Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IYO: Which unlock makes the most difference to a class performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IYO: Which unlock makes the most difference to a class performance?

Probably old news but im interested for my sergeant unlock. cheers

Re: IYO: Which unlock makes the most difference to a class performance?

DAO-12 makes the biggest difference to any class. Big improvement over that crappy SMG.

Comment

IMO its got to be the Spec Ops unlock

Comment

PKM any good?????? Does it improve support combat effectiveness?

Comment

I say DAO as well, I use pistol for medium range anyways.

Comment

I unlocked PKM but I hate the slow ROF so i use the SAW when im USMC but the PKM is still good. G36c is cool it was my first unlock I killed a lot of men with it

Comment

well lets see, L8 none really just alternative to ak101 with little more accuracy less power etc, jackhammer is an auto shotty over pump no biggy, pkm is less ROF and more power and accuracy so it does help considrably, g36c is bout same as m4 with little better stats and overall is just another minor upgrade, dao makes an insane improvment over the smgs or w/e they are and this is most likely the biggest upgrade even though I never play AT, m95 is a downgrade, and g3 is about the same due to clip size lose.

Comment

Hmm, i have to think about this, just joking, i rate from from my scale of minimum, little, fair, good, and maximum difference from original weapons performance. here goes:

Support (PKM): It does make quite a bit of difference, because it makes u have to change yur gameplay style a bit, i rate it good amount of difference, but only if you use it right.

Sniper (m95): Doesn't make much difference nor improvement, the power, bolt action, and mag capacity of the M24, the ability to puncture body armor and armored glass, and the accuracy of the SVD. I rate it little difference.

Engineer: Doesn't make much difference either, to put it simply, a full auto Saiga, doing 1 more damage per pellet (8 more damage total, enough for if all the pellets were to hit the chest, they would die, the Saiga can't do that). But the Jackhammer has too much recoil, and full auto ain't much different from quickly tapped semi. I give it minimum difference.

Medic: It is quite an interesting unlock, it has less actual accuracy than the M16, but is able to compensate for that with full auto (that is ruined with recoil) and the actual zoom in scope. It means u have to change ur style of play, never go as a front line medic with this thang, always stay behind if possible and do semi, just stay behind your squad picking off farther enemies. I give this a fair rating of difference.

Assault: Ok, if you absolutely love the GL, then you can see where this is goin, but if you love regular nades and assault class, this is the way to go. It gives you a bit of an advantage on Karkand, it is the onl assault rifle that can kill with 4 shots to an armored (body armor) chest, the AK101 has to do 5 shots to the chest. Minimal differnece, but it's true. Anyways, it has only 20 rounds per mag, and only 4 extra mags, if you are insanely triggerhappy, you will die in like 3 seconds, try to use semi auto when at med-long distance, and full auto when travelin the streets of Karkand where there's always a guy around the corner. I give this a fair rating of difference as well.

Spec Ops: The G36C is basically a M4, with less minimum deviation and recoil, without the red-dot though. I personally love this wep, you can literally burst at long distance shooting because of low recoil. It's a great, solid upgrade from the other spec Ops weapons. I give it a fair rating becuase, it is a great weapon, but only improves little on the basic M4 carbine.

AT: THis is by far the most difference, the SMGs suck ass at anything more than short range, so i use the pistol for medium range and rockets for long range anyways. THe DAO-12 shotty is extremely good in close quarters, it has more ammo than the Jackhammer, and less recoil. THe only problem is it takes like 1 whole minute to reload, that's way too long in the heat of batle, just reload whenever possible, cause you're not losing a mag like some other weapons, becuase you load one buckshot thingy at a time. I give this the maximum rating, although i like the G36C better, the DAO definetly ups the AT class by a LOT, especially on maps like Karkand.

Comment

The DAO is much better then the smg. Does anyone know any top player with the fav gun as a smg?

Comment

DAO-12. Period.
                    If you want to cut the reload switch to another weapon then back to the DAO. The reaload will be interrupted but the ammo you loaded so far remains in the gun.

Comment

I picked the DAO-12 too, I'm happy with it.

Comment

DAO is the answer.

Comment

Well, that settles it then. I'm going to get the DAO when I become seargent.

Comment

If Eddy is right, I couldn't have made worse choices for my upgrades.

Comment

Support (PKM): It does make quite a bit of difference, because it makes u have to change yur gameplay style a bit, i rate it good amount of difference, but only if you use it right
                              I was wandering how does the PKM changes your style of play, I just recently unlocked the PKM and I did not play supply a lot before.

Comment

Working...
                              X