Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are people destroying M1 with 1 hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How are people destroying M1 with 1 hit?

Originally posted by BigBadBob
    It's a ****ing main battle tank moron. It's designed to take a beating. You can't have APC's able to take a tank out in 1 shot by itself. That's just ****ing retarted.
    :shock:

Comment

they do exist, i've done it myself. there are old threads w/ pics etc on the tanks weak spots. they might be in tips and tricks.
      really old threads.

Comment

This happens alot. I dont know why people deny it but sometimes i see Anti tanks blow up Tanks with one shot. I think the netcode is messed up. Just like when you can shoot someone from the gunner seat in the cobra and hit the guy 200 times and he wont die, then next round or so, takes one shot to kill them. NET CODE OR PACKETS IN THIS GAME ARE TOTALLY MESSED UP. I notice this from time to time. I dont thing its always lag, has to be netcode.

Comment

Originally posted by Selecter
          somebody C4'ed yer ass while you were looking at that LAV.
          hahaha
          absolutely correct

there is no way an LAV can take you out in one hit

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
            It's a ****ing main battle tank moron. It's designed to take a beating. You can't have APC's able to take a tank out in 1 shot by itself. That's just ****ing retarted.
            Um...calm down? I KNOW it's a main battle tank, and I KNOW it's designed to take a beating. I'm talking about MBT vs MBT, when you can hit one dead on and it hardly scratch the paint but get shot back at and be at 3 bars of your tank's health left and hear the fire in your tank, it's pathetic. Needs to be evened out I say, as the tanks are just too vulnerable in places. Yeah yeah, realism, and usually I'm one to be all for realism, but this is just a gameplay killer, the vulnerabilities of the MBT's in game. I'm all for a little more damage in certain spots, but the damage taken from some of the spots in game right now is just pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
              Needs to be evened out I say, as the tanks are just too vulnerable in places. Yeah yeah, realism, and usually I'm one to be all for realism, but this is just a gameplay killer, the vulnerabilities of the MBT's in game. I'm all for a little more damage in certain spots, but the damage taken from some of the spots in game right now is just pathetic.
              the spot is tiny. like really tiny. if ppl are hitting you there on a consistant basis they rock or you suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Deez
                This happens alot. I dont know why people deny it but sometimes i see Anti tanks blow up Tanks with one shot. I think the netcode is messed up. Just like when you can shoot someone from the gunner seat in the cobra and hit the guy 200 times and he wont die, then next round or so, takes one shot to kill them. NET CODE OR PACKETS IN THIS GAME ARE TOTALLY MESSED UP. I notice this from time to time. I dont thing its always lag, has to be netcode.
                http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...1680&page=3#37

I've posted several times about it.

Comment

anyone that spells retarded retarted is retarted. Or is that retarded?

Comment

^^ lol

Comment

Originally posted by coldmist
                      http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...1680&page=3#37

I've posted several times about it.
                      i dont get it?

Comment

heh, i set up AT squads, 3 rockets fire at once, thats prolly what happened, or even better....

somebody C4'ed yer ass while you were looking at that LAV.

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                          i dont get it?
                          The original poster was claiming it was netcode or packet stuff causing the helo's guns to go funny. The machine guns on the helos aren't a netcode problem. It's a client/server bug, where the client thinks it's still pointing left (or up or down or...), while the server thinks it's pointing straight, after coming out of the TV view.

Comment

I'm a little leary of all the 'you got C4'd' or you got 1 C4 the same time the other guy hit you.

I have been 1 shot killed plenty of times now and certainly read most of the how-it-happened threads, etc..

I have have had lucky shots on tanks which should have been at full strength and did a 1 shot kill so I'm more on the thinking of there are a couple of intentional or unintentional weak spots on vehicles.

Tanks are not 'Gods'

Many stationary or vehicle mounted conventional AT missile systems can easily defeat current Main battle tanks.

The current TOW launcher can defeat reactive armor and can penetrate 30 inches, the M1 turret face uses reactive armor that is effectively 35 inches thick but the hull and glacias are only 24 inches. Likewise, any hit on the turret ring will in most cases blow the turret right off of the tank. Additionaly, a track hit certainly stops the tank from moving. A tank or AT round either penetrates and kills you or bounces off like a tennis ball and does no cumulative damage.

There was a report I looked into about an M1 that was taken out in Iraq by 1 lucky shot from and RPG which caused it to catch fire, destroying it.

The game is set up certain ways which are not realistic but work both ways for both sides.

1 hit from a APFSDS Tank round will kill any APC, other tank, Blackhawk, etc..

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by coldmist
                              The original poster was claiming it was netcode or packet stuff causing the helo's guns to go funny. The machine guns on the helos aren't a netcode problem. It's a client/server bug, where the client thinks it's still pointing left (or up or down or...), while the server thinks it's pointing straight, after coming out of the TV view.
                              ohhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                                the spot is tiny. like really tiny. if ppl are hitting you there on a consistant basis they rock or you suck.
                                Drive around corners, both tanks knowing we're there, hit each other at the same time, I get a direct hit to his turret and it hardly does anything, but he hits the broadside of my treads and I have 3 bars of health? Screwed up I say. I've managed to hit'em there as well, it's just insane how much damage these spots do.

Comment

Working...
                                X