DOD: Source <A Review>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD: Source <A Review>

So.. Like everyone else in these forums I've been getting a little '****y' at EA/Dice for not releasing a patch and fix'n things.

So I went out and bought Day of Defeat Source over Steam ($21Cdn)
    I’m a huge Half-life/Valve fanboy and I Loved DOD when it came out, I played it exclusively until BF1942 came out and I wanted some change.

Let me just say this.. Day of Defeat: Source SUCKS
    Don’t waste your money, not yet anyway, DOD:S looks exactly the same as the original DOD. But it sucks even more, they’ve changed classes, weapons, how many grenades you get, how you use them ect.. ect.. ect.. For example.. Smoke grenades in WWII??? ive never seen, heard or read about that before.

Comparing DOD:S to BF2 is pathetic, yes there different games, yes there different graphic engines but there both 3rd generation 3D Graphic engines why is it Dice can do SOOO much with there’s in terms of realism that Valve cannot?
    I don’t know.

Maybe in a year or two when I get bored of playing BF2 (or waiting for the next patch) Valve will have their act together and DOD:S will be the game it should be, until then im just going to work on my next rank.

Re: DOD: Source &lt;A Review&gt;

Agreed. Bought it. Sucks.

Comment

Somebody needs a hug.

Comment

holy hell Funk!!!
        take a chill pill
        yes.. the graphics are better.. a BIT better.. NOTHING compared to BF2

and yes, i talked to a friend of mine who has written a book on WWII, there were smoke grenades, but they were Rarley used and not in squad based combat, here is a link he sent me

As for the personal insults, they are uncalled for. i agree with SDM.. you need a hug

Comment

This thread belongs in the general gaming section not general disscussion of BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathGiver
            This thread belongs in the general gaming section not general disscussion of BF2.
            yep some ppl dont pay attention to that think everything must be in general

Comment

sorry fellas, the Doc released him without his meds today.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueCanadian
                Smoke grenades in WWII??? ive never seen, heard or read about that before.
                I'm guessing you've never played Call of Duty?

Comment

CoD 2 demo has smoke grenades too - the smoke effect is pretty cool, too.

Comment

smoke grenades can be a great asset if used effectively.oh and Funk is just mad because he couldn't marry michael bolton, which is his life long dream..:yay:

Comment

First time I saw the smoke grenades I thought my graphics card had died, the screen just went grey for 20 seconds, no fade in/out at all.

The graphics in DOD:S are okay, but I just get so annoyed when I can't get through a door or down a hallway because one of my own team is stood near me.

Comment

In reply to first poster, it doesn't matter if they use different engines...

2 games, lets say, ww2 fps, can use different engines. And both be compared.

Comment

can;t wait to buy it at Best Buy ^_^

Comment

i keep seeing these exact threads on the steam forums, if you miss the old DOD that much why dont you just play it, isnt it in your list of steam games. Why would anyone pay $20 for the same old DOD just with better graphics? changes are made for a reason and I am glad it has changed. I paid for a game not a port and im happy with what i paid for.

Comment

How can you say the Graphics are the same as the original? Whats wrong with your eyesight. The Graphics are better then BF2...

Screen from Original for comparison:

Oh yea, graphics are the same all right....

And why do you people insist on comparing this to Bf2. Its a different game...

Comment

Working...
                              X