No announcement yet.

Why is flashbang better than a grenade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is flashbang better than a grenade?

Here's the scenario: 2 enemy soldiers are guarding an indoor flag. BF2: SF has a new flashbang toy to throw into the room after which you will rush in and try to shoot both of them. Question: what's the big deal? Why not throw in a grenade and kill them on the spot? We had grenades in BF2 - why is flashbang such a big deal?

Re: Why is flashbang better than a grenade?

I'd say the primary difference is that a flashbang will disorient them regardless of their positions, and given how a grenade will probably take another 3 seconds to explode, there is plenty of time to avoid the blast of a grenade, but not a flash.

Still, grenades are highly useful little buggers, the only problem with the flash is that it seems to have a longer priming and throwing sequence as well as less range than a regular grenade.

Comment

i use flash/bangs mostly to evade tight spots and escape being shot by armour and choppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddog909
        i use flash/bangs mostly to evade tight spots and escape being shot by armour and choppers.
        yup, what he said

A funny thing I saw was a two guys in a smoking humvee taking off down the road in horror after getting flashed - only to explode when they ran into some 'indestructible' wooden wall. hillarious...

Comment

You can flashbang a tank driver and he'll be screwed for several seconds. Enough time to leg it or for one of the 20 spec ops players on your team to c4 him.

Comment

Flash bangs have a MUCH larger area of influence.

Comment

Originally posted by =]gaf[=Jimbo
              You can flashbang a tank driver and he'll be screwed for several seconds. Enough time to leg it or for one of the 20 spec ops players on your team to c4 him.
              EXACTLY, I've crossed streets with tanks pointed right at me, but being blind as a bat they didn't blast me to next week....

Also, I've always used my smoke to cover a flag I'm capping, especially when its only 1,2,3 guys working it. Now, u can spam out some flashbangs and be fairly safe while capping the flag...

Its better as a weapon for defense or evasion...

Comment

You can get your knife medals up more with a flash bang.

I forget which map I was on, but it had like an island, main land, lower town, mid town, and a castle. We had all the upper flags, and working on the lower ones. People were crouching behind a wall taking shots and grenading us on our way down. I flashed them, and they got prone, and I was able to run around and knife them.

Anyone else have the problem of getting blinding by your own flash, even if you turn away or are behind a wall and throw it a decent way away?

Comment

Grenades and flashbangs are very handy for getting away from snipers. If you're pinned down by a sniper, just toss a grenade in front of you, and run away under the smoke.

If you've only got flashbangs, toss it slightly to the side, but not enough to fall outside his scope. A less experianced sniper will look away from the center of his crosshairs to watch the flash, because the human eye is trained to detect movement. Then, just as it goes off, you can make a run for it.

Comment

If you had experiences w/ flashbag in karkand, or any small map that involves in firefight, you found it very lame.....

Comment

FlashBang blinds the living hell out of u

Comment

I have a question for SF players.

Do the flashbangs effect last longer when on night maps compared to day maps?

I mean, your eyes would have to adjust more going from total darkness to the flash.

What about wearing NVG + flashbang? IRL, would the NVG enhance the flash? Or would it partially filter it so it would be a normal fb.

Jus wonderin

Comment

Does it affect you if you turn away?
                          Does the person throwing the flashbang yell "flashout" like he would "frag out" for a nade?

Comment

Originally posted by unlimitedmp
                            I have a question for SF players.

Do the flashbangs effect last longer when on night maps compared to day maps?

I mean, your eyes would have to adjust more going from total darkness to the flash.

What about wearing NVG + flashbang? IRL, would the NVG enhance the flash? Or would it partially filter it so it would be a normal fb.

Jus wonderin
                            In SF the FB is the FB on any map it is the same...

In a gamy way it does effect you worse if you have NVGs on...

In RL this would not occur, as the NVGs are not capable of producing that much light, it would be like watching a FB go off on TV. I suppose it is feasable the NVGs might be damaged or have there calibration thrown out, but even that is unlikely...

NVGs obviously would not stop the bang effect and the temporary deafness and disoriantation...

Comment

ic! ok

Comment

Working...
                              X