• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you go back to BF1942?

Nope, never had BF1942 that's why.

Comment

If they would add the 3D map to BF1942, I'd play it in a heartbeat.

Comment

I still play BF42 (DC) to feel better after I spend some time on a really crappy team in BF2 with teamkillers and idiots and such. It's still great fun.

But I think BF:V sucked. Really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Elxx

But I think BF:V sucked. Really bad.
          could you play the game maxed out no lag?

I hated bfv when i played on an intergrated chipset, but when i got an nvidia 5700, i loved bfv for what and how it was supposed to be played.

I still love the classic bf1942 / bfv.

Comment

Maybe if they came out with an 1942 expansion for Battlefield 2 (updated graphics and physics etc), I'd like that qutie a bit.

Comment

dont know if i could really be arsed with bf1942's slowness, now desert combat? HELL YEAH, theres nothing like shooting down a hind pilot and his passengers with an M1 abrams round from half the map away thats just pleasure you cant measure

forgotten hope as well i could easily sit down to and play again no trouble, and why did no one play the wasteland 2049 mod? that was such a class mod for 1942 you even had cowboy style music while you played, i miss that mod

Comment

Would I go back to Windows 98 SE? Probably not.

Comment

try playing it again, I did, it is a F ing cartoon compared to bf2. I played for 5 minutes and felt like I was playing a flash game on newgrounds.

Comment

BF:1942 started it all, hell yeah I would.

Comment

Originally posted by FM_Echo_One
                      Would I go back to Windows 98 SE? Probably not.
                      why? :laugh:

Comment

Not having Battlefield 2 yet, I can't say yet. But BFV kicks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalmother
                          try playing it again, I did, it is a F ing cartoon compared to bf2. I played for 5 minutes and felt like I was playing a flash game on newgrounds.
                          That's going to happen no matter what, in 2 years bf2 will be cartoony, same with hl2, because we'll have almost-photorealistic graphics by then.. Lots of detail.

Comment

When I first played BF1942 I was amazing how fun it was....so hell yeah, i'd go back!

Comment

I just finished a couple (12?) of rounds of Wake 2007, and I must say: they should do a complete remake of BF1942 with the BF2 engine. And please, don't let Dice do it

I had so much fun, it's hard to believe this map is the oldest BF map I know, but I would really love to play it with BF1942 weapons.

Comment

ya bf42 is nice and all but one of the best classic games is MOHAA, and the expansions a very fun series, then there is always counter-strike.
                                Ya and about all that crap about long loading times and ****, well i have 512mb ram, and radeon 9550 and settings set on med, and the only bad thing is i don't get to use any AA. But overall the game runs great unless my latency is off the wall:|: but ya MOHAA is probly in the top 5 best shooters in my book

Comment

Working...
                                X