Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield M203

Originally posted by Leviathan
    Yeah. I think people who use M203's as a primary weapon must think they are good, but everybody knows it takes no skill to use the launcher.
    It does take skill to shoot the m203, but you hyave to be more than 2m away for it to take skill. Ever tried to hit a guy that was 60-100m away? Its really easy to either overshoot or undershoot.

The problem i have with the m203 is that it is used more like a shotgun than a GL. People will run around, jump and shoot at someones feet 2m away. If you shoot an explosive weapon that close, you should not be able to walk away from it unharmed. People that shoot it at some range I have great respect for because it takes some practice and skill to shoot acurately at a good size distance. Anyways, thats my fealings on it.

Comment

Get the DAO-12, and stay in the narrow alleys. Get them when they pop around a corner with their noobtube. I love it when they are reloading their tube (most of them suck that bad that they can't even switch back to bullet mode in time) just pump 3-4kg of led into their bodies within half a second. That will keep them from hopping around. Make sure you always attack them and get as close as possible when using the DAO.
      I've had the experience that a lot of players tend to overreact, or miss if you charge them directly while blasting away
      Boontubers seem to miss very often. Never stand still, because a M203 needs some time to align it's shot. Always keep your back covered.
      Another option to counter M203-only players is to hop into a tank/apc, then go put some bullets in their backs. It's a very relaxing type of game, when all counter forces use tubes, and no enemy AT's are around. Then, when they finally spawn with AT class to come back at you, get out of the tank and show them which gun is more effective, the PP-19 or the DAO-12
      Love the DAO. I have it since 2 Days, and playing AT has become a whole new meaning to me. I am now also an Infantrieschreck, and still dangerous when out of AT-Rockets. Previous to unlocking the DAO, when I ran out of AT-Rockets I knew that I was screwed against any type of infantry.
      It's also so funny when some CQB SpecOps tries to counter my DAO with his G36 in an alley... :guns:

Comment

The problem with this game is that you actually have to cap flags in order to win. Yeah I know it's a big newsflash but there it is. The problem with taking a flag is that most flags have a small capping radius. So while you are in the flag area you have to remain fairly static. You can bet your sweet a$$ that while you are doing this on Karkand some noob tuber comes hopping along like Kermit the frog. Now if you are a medic for example this game is designed so that you can't hit the broadside of a barn unless you stand/crouch/prone. Which makes you an easy target for Kermit.

There are several easy methods to end the ways of Kermit. Bigger splash damage, a minimum range for activation, no firing while in the air, crap accuracy when jumping or moving. I read that the DICE employees visit public forums so one can only hope that they pay attention. BTW I noticed in one of the Special Forces screenshots that one of the soldiers was carrying an AK101 with the GP30... SHEESH!!!

Comment

Word of advice, stay away from the streets at Karkland...

Comment

This is like whining about not being able to oppose a tank with sandbuggys weapons.

Of course assault should beat other classes in firepower against infantry as he is the one who should be "going in" first. I'd like to increase that blast radius as you should end up as dead as your enemy if you fire that grenade only few meters away.

What comes to claiming that firing rifle grenades doesn't take skill, c'mon guys. If you can fire it effectively up to 100 meters, why not to use it? I bet most of you whiners can't even hit enemy soldier 20 meters away with that weapon.

Comment

noone said that killing someone with a m203 from 100+m is lame ... but killing someone at a 2 feet distance certainly is

Comment

I've been playing BF2 since release, last night I had my first go with the assault weapon and m203 nade launcher and to be fair I killed ****e loads. So there I can see the reason so many people are using at.

I didn't enjoy it as much as with my usual weapons, felt very cheap and easy but very easy to come top 3 with it. I wouldn't personally rate anyone that uses it because it decreases your skill level not increases it.

Comment

I think they should rename these forums to TotalBf2chfest

Comment

I was watching this one guy yesterday... He would launch a grenade at some enemies, hide to reload, and repeat the cycle. I just stood there and shook my head, as the people he was shooting at were within 100 meters, and spaced out. When I see someone do something like that, it makes me think they have no confidence in their rifle skills (if any) whatsoever. I'm not whining, just shaking my head in disbelief. He was killed easily and we moved on. I'm sure if he didn't have the cover he did, he would have added spastic bunny hopping to the mix.

Comment

Simple solution -- implement a 2 second delay like they did in Forgotten Hope.

