Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x1800xt or 7800gtx?

Ok, i currently have a radeon 9200...:laugh:
    I'm planning on which graphics card to get for my new rig, i'm leaning over to the x1800xt but I don't really know which one to get. I've been reading a few spec posts and most of you seem to have nvidia.

So which one should i get?

Re: x1800xt or 7800gtx?

wait for a bit and get what ever new card nvidia releases to counter ATI's

Comment

I'll be getting it for Christmas so I don't think they'll release one in time, i guess its the x1800 according to the situation unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Comment

Really doesn't matter, both are more than needed. Can't go wring with either one.

Comment

Ah well, I think the x1800xt will keep me running for the following years, thanks.

Comment

what kind of mobo do u have

Comment

I have no idea (no idea how to check aswell). I'll be getting a new motherboard to accomodate the PCI-E of the x1800xt since the slots on mine are AGP.

Comment

get the 7800gtx

Comment

I'm actually gonna wait until the x1800xt comes out, lowers in price abit (hopefully before christmas) and then see the real specs of both.

Comment

get the 7800GTx mines superb and has never let me down!

Comment

Hello? Sorry I'm rude but there's a 512mb Nvidia GeForce 7800gtx out in the next few days. That one will rule ATi. Get the 7800gtx 512mb when it's out in 2 days..

Comment

The 7800gtx has more pipelines but the x1800xt has fast memory speeds and processing speeds so it depends on what your looking for and what you like

Comment

I'm going to look into the 512mb one, sounds promising. Thanks.

EDIT: Does anyone know any prices? I'm getting really drawn into this new card, Seems like you were right on waiting Char-ley_killa.

Comment

nvidia rocks, ati sucks. the nvidia drivers have always been winners. ati drivers are always problem riddled.

Comment

Originally posted by goya
                              nvidia rocks, ati sucks. the nvidia drivers have always been winners. ati drivers are always problem riddled.
                              Nvidia sucks, ATI rocks, nvidia image quality is poor and has shimmering texture issues even after the driver update that was supposed to fix it. ATI image quality is superb and their drivers work great and have never caused problems

Comment

Working...
                              X