Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do u get onboard the boat : Iron Gator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u get onboard the boat : Iron Gator?

Are the only way if u are MEC to get in through the back / boat hangar?
    Off course u can get dropped onboard by the helicopter, but i have read there is one more way, is there?

Re: How do u get onboard the boat : Iron Gator?

i dnt no but iron gator sux in my opinion

Comment

Form custom squad named "Jump!"

get in transport chopper, proceed to 400 elevation, hover over flight deck, drop guys as a squad... once they've taken a flag bail out and join them.

Comment

iron gator is my fav map so far in SF. I like playing MEC and taking over the carrier. I only know of the rear entry and by transport.

Comment

Yeah, only ways in are to get on the deck or to get in the back... And without a chopper there is no way to get on the deck (I mean from the outside the ship)...

The chopper is the most effective way, as the US team can make the rear enterance a living hell with a support, a medic and a couple of AT guys...

Comment

Spawn there!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              Spawn there!
              Lol, yeah thats def. the easiest way.
              Thx guys, now i dont have to circle around that damn ship to search for alternatives.

Comment

I love hovering in front of the opening at the end of the **** and mowing down all the campers in there waiting to own the boats and jetskis.

If you have a good heli crew it's not that hard getting on deck.

Comment

And having someone stay back at the MEC spawn and man the linebacked to give the chopper some help is useful

Comment

Forget about the Tongounska, i have played several games on Iron gator in the Apache, that DCA never hit me but he killed his teamates like three times each round (just throw the flares near the Hind and he's dead... )

Let's face the fact, with a good Heli crew in US, you wont get anywhere, the pilot kills boat and VB, my copilot blow up any Helis coming around...

The idea of the Mi8 at 400Alt could work yea. I see to much guy attacking the boat straight in.... Just make a biiiiig curve around the red limit of the map and u will not meet anyone (specially on the left side where the USS essex tower cant hit you...)

Comment

Yeah Iron gator is the worst map design ever. Choppers get shot to hell by the anti air on the carrier and boats/APCs are mauled by all the USA AT troopers.

Comment

If the teams are approximately balanced in terms of skill, the US side will always win Iron Gator by miles.

Comment

what is the question? there are many doors that lead inside the carrier.....

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
                            If the teams are approximately balanced in terms of skill, the US side will always win Iron Gator by miles.
                            NO they wont. If the other team gets even the slightest idea how the transport copter is used correctly, then the def doesn't alwats win.

Comment

Last night was the first time that I have seen the map go poorly for the MEC 2 rounds in a row.

I have seen the MEC win more rounds on that map than the US, and I have even seen the US get shut out a number of times.

They key is getting the first spawn, and then just spreading like locusts over the boat. Take a couple of spawns at the same time to make them choose where to defend first. Go for the neutral if you can, but have another squad going for something at the other end of the ship at the same time.

Jumping in works pretty decent - try to land on the upper decks as a SL, and have your squad spawn in on you. Make sure to rotate the SL position to whomever is alive on the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X