No more noob tube and the weapon actually started getting used for what it was intended.

Comment

its the people who miss you with the 203 then hop around while they reload instead of taken out a gun errrrrrrr

Comment

I dont' even get killed by the M203 all that often. But I agree, it annoys the hell out of me when I come around a corner, the guy jumps, shoots a grenade right next to himself and doesn't die.

Other than that i think it is a perfectly acceptible weapon that gives the Assault class the edge in 1 on 1 mid range fighting that it deserves.

Comment

Best fix would just be splash damage that can hurt the firer, just like in Rl. The fragmentation rounds IRL have a minimum safe range of 31meters launched and the arming range is 15meters. So if they just made it behave like the weapon does IRL, it would give the game weapon plenty of balance, in my opinion.
                            It is kinda of gay that it is used like a zero self-damage rocket in quake.
                            I spent a year carrying the 203 as a TL/grenadier and it's honestly not that great. I mostly used it for smoke.

If they ever implement more weapons/rewards, they could give assaults the option to use some of the various rounds available for it. There is actually a buckshot round for it that I know would annoy everybody who hates how the 203 is used even now in Bf2.

I might have played assault for 5 minutes of gametime in BF2. I play primarly as medic or engineer while comming.

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                              I was watching this one guy yesterday... He would launch a grenade at some enemies, hide to reload, and repeat the cycle. I just stood there and shook my head, as the people he was shooting at were within 100 meters, and spaced out. When I see someone do something like that, it makes me think they have no confidence in their rifle skills (if any) whatsoever. I'm not whining, just shaking my head in disbelief. He was killed easily and we moved on. I'm sure if he didn't have the cover he did, he would have added spastic bunny hopping to the mix.
                              LOL, so u wanted him to try to put 2-3 3round bursts into each one at range, and only hope after hitting someone once that they didn't realize where he was at ?? Its a one shot freaking kill, and at range its a great weapon. I have great confidence in my rifle skills - but I also have a great deal of common sense. Common sense says if you can take out 4-5 guys right off the bat with 1 pull of the trigger for each, you do it.

I was flying the MI28 on clean sweep yesterday, and my gunner (in TS with me) was tearing it up. The USMC gets the base to the south, and comes running for our flag to keep the helo from spawning. They got the flag, I respawned assault at the nearest base and went in. The base was crawling with them, and since I was flying, my score was soemthing like 17 15 1 4 - only 1 kill, but the gunner had racked up 15.

I charged the base, worked the buildings, used all my gp30 ammo 1st, then switched to the AK's bullets. Got 7 guys the 1st run, 8 the 2nd, and 3 more on the 3rd run when we finally got the flag. My point is, in order to take on large amounts of enemies, the nade launcher is a valuable tool - I was able to take out several guys with 1 shot kills before I had to worry about engaging them with the rifle. Running in there shooting only gives away your postion to people that you don't instantly kill -- and decreases your chances of getting anything done...

Its not about being noob, its about survival....

Please, make sure to start a thread whining about the pistol when someone pwns you with it. ffs, play the game and quit the complaining...there's a way around damn near everything...

Comment

You don’t like the grenade launcher because you get killed easily by it. I too hated it when I first started, and was ****ed off. But there are tactics to avoid them

1 - CQC – Your going to lose if you don’t have one too
                                2 - Narrow pathways – Try to avoid them, you’re an easy target in there and the enemy needs only to look in 2 directions, ahead / behind
                                3 – Wait for reload – If they are not too bright, they will reload and try to fire a second grenade at you, run in and take your kill. A “noob toober” with skill will switch to his rifle RIGHT AFTER he uses the grenade launcher
                                4 – Don’t stay close to other players – This will make you the prime target for the enemy grenade launcher. I was playing the other day and 5, yes 5 guys where all next to a flag within a sandbag enclosure, 1 M203 to take out 3 guys and damage the 2 others, then the assault weapon to finish them off and take back flag. Had the spread out, I would have been toast.

Now . . . I hate snipers , dam them for shooting me from afar, I mean, that is not war, that is lame… I want all of my fights to be with equal weapons and with both of us starting at the same time, and we can both see each other when we start…….oh, and no other enemies around, and a supply crate nearby …… waaah waaah waaah

This is war FFS, quit bitchin, shut yer cake-hole, and start fightin like real men. Life isn’t fair, and neither is war, you live, and you die.

Yes, I.m cranky today!

Comment

Working...
                                X