Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't mix BF2 and SF on 1 server? I thought this was an 'Expansion"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't mix BF2 and SF on 1 server? I thought this was an 'Expansion"?

Originally posted by Noobzilla
    The whole program was horribly thought out.. Ive always considered any
    program that goes to desktop to switch to a differant mode a horribly
    written piece of code. Not seamless at all.. Other games incorporate
    their exp. packs into the original game, adding new menu items, etc etc,
    but not EA. Im guessing that in order to force more purchases of their
    junky products they needed to make it this way..

The whole game is a joke, imo. I took my expansion pack back after the
    first failed attempt to join a server, and then having it tell me my password
    was wrong 6 straight times, even though I knew it wasnt wrong.. Im
    just not going to fiddle troubleshooting their lousy games 1 second longer.

I'll wait until I see EA games on file sharing networks and download them for
    free from now on.. never will I pay EA another dime.
    You have a very apt name them, noob Even thought the solution to this "incorrect pasword" is simple and is in fact the SAME as the solution to the same problem last patch.... you STILL couldnt work it out :laugh: :laugh: LOOL i bet the guy at best buy was laughing his ass of at your noobness

<employee> what is the reason for the refund

<Noobzilla> erm, i cant work out how to re-install the game

<employee> O.....K...... now if i give you any change with your refund, will you promise you not to swallow it and choke? or shall we wait for your mommy?

i think i speak for everyone when i say we are ALL glad you wont be in the same server as us, you probably cant work out who is the enemy either

Comment

Re: Can't mix BF2 and SF on 1 server? I thought this was an 'Expansion&quot;?

lol @ Teaves.

Just thought that now I can post I'd put in my 2p's worth.

It would've been nice to have been able to play the original maps with the new outfits & tools.

It would have been nice to play the original maps with a mix of BF2 & SF outfits, this would've been pretty hard to do as it would mean a large patch that included all the new stuff being wedged into BF2. I think that if EA had taken more time to put the release together they probably would have done all that (maps, outfits, vehicles).

The switching between versions had me worried to start with. You start the game, click on a server and get hoofed out to windows (i thought the damned thing had crashed) for it to reload the correct version. Long winded and pointless imo.

The intergration between the two games and the broswer could've been done so much better.

Like someone said further up the thread "it's a seperate game that uses BF2 as a base".

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
        This is my only real complaint about the expansion, the inability to play standard maps. I understand the problem with non SF owners getting kicked but surely SF servers should be able to play BF2 maps as this wouldnt be a problem then.

I think if you could not only would more people probably upgrade to the expansion but it would also be better for the players as it would break up the maps and so give a bit of extra life to the game instead of potentially splitting it the player base.

Its too early to say what the effects of this will be as the Expansion is so new but player numbers will tell the story in a month or two.
        Great point. EA is obviously looking to generate more customers. They should facilitate the expansion not make us grumble with it. The one this I like is an extra weapon unlock though. That they got right

Comment

Originally posted by Char-ley_Killa
          well yeah it would be good but what would happen if someone joined ur server with out spec ops and it was on a bf2 map and then i switched to a spec ops map, the person would get kicked i guess but that would be ghey
          what are you on about?

If you ran your server as SF then then those people would need SF to play on your server!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by distance
            In fact you CAN have both (BF2 and SF maps) on one single game server!

I tested it myself on our server, it's easy!
            Just copy BF2 levels to xpack levels and make NEW maplist.con (that will have both maps from BF2 and SF) in xpack!

Server will auto-switch mods or I don't know how it's doing but it is working properly.

What the real problem then ?
            Well...
            Clients/players must do the same! (add BF2 mod levels to SF mod levels)
            ....or they will face "you don't have map" problem...
            I'm running an sf unranked with bf2.sf maps in rotation. When server switches maps it restarts the appropiate server. On your end you only notice a little longer load time. And yes the client needs to copy maps to xpack folder.

Comment

Originally posted by DaDDeh
              I have my BF2 and SF mounted from image so I don't have to switch DVD's its auto when I switch servers, and I have read somewhere you can mix maps, it's just people have to switch CD/ DVD's for different maps (BF2,SF), I don't it does it auto with both DVD's mounted from image, My Orginals are safely in there boxes now I have the image's I can install from image as well if need be.
              You don't need to switch discs to go from bf2 to SF tho? If you fire up SF and select a BF2 map then it automatically goes back to windows fires up bf2 and automatically logs on to the server you specified, no need to change discs at all.

Comment

Working...
              X