posted by HALDi
                                the forums are full of people who don't know how to setup the perl version, so i tought i just host it for others. it doesn't take much bandwith and i really did not think of mean people doing dos attacks - anyway i hope my firewall takes care of this as far as possible - should it happen.

Ok, so you asked for the script and here it comes, for those who know how to host .net things
                                Cool.
                                Now I have much less reason to mis-trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X