Game to Kill BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game to Kill BF2

I've played the cold war version, I was really impressed. Unfortunately my cracked, I mean copy was a little buggy. I have no clue how it ends. I remember being flown off the island but I don't know if there is more.

I think Operation flashpoint had a great feel to it. Huge maps. I loved going through the woods trying to evade patrols and helos. If BF2 only had a search a destroy game, I'd be really hooked. But I'm not complaining. Both are solid, but I don't think you can really compare the 2. okay...well I just did.

Comment

^^ he said "crack" ^^ hehehe

Comment

Thats some pretty sick graphics there.

Comment

tell me more about the games guys

is it like Joint operations but more realistic ???

is it BF style with flags ? are there commander mode or squads ?

fab

Comment

Originally posted by fab kebab
            tell me more about the games guys

is it like Joint operations but more realistic ???

is it BF style with flags ? are there commander mode or squads ?

fab
            - its nothing like JO ,JO is to cartoonish!
            - Its capture the flag, or control an area style on very large maps!
            - Its not close combat BF2 style, vehicles, planes, tanks can survive cause they have enough space to manouvre in!

OPF2 will do justice to virtual warfare for sure, its nothing like BF2.
            Lots of spots to hide such as houses and huge forrests so a lone ranger(sniper) can do some information research!

OPF2, will need some good planning from players, work as a team, map reading, patience to complete goals, vehicle skills, individual skills, communication skills and so much more!

OPF1 died due to bad grafics, weird character movement, weird aiming and lots of addons, and the game lags!

Comment

I dont know why some people keep comparing BF2 with games that are war simulations and keep saying "oh BF2 is not as realistic as this game or that game".

I dont know if most of you ever read the interview with DICE and their programmers made it very clear that BF2 is NOT A WAR SIM! It is first and foremost an arcade action as they do not want to stray too far from the hugely popular BF. That interview was posted earlier this year on Gamespot.

If BF2 was a realistic game, you wouldnt be bunny hopping after being shot in the knee caps with the DAO-12!!

Comment

I dont know why some people keep comparing BF2 with games that are war simulations and keep saying "oh BF2 is not as realistic as this game or that game".

I dont know if most of you ever read the interview with DICE and their programmers made it very clear that BF2 is NOT A WAR SIM! It is first and foremost an arcade action as they do not want to stray too far from the hugely popular BF. That interview was posted earlier this year on Gamespot.

If BF2 was a realistic game, you wouldnt be bunny hopping after being shot in the knee caps with the DAO-12!!

Comment

I heart OFP. It taught me a lot about military tactics, and seems to be the only game to even come close to being a true war-sim. You get shot in the leg, your butt is crawling until you can find a medic. You get shot in the head, dead. You get shot in the chest twice, dead. You don't run around corners and engage enemies from 10 meters, you advance in formation with your squad and engage from 100s of meters out. You actually have to stop, aim, and shoot. If you try walking and shooting, your bullets are going everywhere. You have a HUGE and UNRESTRICTED area in which to work. It ranged from fields, to mountains, to hills, to forests. Yes, you can battle it out in the woods. You can approach your enemy from any direction, as can he. There is no insta-prone, it takes a little bit to get down, just as it does IRL. There is no bunny hopping. Oh man, did I mention I heart OFP?

Comment

Working...
                  X