Complete Unlocked Weapons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Unlocked Weapons Thread

I realize there are hundreds of posts all concerning 'which weapon should I unlock' I am going to try to eliminate the need for anymore of these threads. I want to make a comprehensive post with details of each weapon, but I need your help! Please send me information about the guns that you have unlocked and played extensively with and have a good knowledge of. Send this information to: bf2unlocks@gmail.com Do not PM me please!

I would like the following information;

-The pros and cons of the weapon itself (accuracy? damage? recoil? ammo situation?)

-The pros and cons of choosing the weapon (how does it compare with the other standard guns of the kit? is it worth unlocking?) {I don't just want "the L85 is worse than m16/ak101. I want to know when is it worse, when is it better, etc.}

-The pros and cons of the kit (You can heal yourself, unlimited ammo, not many people use the kit, etc.) {I realize to most this is fairly self explanatory but I want this to be comprehensive}

-Learning Curve and Tips (How long does it take to become proficient with the weapon? What are some strategies for becoming proficient?)

Again, please send this information to bf2unlocks@gmail.com and refrain from PMing me.

Once I gather enough information about each guns I will compile it and post it on the forums. If you disagree with any of the information I have posted feel free to email me and I will consider changing it. I will go with the majority opinion in most cases.

Thanks,
    Droog13

Re: Complete Unlocked Weapons Thread

-Sending you info on weapons now

Comment

Well uh, this was helpfull...

Comment

Originally posted by Duck12man.FU
        ....likewise

I changed the title of the thread as it was a bit misleading.

Everyone has their own opinion about each weapon. I do not want to make a thread that represents my personal view (bias) of each unlock, I want to create a thread where people can see the general opinions of each gun so that they may form their own opinion.

Comment

I made a thread about this very topic, and I asked Drunken Pirate (PM) if he would consider a sticky, but he never replied. Here is what the opening post of that thread was.....

"My list of all the unlocks" (Thread name)

I started to get bored with the same old gameplay, and the same old weapons, so I decided to uninstall my game so I could try out all the unlocks. From that, I compiled a list of the top unlocks in order. I hope this puts an end to all the "what unlock should I get" threads. Just so you know, I spent a lot of time with each weapon to really see what the pros and cons where for each gun. It wasnt just a quick tryout. Anyway, here you go:

7. DAO-12 (Anti-tank) Single Shot

The DAO is an extremely powerful weapon, but its reload time is a killer. Also, it is nearly impossible to kill anything more than 15 yards in front of you. You could rake up a ton of points on levels like Strike at Kirkand, but if you dont like close combat, stay FAR away from this one.

6. MK381 "The Jackhammer" (Engineer) Full Auto

Do you see a pattern here. On paper these shotguns should absolutely dominate, but on the battlefield, if you have to worry about pistols killing you from 30 yards away, that usually isn't a good thing. It seems like the Jackhammer does a little more damage than the DAO (because of the Full Auto), and it seems to have a MUCH quicker reload as well, but with only 7 shots a round, its still not enough to take on more than 2 soilders. You have a much better chance taking on multiple enemys with full auto rifles, rather than shotguns. But hey, if i was ranking the weapons in terms of fun factor, these would be my top 2.

5. M95 (Sniper) Bolt Action

This was my first unlock, and I racked up many hours with it. MANY hours. And I thought it was the cure for canser. It could shoot through heli and plane cockpit glass (no other weapon can), and its accuracy was pretty good. What more could you want. Well, I was playing a game on an unranked server, and the unlocks were turned off. So for the first time since I unlocked the M95, I had to use the M24. I never had a better round as a sniper. I got 28 kills and only 4 death. Then 23 kills to only 6 deaths. Its seems like the M95 is best used as a training rifle for the M24. I never had rounds like that with the M95. Its still a good unlock for when you are playing as a MEC or CHINA, but its no match for the M24.

4. L851A (Medic) Full Auto/Single Shot

The L8 was my second unlock, and like the M95, I loved it right out of the box. Also, there is no sweeter looking gun. It has great scope that can make the L8 a temperary sniper rifle. It also has full auto, but that leaves something to be desired. Its rather weak and inaccurate in full auto, but the single shot mode is one of the best in the game. The L8 is at its best in a long range fire fight in singleshot mode. One major downside is the fact that the L8 is actually a downgrade from the M16A2. But like with the M95, its a good unlock if you play a lot of MEC and CHINA.

3. PKM (Support) Full Auto

Its one of the best close combat weapons in the game, and its fairly accurate for a support weapon (in a prone position). Its the most powerful support gun, but it fires rather slowly. And its reload is very slow as well. But its not like your going to be reloading a lot of the time anyway. With the amount of close combat you will be engaging in, it will be hard to live long enough to see you first unload. But with everything added and subtracted, this still makes for a great gun, with the potental to take out whole squads.

