Are you a team switcher??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a team switcher??

Hello all, love this site. I have only posted a couple times here, but here is my first thread me thinks. I am from Canada, but I work in Korea, so I am kinda forced to play on the Korean servers(if I want to stay under 100 ping) and the problem with that is that all the Korean servers are 8vs8 games. Now, I let so many things slide, I don't care much about bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, or even the endless C4 suiciders...but what is really starting to bother me are people who switch teams as the round is ending so they can always be on the winning side and get 2x points. I know points are very hard to come by, especially with those of us who can only play 8 vs 8 games all day, but come on, this team switching drives me nuts. This game already takes forever to load, and when people switch teams at the end of a round and it ends up being 12 vs 4...I mean, the next round is pretty much guarenteed to take about 5 minutes to play, if that long...and those people who switch teams just to get an extra 10 or 15 points for being on the winning side, end up losing points the next round because it goes by so fast.....I just don't understand it.
    I know this is a stupid rant on my part but it really drives me crazy, and on top of all the loading time, Korean servers have that 1 minute start timer...so please..if you join a game with me...take the loss like a man(or woman) and stay on the team, it makes for better gaming than 12 vs 4.

ps......sorry for the childish rant...but this is my pet peeve in this game :cry:

Re: Are you a team switcher??

I don't like to switch teams, makes me feel like the whole team thing is pointless as in "why should I help these guys if it's only really fighting against myself in the long run".

Comment

Originally posted by the creepa
      I don't like to switch teams, makes me feel like the whole team thing is pointless as in "why should I help these guys if it's only really fighting against myself in the long run".
      Agreed, thats why I hate getting atuoswitched after I won the damn round for my team.

Comment

you can only get the 2x if your commander. :salute:
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I'll only switch if the teams are unbalanced or if I'm autoswitched. Autoswitch can be annoying though; the other day I was switched 4 times during one round! I didn't know whether I was coming or going...

Comment

I only switch if I wanted on the other team in the first place.

Comment

Eh, I try to keep the teams balanced, typically at my own expense. Autobalance sucks though, I can't tell you how many times I've likke 30-40 guys in a jet, and kill everything I touch, I crash once because a few frame skips then I'm autoswitched to the team that's ultimately doomed, because of me.

Comment

1. Id rather have autobalance then to play 20 vs 40
                2. Only the commander gets double points
                3. Yea the winswitch is absolutely pathetic in EVERY WAY

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  you can only get the 2x if your commander. :salute:
                  This is worth repeating... only in much larger red letters:

You can
                  only
                  get the 2x
                  if
                  you're the
                  winning
                  commander!!!
                  !!

Kinda like that.
                  :salute:

Comment

Actually to be more specific the winning commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
                      Actually to be more specific the winning commander.
                      Yer right.
                      Edit in order!
                      Edit: Edited.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                        This is worth repeating... only in much larger red letters:

You can

only
                        get the 2x
                        if
                        you're the
                        winning
                        commander!!!
                        !!

Kinda like that.
                        :salute:
                        WHAAAT ???.... Are you saying that you only get your points doubled if you the winning commander...

Wow.... But hey.. you still get points for Arty kills and resupplys ..right ?

:laugh:

Comment

Hi, I live in Korea and I also occasionally join Korean servers and so far, I have not observed such phenemenon. On the contrary, players in these servers really don't care about winning or losing too much. Also, i'm not quite sure how it's possible for the server to have 12 v. 4 by team-switching when autobalance is on (all Korean servers have autobalance on).

Hell, i've never seen one side having over 8 players.

I have to agree on the map size and the "break time" between each rounds, they get annoying once you're in the server for a long time. I've asked one of the EA guys if they can change it but it seemed they haven't listened...

BTW, you'll most likely see me when Operation Cleansweep is running on those Korean servers. You'll know why if you do see me

Comment

if the team i'm on consitently makes stupid mistakes and doesn't have any skill. I just Click to join the other team and press Insert at the same time. So i can stay and not be switched to the retards again.

Comment

I only ever switch side to be on the same side as my clan mates, when I first join the game/round starts, I do not switch at the end of a game to gain a win. To be honest I don't recall seeing others do it either, but maybe I'm just not vigilant enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X