Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IYO: Which unlock makes the most difference to a class performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IYO: Which unlock makes the most difference to a class performance?

first of all the difference between weapons also vary depending on the "country" you play...

If you play usmc, then the M95 is actually a downgrade (in accuracy)
    If you play mec, the G3 isn't that good compared to the AK-101
    those are just examples

Now i have unlocked the PKM as my first weapon, and i have to say that it's an awesome gun that takes a week to get used to (perhaps more). You have to register the pattern of fire, and you then realise that this gun is more accurate than the others and much more powerful. The best map for it is Sharqi. At first i hated the gun, and how you get killshotted often (but that's true of any support gun), but now i have to say that...it's a great beast in good hands. It's not the best gun, but it definitely change your style (the g36c seems to be the best gun)

That said, the most class-changing unlock is, as stated above, definitely the AT. There is no way to qualify the ****tyness of the smg. In all situations that you get kills with the smg, the DAO would do better. Also, everyone ends up playing the AT at some point in the game, there are so much vehicle threats in bf2 that...you will need a way (less suicidal than C4) to fight tanks and more importantly APC's. So in my opinion, this unlock is never wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhyzhak
      If you play usmc, then the M95 is actually a downgrade (in accuracy)
      Well, you can't shoot thrue glass to kill someone with the m24.

Comment

pkm makes u a machine

Comment

Odd...I found the l85 to be great. I prefer long / mid range combat though since I primarly play defense, but even when playin offense the full auto of the l85 comes in handy compared to the crappy 3 burst of the m16. Whenever I switch back to the default gun as a medic I'm always cursing becuase I can't pick people off at long / medium range.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollister360
            pkm makes u a machine
            Indeed, it owns the **** out of ppl! :laugh:

Comment

I think DAO-12 is the greatest, cos smg is crappy, however I just LOVE my G36C. Way better then M4. With M4 i got owned in close combat against almost anything. G36C rox.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline_hun
                I think DAO-12 is the greatest, cos smg is crappy, however I just LOVE my G36C. Way better then M4. With M4 i got owned in close combat against almost anything. G36C rox.
                Yep, agree with everything ya said .

Comment

DAO is good fellas but if u dont have an L8 i'd say definitely go that first - its' "patient" accuracy makes it pretty much the most accurate gun in medium firefights and u can pull off BS sniper action. i chose it as my first unlock (now sargent) and i found that it in conjunction with the ability to heal yourself and revive others makes u a points machine. to put it simply it didnt take me long to get to my next unlock lol:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by dark-eye
                    for me the G3 is biggest change, big ass gun, big ass damage, hellufa range. you have 2 know how to handle it, but if you do...... well go figure
                    Amen. If it didnt unload faster than it reloaded though...

Comment

Definitely DAO-12. It's the only one that might make you play that kit if you didn't before.

Originally posted by dark-eye
                      for me the G3 is biggest change, big ass gun, big ass damage, hellufa range. you have 2 know how to handle it, but if you do...... well go figure
                      G3 is only a big improvement over the M16A2 (if you don't mind losing the GL). It is almost no improvement over AK47/AK101.

Comment

If you have a squad of ATs with the DAO unlock, the first line at Karkand is impenetrable

Comment

heres wut ive found out with the unlocks, since my last rounds have been like this(below) & i played all of them on the rounds, ranked

round 1: 126points
                          2: 98
                          3: 94
                          4: 82

im not bragging im just saying using unlocks can really burst your score. I picked up the G3 & got 6 kills in less than 20 seconds, that gun is very powerfull. Never got a chance to use the PKM, hardly anyone has it. ill just list wut i got(these are wut i got before i died)

G3: 6kills
                          L85: 2kills
                          M95: about 4-5kills before (i have it)
                          G36: killed more by standard Spec ops, not a very good gun(i have it)

thats wut i got on em so far

Comment

PKM rocks I am allways in the top 3 with this thing.... you just have to learn where to place yourself and how to use this pig. Biggest thing with support is placment of yourself.... you aren't an assault. You are support so place yourself in a place to cover other squad members. Likely avenues of advance by the enemy while you are capping a flag or something.

Comment

I unlocked the DAO on my experimental account and man what a waste. Sure it's powerful when you get up close but I'm usually dead before we get close enough for me to shoot them.

Comment

Download this file: http://snipurl.com/hxso
                                Extract to mods folder.
                                Go to folder it created and run "install"

Run the new mod in single player and try the unlockable weapons whenever and under whatever circumstances you want.

I did and it really helped the decision making process.

Comment

Working...
                                X