2. G3 (Assault) Full Auto/Single Shot

This one took some getting use to, but it was definatly worth the wait. It has high damage and high accuracy capabilities. It is great for long range, and close combat. I ended up on the winning side of firefights more so than I would normally see. The only downside I see it the lack of a Grenade Launcher. Also, it is still not as good as the M16A2, which in my opinion is the second best weapon in the game (next to my #1 unlock). Still, its a great unlock, and definally worth a try.

1. G36C (Spec Ops) Full Auto/Single Shot

The best unlock and weapon in the game. It is absolutly great in long range, and has a definate upside in close combat. Its like a more powerful L85A1, with better accuracy in Full Auto mode. If you want to be a sniper, go ahead. If you want to be a sweeper, go ahead. It has everything you want in a gun, and some. And you get to play with C4 as well. After the next patch, when Spec Ops get points for destroying commanders assets, you can expect to see a ton of soilders running around with G36C's. It wont be a friendly battlefield anymore.

Questions? Comments?

STICKY?

If you want to read up more on the opinions of people after reading my list, click here to view the thread. I think my thread would make a much better "what weapon should I unlock next" thread repellant.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck12man.FU
            Lmao amen.

I could write the whole thing right now.

And I dont see how its your topic/idea/credit when people are just sending you the info anyway.

edit: post above the weapon discriptions in the game dont mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
              Lmao amen.

I could write the whole thing right now.

And I dont see how its your topic/idea/credit when people are just sending you the info anyway.

edit: post above the weapon discriptions in the game dont mean anything.
              Yeah, BFHQ is screwed up, they tell so many lies.

Comment

Well it would be nice to have a thread that we can send people to when they ask "what weapon should I unlock" Or is the PKM going to make me a better player....

Nice job St.Louis Sniper, I think it is a good start and if people would stop being so cynical around here, we could use this thread to try and help people and help ourselves by having a place to send all the questions that seem to come up.

*edit, maybe we should rename the thread "what should you unlock, you decide"

Comment

StLouis, if you ask for a sticky in the thread itself, chances are you won't get one,

I'm sending you over my unlocks info right now. Nice to see someone finally taking initiative to reduce OMG WTF I UNLOK?! threads.

~Salad

Comment

Thanks for the help Salad and Sniper.

Originally posted by Daz
                    Well right now theres not much to take credit for. I just had an idea and am compiling information. Once I get enough information on each weapon and make a post of it all, I will be giving credit to everyone who sent me some info.

Comment

Re: Complete Unlocked Weapons Thread (work in progress)

Originally posted by Droog13
                      I realize there are hundreds of posts all concerning 'which weapon should I unlock' I am going to try to eliminate the need for anymore of these threads. I want to make a comprehensive post with details of each weapon, but I need your help! Please send me information about the guns that you have unlocked and played extensively with and have a good knowledge of. Send this information to: bf2unlocks@gmail.com Do not PM me please!

I would like the following information;

-The pros and cons of the weapon itself (accuracy? damage? recoil? ammo situation?)

-The pros and cons of choosing the weapon (how does it compare with the other standard guns of the kit? is it worth unlocking?) {I don't just want "the L85 is worse than m16/ak101. I want to know when is it worse, when is it better, etc.}

-The pros and cons of the kit (You can heal yourself, unlimited ammo, not many people use the kit, etc.) {I realize to most this is fairly self explanatory but I want this to be comprehensive}

-Learning Curve and Tips (How long does it take to become proficient with the weapon? What are some strategies for becoming proficient?)

Again, please send this information to bf2unlocks@gmail.com and refrain from PMing me.

Once I gather enough information about each guns I will compile it and post it on the forums. If you disagree with any of the information I have posted feel free to email me and I will consider changing it. I will go with the majority opinion in most cases.

Thanks,
                      Droog13
                      Ok, i sent you the info on the G3 and G36C, i couldn't give a detailed description on the G36c because i didn't have time, my email is caoedward@yahoo.com. ANyways, i might as well give you the info on the G36C here:

It is basically a m4 with more accuracy and less recoil, without the red-dot. The low recoil let's you literally burst kill at long range, it's a great gun, great accuracy, extremely low recoil. Probably the most well rounded gun in the game.

Comment

I know this info is not what you ask for but....Actually, you can shoot thru a attack Heli cockpit with a L851A...It works for me

Comment

Is the M95 a one shot kill anywhere on an unarmored infantry?

Comment

I don't believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by tkak
                              Is the M95 a one shot kill anywhere on an unarmored infantry?
                              Not at all. Its two shots to the body, 3 shots to the limbs, and one shot in the head. Just like all the other snipers. Its very underpowered from its real life counterpart. The real M95 wont only kill in one shot, it will make a hole with a perimeter of about 8 inches. Ive seen it shot in person.

Comment

Working...
                              X