Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dont want me to swear in your server? fine.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dont want me to swear in your server? fine.

with the stingers you get only tone on enemy choppers or A/C, but when you shoot and a friendly chopper flies into the rocket's way they'll follow him!! That's the problem of the stingers! Actually it is absolutely nonsence. I was in the airdefence troops of the Swiss army where we have portable stingers, if they're loocked on an aircraft, there is nearly no chance for them to evade them. They continue to fly after them not even chaffs (metal pieces) or flares (burning magnesium) distracts them. They follow the aircraft and don't hit the engine at the back, they aim for the cockpit!!

Stingers in BF2 are absolute sh**!!

Comment

Like everyone always says (for a good reason) join another server.

As for those people who say swearing has no place in online gaming, you're just as bad as those advocating swearing anywhere. Who are you to dictate what's right and wrong on someone elses server?

Comment

Originally posted by Kennel-Dog
        I cant tell you how many times I've had tone on friendly Choppers with ground defense missiles so, the game gives tone, indicating enemy, your going to fire (I thought 1.03 would stop this but no). Anyway, no its not always intentional.
        Uh, anti tank rocket. Me flying 10 feet away. On the roof, in sharqai.

I know when its intentional, stop trying to find holes in my story. It's a horrible character trait.

I've been playing since the goddamn demo I know how this game works by now.

Comment

If you want to swear go to the pub, drink beer and watch a footy.

I always smile from ear to ear when i play, even if i get tk...

Comment

it appears you have no respect for anyone.BF2 is a public forum and there are rules that govern behavior. most people do not use such profane language in public.You cannot conduct yourself as you wish when your behavior is exposed to women and children.Cant curse in public, this is public.i suggest you dont engage your mic. dont type and swear all you want. or maybe your mommie will spank you.sorry but thats the way your acting.

Comment

Originally posted by triple
              Uh, anti tank rocket. Me flying 10 feet away. On the roof, in sharqai.

I know when its intentional, stop trying to find holes in my story. It's a horrible character trait.

I've been playing since the goddamn demo I know how this game works by now.
              Well, I agree with you that this is f***ing anoying!! I always try to swear on our TS and not public in the server! It's better, they don't give a flying f*** anyway!

Comment

I'm not a fan of guys cussing like a sailor in a server, but that bf2cc program does seem a bit nazi-ish with kicking over curse words.

Our CS:S server's 3rd party program - Mani Admin - allows for a 'chat filter', where you can set certain words - any words - to be filtered out with ***. That way, the guy can type in sh1t all he wants, but will only get ****, instead of being kicked. This seems hella smarter than kicking every guy that says some 4 letter word in frustration...

Comment

The Rogue Saints server is about maturity and self control. We are a mature group of guys who play together the way the game is meant to be played. Come visit us at rogue-saints.com

Comment

Originally posted by majsmt
                    it appears you have no respect for anyone.BF2 is a public forum and there are rules that govern behavior. most people do not use such profane language in public.You cannot conduct yourself as you wish when your behavior is exposed to women and children.Cant curse in public, this is public.i suggest you dont engage your mic. dont type and swear all you want. or maybe your mommie will spank you.sorry but thats the way your acting.
                    mr. e-knight will spank me if im not careful guys.

Comment

I don't see why you have to swear? And type it aswell? If you don't have enough self-control to obey a rule given by an admin, maybe you should leave the server? I realize that a TKer can be aggrevating, but swearing at him really isn't going to stop him from what he has already done, and might do again.

Comment

(LONG POST AHEAD!! only read if you actually care about this subject)
                        Originally posted by Slapidus
                        I really dont understand why servers have filters for curse words i mean do they think its to violence i mean HELLO the game is violence you have people killing each other blowing each other up,but yet your not suppose to cuss
                        Originally posted by evas1ve
                        Most intelligent post so far in the thread and what I've been saying for years since I started playing games online.

You won't get a logical response to this from a server admin because no one will just come out and say "I'm a control freak" thats what it REALLY boils down to.
                        Actually NO that totally wrong, some server admins are control freaks but most try and make the best server for EVERYONE.
                        Allow me, as a server admin for many years, to to give a "logical response" for the reason I enforce a swear filter...... for the simple reason is swearing = turns into a flame-fest, i have litterally seen 2 people arguing with each other for 5 rounds straight on other server calling each other every name under the sun, but when they are filtered people just give up after a couple of lines, thats if they even bother to stop to think how to bypass the filter.

If you people really insist on swearing because you think it makes you look cool or something then you can simply bypass any swear filter by using "l337" spelling or s p a c e s and substitute let*ers with characters. BUT i promise you will get bored with arguing and swearing much quicker with a swear filter active because the few seconds it takes to realise your insult consists of "**** you **** **** ****" usually makes people forget about the trouble and get back to playing.

I would go as far to say as its the people that WANT to swear, trying to act like control freaks as the can always join a different server if they don't like it but instead try and tell server admins how to run their server
                        I myself, like many other people, dont wish to see a constant stream of swearing while i am trying to have a fun game and a swear filter really should bother anyone unless you have Tourette's syndrome (SP?) or something

Just to add my favourite method of swear filtering in other games (not seen this method in BF2 yet but i use it for HL mods) is if there is a cuss word anywhere in the line of text typed, then the WHOLE SENTANCE is not displayed, no ***, no warnings, no nothing.
                        This usualy has the effect of making people pull down there console to see whats happening when nothing displays, and then spending a few seconds pondering it and maybe trying to type it again.

Anyway the real result in this delay is that most people can't even remember what they were "raged" about when they figure out what went wrong, and even less can be bothered to type it again even if they do rememeber, a win-win situation in my mind it workd with non-swear words that stsart arguments just as well, for instance "camper" and "hacker" both also alwas lead to flames and are best avoided.

The whole argument about its a war game and you kill people, so why can't you swear is not a good one IMHO, after all this is a computer GAME so i dont kill anybody and so dont feel there is any violence in computer games whatsoever.

Comment

There are some alternatives to swearing..
                          U dondt have to use things like the f word.

"damn u " works just fine or u can call someone a "idiot" for tking.
                          I think idoit in not that offensive infact some people just are idiot's.
                          Things like "son of a.." u dondt have to finish the sentinse they know what word comes next.
                          I can think of u few things i can type/say to show im frustrated without actualy swaering at someone.
                          Personaly i dondt mind if people type in a bad word now and then..
                          I feel like if u are letting children play these type of games, u souldnt whine if they heard/read bad words now and then
                          Besides it is rated T for teen.

Funny how people think its fine to teach children how to blast arabs with a shotgun..but if that arabs says "sh*t" they go crazy !
                          If it stays in game i dondt care.. as long as i dondt hear them swearing at the dinner table.
                          But if its the server rule then just stick with it ,if u dondt like the rules go find another server simpel as that.

Comment

just join another server

Comment

I don't see any reason to have another thread on this topic. You aren't going to change the minds of server admins, and this isn't a rant board. Nothing constructive ever comes of this, use your search button and find the previous threads on this exact topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X