Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game to Kill BF2

Originally posted by -=H2Yo=-
    Ok I bought OFP and it's expansions last year, played it for a bit but had to reformat. I remember the multiplayer being hard as! I spawned inside a tank didn't know how to change view and was destroyed. I also remmeber flying the helicopters, didn't know how to shoot very well so I kept sweeping back and forth... Is this hard or was I not paying enough attention. The graphics are a little poo aren't they?

The graphics are from 2001 they are nowhere near as good as BF2, & the controls for flying are a little tough but other than that its still a GREAT game.

Comment

Originally posted by -=H2Yo=-
      Ok I bought OFP and it's expansions last year, played it for a bit but had to reformat. I remember the multiplayer being hard as! I spawned inside a tank didn't know how to change view and was destroyed. I also remmeber flying the helicopters, didn't know how to shoot very well so I kept sweeping back and forth... Is this hard or was I not paying enough attention. The graphics are a little poo aren't they?
      Unlike BF2, vehicles in OFP require skill and teamwork to use. They take practice.

Comment

I could not figure out how to get the shots posted here so heres the link for a few more shots of the game.

ofpbase.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ofpbase.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

as long as there is a bradley fighting machine, i will be happy

Comment

US-NATO[Sgt]Iconix ohh back in the day when nato was a decent group. Loved that game and like others posted you need skill to use any vehicle in that game. MAkes the goofs stay on the ground. That is the game that turned me into liking bf and ofp style gaming. Makes it more real when there is all types of vehicles unlike MOH where your just a ground pounder. Will be nice when they finish this ofp2, it was what like 4 or more years they have been saying the were comming out with ofp2?? Cant wait and will buy both ofp2 and bf2.sf ****s and giggles

GL all

Comment

Action will always beat realism. As such, OPF2 cannot beat Battlefield 2.

Comment

By the time that comes out BF2 should be about half way fixed with it's problems.

Comment

OFP is fantastic, I still play single player now and again. Multiplayer sucked at the time due to most people still being on dial up, the lack of servers and the processing power required to run the game at max, but hopefully with this new release, those problems will be gone.. Looking forward to it, although I doubt it will be a BF2 killer. OFP appeals more to the sim heads rather than the arcade bunnies.

Comment

bohemia is actually coming out with a game before OFP2 that looks to be some kind of clone of OFP2 (graphics just about the same as in those screenies just a little rougher) - called ARMED ASSAULT...

they say Q4 2005 but somehow i doubt that, havent heard much about it so far any1 else know what i am on about?

Comment

it was ok, there was almost no cover on any of the maps, you can barely put a few low detail low poly buildings on there before your system starts to drag...especially when you got a bunch of soldiers tanks and helicopters in there and all the weapons shot dead accurate out to as far as you could see...not as realistic as people say it is and I played the game for 4 years

I hope they actually get a server browser for OFP2 instead of using Gamespy ::vomit::

playing online sucked...I played against a couple of clan guys and they would just crouch and hit you with every shot from their M60s no deviation or any of that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by JarEme
                        Action will always beat realism. As such, OPF2 cannot beat Battlefield 2.
                        You are definatly in the minority with this opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
                          bohemia is actually coming out with a game before OFP2 that looks to be some kind of clone of OFP2 (graphics just about the same as in those screenies just a little rougher) - called ARMED ASSAULT...

they say Q4 2005 but somehow i doubt that, havent heard much about it so far any1 else know what i am on about?
                          Bohemia actually did the original OFP, I think they had some issues with Codemasters and are releasing the sequel themselves now or with another publisher. If its anything like the first one it will kick ass! Even the singleplayer was enjoyable VS. Battlefield's non-existant singleplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by tekeen
                            Well they are coming out with a new game in Q4 of 2006 that will put BF2 to shame in every respect.
                            I look forward to it, but its easy to outclass BF2 with a game thats still over 1 year from retail - thats if they hit their release date.

Comment

You can still download new vehicles and weapons for ofp. The game used to take up 6gbs on my old computer when i had tons of extras. (all of which were painstakingly downloaded on 56k) Ah hell im gonna install it now.

Resources for editors of Arma3, Arma2, Armed Assault, Elite and Operation Flashpoint

http://www.ballisticaddonstudios.com/classic.php (the best makers of ofp addons
                              GEMILANG77 adalah situs judi slot online terpercaya dan menyediakan slot deposit pulsa tanpa potongan minimal 10 ribu rupiah untuk semua provider utama seperti xl,terkomsel dan three tanpa potongan 2023.

I just remembered! I freaking love this game!

Comment

Everyone was really excited about BF2 being the one that puts everything else to shame, before it was realeased. We might have a classic case of dejavu?

Comment

Working...
                                X