No announcement yet.

How do people not get bored of Karkand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do people not get bored of Karkand?

I hope I never become thàt jaded that I'd play a map I hate for points

I play it cause it's good fun, there should have been MORE infantry maps imho, where all the point spamming whores in their jets would have to come down and prove they've also got what it takes if you take their weapon of mass destruction away

Comment

I don't play it so often but I like it for 2 main reasons:

No huge distance between flags

Lack of air

Comment

Originally posted by bustacaptx
        You mean Mashed Potato City? That's my fave, too (and not just for chopper-whoring reasons).
        What other reasons do you speak of?

Comment

It gets old when you run around a corner and see 3 enemies jump in the air at exactly the same time and all tube ya...

Comment

Originally posted by TeKnO_CaLiTY
            Bottom line is Karkand = Medic and Ammo bag spamming nooobs.

Easy way to rack up points if you have no life. For those of us that play the game for fun, LIKE ME, i jump around in tanks, choppers, jets, boats, ETC. I enjoy the game for what its meant to be.

Unlike some of the Karkand noobs that simply play it day in and day out to simply rack up points. Spamming medic bags, and Ammo bags is simply pathetic. Hell most of the top guys are always Medic or Support noobs.

Real Pros Play ALL MAPS, and dont have 5000 hours on one map.:hmm:
            I suppose REAL PROS, like yourself, have 90% of their kills from using a vehicle. Or have 5000 hours in a helicopter... You play the way you want, but don't scream NOOBs because someone doesn't play like you...

The appeal of the urban maps, esp S@K, for me is that I can find the best squad-based teamwork on those maps.

Comment

I could never stick to jusy Karkand it would annoy the hell outta me...certain type of 'players' frequent the 24/7 city maps...usually stat hungry kiddies./padders or morons with no essence of teamwork. Ya can keep it.

Comment

The appeal of the urban maps, esp S@K, for me is that I can find the best squad-based teamwork on those maps.
                Good post. . .and this is EXACTLY why I like it. It is the level where a good squad on foot is valuable. Most other levels it seems that if you aren't in a vehicle you are dead. In Karkand, if you are on foot and alone, it is hard to do well. However, if you have a good balanced squad that works together, it is easy to defend against vehicles and it is a lot of fun to storm and capture points.

I had one game where it was two assualt, two medic and two anti-tank. We totally owned the map and I pretty much suck at the game on foot.

Comment

I play karkand practically all the time for the points yes, but also for the love of the map, I only ever play on medium size maps cause the large maps are rediculous to get around on. Ive seen some of the best teamwork on karkand and its great to be part of that. I stick to the {SAS}24/7 Karkand server because I know most of the players on that server, when you get to know players thats when the teamwork shines and gets far from boring.

Comment

One thing that has always escaped me when playing MP games, why are people so interested in numbers? Everyone knows when people are point whoring in every game I've ever played. Usually its because when you play them in a competative game where wins/losses matter more they can't do much. When you find out how well they really play people tend to look down on them more then they would a newb.

If numbers really matter to you then by all means play only maps that give huge points but imho it takes away from the spirit of the game.

Comment

its small and its a map where you can get a lot of kills

Comment

I've kind of gotten bored of the whole game. I'm at like 150 hours or so and I think I just need a break from it. I usually get 2-3 hours a night and 10-15 hours over the weekends. I think I got about 1 hour in the past 2 weekends, and only a little more during the week. I figure about another week or so and I'll be ready for more. That should put me right on October 3rd, and I think that's when 1.03 is coming, right?

Comment

karkand sux0rs... its the same thing ALL the time.. its only good cuz its small.. easy to get around.. no choppers.. no planes.. and all the bigger maps lag like a mofo...

Comment

Originally posted by TeKnO_CaLiTY
                            Bottom line is Karkand = Medic and Ammo bag spamming nooobs.

Easy way to rack up points if you have no life. For those of us that play the game for fun, LIKE ME, i jump around in tanks, choppers, jets, boats, ETC. I enjoy the game for what its meant to be.

Unlike some of the Karkand noobs that simply play it day in and day out to simply rack up points. Spamming medic bags, and Ammo bags is simply pathetic. Hell most of the top guys are always Medic or Support noobs.

Real Pros Play ALL MAPS, and dont have 5000 hours on one map.:hmm:

It's a phukin game! people play what they enjoy not what they need to become a pro.

Comment

I play wherever the map takes me (20hours playin no more than 3 on one map)
                              Those n00bs who keep making votes for Karkand are annoying.
                              There's only so many times I can vote "NO" in one round.

Like I say "If you don't like this map, go find another map playin Karkand dumbass"

Comment

Karkand is a lot like El Alemin (sp?) in Desert Combat. Everyone loved it but couldn't really explain why. I say everyone as in the majority.
                                Even the DC devs asked us why we liked it so much so they could produce a map with equal appeal. I think Desert Sheild was the results.

I hated Karkand at first. That's because it was a 64 player server and I only had 15 minutes under my belt. Times have changed and I'm much better. I love that map at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X