Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Huh. Well, I can't play it online anymore. For a split second a message shows up saying that my version isn't compatible. Rock on. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
      Huh. Well, I can't play it online anymore. For a split second a message shows up saying that my version isn't compatible. Rock on. =/
      right-click the game in steam and choose properties. then you go to the middle button thing and 'verify game content' or something like that. Works like a charm every time

Comment

Why do people play for graphics?

I play for gameplay, and RO is far better than BF2 for gameplay.

As for the artillery, the commander uses their binoculars to spot the target, then calls the strike via a radio. Non of this point and click arty strikes :P

Wouldn't it be funny to see flags scatterd around in the war to show where the controll points were!

Press O to view the map too.

For the guy who said about the one shot kills, rifles generally do kill in one shot, even in DoD source they do.

Comment

Well I never played DoD. And I don't play CSS either. I'm pretty new to computers and gaming (pretty much both since this past August). Sorry for my noobism =P

Anyway, I play for both. I want the most beautiful landscape and effects while having great gameplay as well. I don't think it's too much to ask really. If you consider how much time and effort goes into making a CG movie like Shrek or Finding Nemo, there's no reason to expect anything less than a healthy dose of both. Beauty and gameplay. There's no reason to think you have to suffer one in order to increase the other. And considering that there are people like me who are willing to put the money down for that experience, it'd be kind of silly for us to say "hey it doens't look the best, but man is it fun!". But just imagine that same game... looking a little better!

That said, I think RO looks great. I don't like the people animations but the way they die makes up for it. I dont know if a patch can fix it, but if it can, I certinally hope that they address it. Really, its the only visual in the game I don't like.

Oh yeah, kinda sucks that it crashes on any overclocking too. That's very much a core programming error. I hope it's addressed in a future patch as well. But considering how the game came to be, it's a very nice suplimental between BF2 and Quake Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba

Anyway, I play for both. I want the most beautiful landscape and effects while having great gameplay as well. I don't think it's too much to ask really. If you consider how much time and effort goes into making a CG movie like Shrek or Finding Nemo, there's no reason to expect anything less than a healthy dose of both. Beauty and gameplay. There's no reason to think you have to suffer one in order to increase the other. And considering that there are people like me who are willing to put the money down for that experience, it'd be kind of silly for us to say "hey it doens't look the best, but man is it fun!". But just imagine that same game... looking a little better!

I totally agree - there is no magic formula out there thats states that one is dependant on the other... and besides, at the end of the day, a realistic experience depends greatly on having "believable" graphics. Visual quality is definitely a factor when it comes down to providing an immersive experience.

if this game had been done on a better enginge it would totally own all... so i guess all one can say is bringon ROOST on the unreal 3 engine!!!!

Comment

Graphicaly, its very well done, given the engine they had to work with.

However, not everyone has a PC of the higher specs to be able to run CG movie quality graphics (me :P).

Comment

its either RO or Doom 3

played the doom 3 demo and it wasnt half as good as quake 4

Comment

Originally posted by Death Merchant
                  its either RO or Doom 3

played the doom 3 demo and it wasnt half as good as quake 4
                  hehe aint that some cross genre comparison or what?

Comment

Working...
                  X