Private server all weapons unlock inclusive special forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private server all weapons unlock inclusive special forces

There are some perl scripts going around how to unlock all weapons for private servers. I reprogrammed it in asp .net to unlock all weapons (inclusive special forces) and of course it works with the 1.12 patch.
    so if you're running an private bf2 server, you have to do the following:

on the computer running the bf2 server edit the hosts file with notepad. for a windows machine the typical location of the hosts file would be C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

add the following text line at the end:
    [FAKESERVERIP] bf2web.gamespy.com

this reroutes all player unlock queries of your bf2 server to the fake server, which always replies that all weapons are unlocked.
    On this fake server you have to run the aspx or perl script mentioned later in this thread.

Re: Private server all weapons unlock inclusive special forces

I seriously would not trust that information.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      Its the same method used here : http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17633

His still work (allthough I havent heard from SF users regarding SF guns)

Comment

Originally posted by Moke
        Its the same method used here : http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17633

His still work (allthough I havent heard from SF users regarding SF guns)
        yes, but thisone unlocks also the special forces weapons.

Comment

seriously, it works! give it a shot, it can't do any harm.

Comment

Call me paranoid, but I'd have an issue with telling my server to talk to an IP address posted by someone who only signed up today.

But then again, I'm paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by HALDi
              yes, but thisone unlocks also the special forces weapons.
              ok... but just for SF owners.. right ?

Comment

Call me paranoid, but I'd have an issue with telling my server to talk to an IP address posted by someone who only signed up today.

But then again, I'm paranoid.
                He, he... ok... i understand. I guess i would feel the same way. Let me explain: I'm from a battlefield clan called 'Zueriteig' located in Switzerland. We're quite disappointed by ea's policy, which makes it impossible for us to host our own ranked server. sure, we could rent one but that's far to expensive we think. if we just play on our private, unranked server we would never get the full functionality of the game, especially no new weapons. so a clanmember showed my a hack to unlock all weapons on our private server and i came along this perl script which i didn't get to run on our windows server and i didn't want to install on our linux server. so i tried to translate it to asp.net and finally achieved a running version. but it just unlocked the bf2 weapons. after analysing the answers from the authentic server, it was quite easy to see what has to be added to also unlock the special forces weapons. i added this and it works. at the end it was much more work than i expected, about 20 hours and i tought others sure like this too So why not share this? there's only little information transferred so it shouldn't take up too much bandwith.

So if anyone wants to try please post here afterwards if it works or not.
                We're also always happy about others joining us on our private server. It has the same ip, but isn't on always, because we have to assure free bandwith during office hours.

Comment

ok... but just for SF owners.. right ?
                  good question... i played the normal bf2 maps and was able to also use the special forces weapons. i don't know what would happen if i would not have special forces installed. if those weapons come with the 1.3 patch, which i guess, it should work by just patching your bf2 to 1.3 without installing special forces..... please let me know should you try.

Comment

So if anyone wants to try please post here afterwards if it works or not. We're also always happy about others joining us on our private server. It has the same ip, but isn't on always, because we have to assure free bandwith during office hours.
                    Ill give it a go... but tell me first....

As a Non-SF owner.... Do I get the SF guns too ??

Comment

good question... i played the normal bf2 maps and was able to also use the special forces weapons. i don't know what would happen if i would not have special forces installed. if those weapons come with the 1.3 patch, which i guess, it should work by just patching your bf2 to 1.3 without installing special forces..... please let me know should you try.
                      oki... Ill just try it... Find out myself.

(disregrad the other one further down )

Comment

As a Non-SF owner.... Do I get the SF guns too ??
                        on ranked servers, you can use sf weapons if you pick them up, there is a way to unlock SF weapons if you dont have SF, its posted in this forum somewhere, anyway the way to do it is if you know someone with SF have then log in as you, play a few rounds and unlock the weapons for ya, then you will have SF weapons in vanilla bf2.

thats what i did, i own 1 copy but have 2 people playing bf2 on 2 diff machines

Comment

Originally posted by shadow2k1
                          on ranked servers, you can use sf weapons if you pick them up, there is a way to unlock SF weapons if you dont have SF, its posted in this forum somewhere, anyway the way to do it is if you know someone with SF have then log in as you, play a few rounds and unlock the weapons for ya, then you will have SF weapons in vanilla bf2.

thats what i did, i own 1 copy but have 2 people playing bf2 on 2 diff machines
                          thnxs....

But I was referring to the trick described by the OP

Comment

oki... Ill just try it... Find out myself.

(disregrad the other one further down )

IT WORKS!!! I just tried it with a friend who doesn't have SF installed. He get's all the weapons inclusive the SF weapons. So the weapons come with the 1.3 patch.

Comment

Please post the script.
                              Or only the lines for the SF.

oder schek mers doch per pm wend ned wotsch das es bekannt werd zeig is au nimerem. Gruss vo eim met wisse Socke

Comment

Working...
                              X