Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The core causes behind BF 2's jet situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The core causes behind BF 2's jet situation.

At least with choppers their slow and hovering movement makes them
    good targets for AT kit people, like myself.. but jets are just there for
    the little kiddies of the bf2 community to goof around in.. they serve
    no real purpose within the game, and are no help to any team I have
    ever been on..

Give me the best jet pilot in BF2... and I still wouldnt want him on my
    team....totally useless to the goals of BF2...which are to control points..

Jets are a joke in BF2.. ruins more games than anything else..
    Stupid sour loser, another idiot who refused to leave the airstrip after another jet mowed him down. Jets are for kiddies huh? So why arent tanks for kiddies? I cant seem to kill it with an AT kit, I always get mowed down first... I think it unfair. And I think tanks are for kiddies. Heck, BF2 is for kiddies, lets go back to CS and whine about AWP being too powerful.

Your bitching gives the game a bad name. Stupid sore loser.

As a commander I controlled a jet and it did far more than arty strike could ever have done. It took armor, infantry, everything I asked with efficiency. Did it rack up miraculous kills so that noone could live nor cap a flag? Absolutely no. In fact the only ones who whine, get raped by the jets and refuse to leave the main strip. Most of the guys battling it out on the infantry level dont even notice the jets. A jet doesnt win the game. Its the simple state of the game where everyone just doesnt give a damn. Thats whats wrong.
    You see a good jet pilot getting a lot of kills? I saw an APC "whore" beating a jet guy with the scores. Hard to take down a jet? Its damn hard to take down that APC aswell. How can you even compare AA to AT when you have put zero effort to master AA while you are quite good at AT.

People just want an easy shot. Fire and forget. People want too much.

And you whine too much. Take away jets and you can start taking away everything.

(On a sidenote, still supporting increased efficiency of the AA)

Comment

to sum up the thoughts of a lot of players i see waiting for jets on the runways...

Comment

Originally posted by UF-RAM
        Cheers guys :evil: ........I've lost the bet now.

I said that Americans would acknowledge the F15 needs updating.

My friend said you'd be insulted.

£20- down the drain
        Not only does it need updating, it needs replacing, which is why the current jets that are rolling out for the US military are doing just that.

Not trying to sound mean here, but the EuroFighter is not as good as it should have been. At 63 million dollars, they could have bought two SU37 jets and put their own electronics system in it and gotten better performance.

Bragging about the Eurofighter beating out two F15's is about as funny as bragging about an F22 Raptor beating out two Jaguar GR1 jets. It better be able to beat a jet that is basically 30 years old, otherwise you really ****ed your money away. If that puts it into perspective for you.

I'm actually not sure where you get that I was sticking up for the F15, as I said that the Raptor takes on 6 or more at a time. If anything, that should tell you right there how outdated that jet is compared to the newest jet we have. Now go get your 20 pounds back.

I'm just going out on a limb here, but I think you replied before you actually thought about what I said because that is something you wanted to say anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by strathound
          Good post. How do you feel about the mobile AA? Is it more effective? Should we have more mobile AA on the maps?
          Weaker jets

Comment

i think its just ARCADE?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
              Stupid sour loser, another idiot who refused to leave the airstrip after another jet mowed him down. Jets are for kiddies huh? So why arent tanks for kiddies? I cant seem to kill it with an AT kit,)
              Easily destroyed with C4 (the prefered method, and no i've never been a C4 spamer) or mines and the static ground defense missles. Also easily killed by arty or planes or choppers...

Comment

C4 a tank with an experienced driver isnt easy at all. And my point is that you have to master the countermeasures for certain threats because those threats are mastered aswell.
                We have 5 ATs against a tank, taking it down. What if we had 5 AAs manned agaisnt a plane? Hed have no rest on land.
                Calling pilots kids just because you havent spent your time to try to improve your AA skills just shows how dumb you can get. (You no tpersonally YOU, but generally speaking).

The ONLY effective way you get those AAs to do what you want is to make it fun using them. Noone likes to sit in a Stinger/IGLA. Even Essex gets boring. The only way you can make AA fun for people, is to bring it closer to the action. And give people somesort of mobility. Right now you have AA vehicles. Just add a couple of those per map and youre set for good.

The problem with next patch wil be- AA missiles will STILL not be as good as everyone expects them to be. People expect to sit in the IGLA, fire 2 shots at the jet, run off and see
                PRO[IGLA]n00b
                message.

Well, you expect too much.

I enjoyed the "I want a plane" pic!

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
                  to sum up the thoughts of a lot of players i see waiting for jets on the runways...

:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Most of the guys battling it out on the infantry level dont even notice the jets.
                    Not true. I have about 40-50 deaths from jets alone while trying to mix it up with the other guys on the ground. If I were the only one, you've have a good case. Others face similar "noise" from the jets getting in the way of their game.

But this is a moot point. 1.2 will make it all better again.

Viva le 1.2.

Comment

Wasn't talking about the jets, just what the response to the news article would be.

Good job I didn't say double or quits :laugh:

Comment

As a commander I controlled a jet and it did far more than arty strike could ever have done. It took armor, infantry, everything I asked with efficiency. Did it rack up miraculous kills so that noone could live nor cap a flag? Absolutely no.
                        Now why would you admit to one of the most annoyingly 'noobish' things that occurs in BF2? Jesus...

Comment

People forget that it is easy to counter the jet as a foot soldier in BF2... It is not about shooting them down as making them useless. The one thing the guy in the jet can't do that everyone else in everything (except boats) can is cap flags. You can also avoid giving him kills by staying out of sight.

Do those to things, cap flags and find some cover and it does nto matter how skilled the pilot is, he can't do a thing about it. That is a big deal in my opinion...

Comment

what about mobileAA?

Comment

I don't care about increasing accuracy of the AA... just make it not lock on to friendlies!! that's a huge reason why i'm not in that AA gun. it sucks to shoot 3 missiles at a jet only to take out a friendly chopper and bet -30 points (teamkills + team vehicle damage).

Comment

Working...
                              X