No announcement yet.

Commanders - Tell Us Once and Shut Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanders - Tell Us Once and Shut Up!

What is it with commanders giving 'enemy infatry spotted' etc CONSTANTLY! Fine tell us if there is a threat to our airbase or something but for god's sake tell us once or twice NOT CONSTANTLY!

Today on one of EA's UK servers,(10 I think), The commander, something 'LOKI' would not shut up even when the team members were asking him to be quiet. He was not a ten year old either because he was also using VOIP. Please.......Tell us then Shut Up.

It was that bad I just left the server, mutiny votes are not worth it.

Re: Commanders - Tell Us Once and Shut Up!

When there are a lot of enemies in one place the commander should use the UAV. us the "spotted" thing for the scatted few enemies that are close to your friends.

Comment

Are you sure they are not spotting all enemies and not the same over and over again?

Comment

As commander I will use that command when I am zoomed in and see a guy near a flag but no sure of where the enemy is. The UAV is usually busy on another area so I can't use it. I don't do it 20 times in a row but I assumed the enemy lit up for my guy the way it does when I call out the spotted thus giving him the heads up where the guy is.

I have seen this help my guys when I do this so I don't think it's a bad thing. Maybe 20 times in a row, but 3-5 times is good.

Comment

LoL so what! I wish more commanders would spot the enemy, instead of just relying on the UAV...

Comment

Man I hate those commanders that keep shouting
            I cant hear anything else...Grrrrrr

Comment

he may be spotting enemies that are in different areas that are near his troops. his UAV may have been already deployed at a hotzone and one or two bad guys are approaching a CP with a few friendlies nearby. of course, he's gonna spot them for the friendlies to kill.

just ignore it. it's not like the radio spam is causing you to have seizures.

Comment

I can understand what your saying about commanders spotting enemys but some times its a must. If sf take out my eyes (scan & uav) first thing ill fix is scan and then ill shout out were the enemys are. Ill even use my mic if it helps just last night on sharaqi we had taken all the flags and there was only a sniper left on the crane i had to tell my squad leaders were he was becouse no one could find him. BTW is there anyway i can just talk to one squad leader at a time last night it would of realy helped me as commander . I was zooming right in so i could see the enemy i was giving my squad leaders directions to the enemy like squad leader 6 the enemy is on top of the roof behind the next street near the flag. Or the enemys hiding behind the skip on your next right.

Comment

Originally posted by WhitecapUK
                  What is it with commanders giving 'enemy infatry spotted' etc CONSTANTLY! Fine tell us if there is a threat to our airbase or something but for god's sake tell us once or twice NOT CONSTANTLY!

Today on one of EA's UK servers,(10 I think), The commander, something 'LOKI' would not shut up even when the team members were asking him to be quiet. He was not a ten year old either because he was also using VOIP. Please.......Tell us then Shut Up.

You're an idiot.....go play CS.

Comment

Originally posted by WhitecapUK

Damn you beat me to it Butler .....

We wouldnt have to spot things over and over if the game wasnt full of noobs doing there own thing in thier own little world .... Not many people know how to play as part of team thats why commnaders have to do so much to get the attention of you damn noobs

Comment

Dosen't the sattelite scan do that autonimously though?

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                        Dosen't the sattelite scan do that autonimously though?

that only shows the commander where enemy units are, it does not tell him what type of units (e.g. infantry/PAC) nor does it show the team anything - it ONLY shows the commander, noone else.

The commander can then use that info to order his squads or drop arty or whatever

Comment

Must admit Im guilty of this at times when Im a commander, I find that if you just say it once or twice no one takes any notice of you then on the other hand it as helped guide quite a few people to a kill.

Comment

As commander, once I deploy my UAV in either a hotspot or where it was requested, I will immediately run a scan. If I see a few enemy scattered about the map and they have gotten past the main defending force, I will call out the enemy spotted on those soldiers. I will also do so if I see one enemy hiding on the opposite side of a building as my troops so that the guy there can see exactly where that enemy is.

I know it is annoying but there is a much larger picture than what the UAV shows. I would MUCH rather have a commander spotting rogue troops and spamming their location than to have one who did nothing but use UAV's.

Also, if I see an enemy at one of our back flags but it has not gone neutral yet, it can give a little extra time to our guys if I spot him rather than waiting for the flag to go neutral to know that they are there. Those extra moments could be the difference between having to kill one enemy to recap the flag and killing a mob of them who have now respawned there.

Comment

I think you get a point every time someone kills an enemy that you have spotted, not sure about this though, can anyone confirm it??

Comment

Working...
                              X