x1800xt or 7800gtx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x1800xt or 7800gtx?

1FPS on 1024x768, and if you get either cards and run the game on 1024* I will personally come to your house and stab you. Scroll down, fool, and see how much it owns the GTX.

Comment

@Garabaldi

"By one FPS."

errr no...try actually looking at the links i posted rather than looking at only the very first picture on the first link.

if you do this you will see that its only on the resolution of 1024x786 thats its one FPS quicker....and if you have either of the cards you should be running it on much higher resolution where there is a much bigger FPS difference.

Comment

Erm..

So, there's about what? A 7 FPS performance boost? For what? A hundred dollars more?

This incredible, stupendous, 90% improvement took months to be prefected?

I'll stick with this..

PASS

Comment

A 50 inch LCD should be a required purchase with this card then, since you will only be seeing improvements at high resolutions.

In the long run, nVidia would be the wise choice. They are ahead in the graphics card war right now (nVidia's new card is looming, while ATi JUST released a card that is on par with a GTX) and you have the option of SLi.

Don't let the fan boys tell you otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
            So, there's about what? A 7 FPS performance boost? For what? A hundred dollars more?
            are you blind...or is it your biased love of nvidia that's blinding you?

if you look its more of a 20 FPS boost at higher resolutions.

A 50 inch LCD should be a required purchase with this card then, since you will only be seeing improvements at high resolutions.
            umm no....have you tried running bf2 at 640x480 on your monitor and then at 1600x1200?...it looks loads better at 1600x1200 and doesn't mean you need need some massive screen because its a higher resolution.

In the long run, nVidia would be the wise choice. They are ahead in the graphics card war right now (nVidia's new card is looming, while ATi JUST released a card that is on par with a GTX) and you have the option of SLi.
            Sorry but this is not the case for battlefield 2 and other games. ATI cards have the option of crossfire which from what i have read has improments over SLI.
            So the wise choice is upto the buyer....but if he wants the best for bf2 right now then he is going to need an ATI 1800XT.

Don't let the fan boys tell you otherwise.
            heh....yep look at the facts.

Comment

You obviously know nothing about hardware, when was the last time you saw a 50in LCD TV with a higher res than standard(high end) monitors.

Of course Nvidia will have a new card out soon, that's the industry. After that card, ATI will make a better one, then nVidia will top that, ect. ATI is winning at the moment, who knows, maybe in a week nvidia will be on top.

Uhm...have you read anything on any computing site in the last couple months? ATI was talking about crossfire for ages, and it's been out for around a month now.

Comment

Ok, lemme revise my question...

X1800XT OR 7800GTX 512MB?

Comment

well the 7800GTX 512MB isn't out yet so your best bet would be to wait and see and compare them both along with price. I bet ATI will be releasing an 1800XT PE though soon

Comment

does bf2 support either of these cards

Comment

But when does/do you think the 7800gtx 512mb will be out? Sites on google say it'll be out on the 14th november.

Comment

The thing about those charts is that it's comparing a 1800XT with 512MB of RAM vs the 7800 GTX with 256MB. It's not much of a dominating gain in regards to the RAM. Use a 7800 GTX with 512MB (god I keep typing K instead of MB, heh) of RAM and it'll be in Nvidia's favor once it comes out.

As usual, it's too hard to see who will be the better. I was gonna go with ATI because I expected their new card to dominate big time but it's not and it's still too long until their secret flagship card is released. Perhaps once that one comes out, I may go with ATI.

I'm buying one of the 24" Dell LCD monitors so I need to upgrade my card from a 6800 GT due to it's 1900*1200 resolution, and I'm gonna have to go with Nvidia. I love BFG. If ATI's card would have dominated a bit more, I would have switched to them.

- N

Comment

Working...
                        X