No announcement yet.

How do people not get bored of Karkand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do people not get bored of Karkand?

Originally posted by phen0m
    I don't see how people can have Marathon sessions of gaming period. After an hr or so I need a 6 hr brake :/
    really, time permitted i could quite easily sit in front of a game all day and have done before. I would only get up to get somethig to eat and the toilet. Sadly these days a few and far between. Uni takes up most of my time.

Comment

its my fav map too. Lots of action and you dont have to drive or walk forever to get anywhere. Great map also to see what a good coherent squad can achieve, but of course that is also true for some other maps. The only thing I dont understand is that by now someone must have come up with a strategy/approach to win the map. It is funny to see how almost everyone focusses on that first MEC flag, for the points I assume

At least on these maps you can still get somewhere on foot when some selfish bastard drives away in the only vehicle and leaves you stranded.:cry:

I just prefer the urban maps, Karkand, Mashtuur and the Sharqi peninsula one.

Comment

Its just a fun map,it would be better if there wasnt any tanks in it

Comment

I don't care..I always play as a sniper...I don't go to the first flag...Always avoid them...But i like all the maps...everyone of them has a few good snipe spots

Comment

I guess I have been playing the dumb way. I am almost guaranteed to be forced on MEC via autobalance, and I end up sitting back at the rear flags that might be flanked. Not so many points that way, usually. But I play with round win/loss in mind instead of my own score. Once you get MEC pinned down to 1 or 2 flags, it gets real ugly. So thank me sometime

Maybe I will give in a bunnyhop across the map with the grenade launcher.

Comment

I like Karkand. Sometimes it does get old, but if your team (and you can't switch) is all retarted, it's time to go somewhere else.

Comment

Imagine the carnage if you were able to cruise the alleys in the Havoc

:evil:

Comment

I don't think you get as much points on karkand as some others tbh, I rack up way more points on Mashtuur and Sharqi.

But as others have mentioned:

The locality of the flags, some really close some a little further but all within 30s running/sprinting distance.
                  Severe lack of air power, no matter how much you like choppers and jets ... the majority dislike heavy air presence. Overpowered and pretty much unfair to 90% of the population on the server can do little to nothing about them.
                  Low trasnport/armour count, a total of 3 pieces of armour on 32p version of the map (THE best incarnation of Karkand imo) and 6 transport spread accross a fairly big map means that most of the fighting is done on foot.

Close quaters combat, now I know this is meant to be a 'battlefield' and be multi-vehicle combat but the majority of FPS players were brought up on pure face to face CQB be it quake, unreal tournement or Halflife/counterstrike and this is where most peoples experiance lies ... hense people like to keep to what they know, hense karkand is a natural progression. Think of it as a massive Counterstrike map

Combine all this and you have the no.1 map played in bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by bjack
                    I guess I have been playing the dumb way. I am almost guaranteed to be forced on MEC via autobalance, and I end up sitting back at the rear flags that might be flanked. Not so many points that way, usually. But I play with round win/loss in mind instead of my own score. Once you get MEC pinned down to 1 or 2 flags, it gets real ugly. So thank me sometime

I ALWAYS play MEC on karkand, defending is way more fun than attacking, I like c4'ing the roadways waiting on the armour to try and roll down, or watching the back alleys for those sneaks to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by bjack

you can get a lot more points on MEC on karkand than USMC especially if your a medic

Comment

Bottom line is Karkand = Medic and Ammo bag spamming nooobs.

Easy way to rack up points if you have no life. For those of us that play the game for fun, LIKE ME, i jump around in tanks, choppers, jets, boats, ETC. I enjoy the game for what its meant to be.

Unlike some of the Karkand noobs that simply play it day in and day out to simply rack up points. Spamming medic bags, and Ammo bags is simply pathetic. Hell most of the top guys are always Medic or Support noobs.

Real Pros Play ALL MAPS, and dont have 5000 hours on one map.:hmm:

Comment

1)You get alot of points playing that map
                          2)non-stop action
                          3)flags are just walking distance away
                          Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Only map with constant action. Only infantry map. Sure there are tanks but it's the only map that you can really run around on. Mashtuur is alright also but it's usually whored hardcore with armor and blackhawks. Sharqi is also another good one but again not as fast paced as Karkand.

Comment

Karkand is for point spamming noobs.:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Shabubu
                              Well yeah, but that doesnt mean it wouldnt get a bit boring after so many hours on the same map.
                              sure. that's why you play a round of dalian plant or whatever for a couple rounds and go back playing karkand.

also, you get like 30 kills and less than 5 deaths. why? too many medics! yay!!!!!

Originally posted by Slapidus
                              Its just a fun map,it would be better if there wasnt any tanks in it
                              and NO ARTY!

Comment

i play at a 24/7 all the time because i score high, i know all the spawns, and its easy to tank whore. Trust me im at 61,000 global score. I hate that map but i still play it all the time for the points.

Comment

Working...
                                X