Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield M203

<rant>

Seriously, Battlefield 2 has the wrong title. Battlefield M203 seems more appropriate to describe what it's like to play against the USMC.

Sometimes I wonder whether people use the M203 launcher more than the damn gun!

</rant>

Re: Battlefield M203

M203 whoring is one of many whoring features in Battlefield 2.

Comment

I only started playing this online Monday thanks to my new internet conection, I was having a great time until the server I was on got to Karkand, then suddenly I see what the big deal is all about. : /

Comment

Yep, except just change it to Battlefield Noobs, or Battlefield Nooblauncher, or Battlefield Noobtube etc, just because a ton more people play assault on MEC, because on maps likeKarkand, burst fire isn't good for much.

Comment

Which is why each kill I see with the G3 makes me that much prouder for the BF2 community.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I have no problem with using the 203, or playing against it. The M4/203 is my favorite weapon in most shooters I play. The only bad thing I can find about the BF2 203 is that the splash is too little, and the splash does not kill the person who fires it at thier own feet in CQC. Otherwise, the 203 is hardlyy the worst feature of this game. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
              Which is why each kill I see with the G3 makes me that much prouder for the BF2 community.

~Wolfgang
              Yep, precisely, on one of my two accounts, my most used weapon is the assault rifle, and the most used class is assault. Now, since i barely used assault at all before lance, i was just using medic, i can conncur that at least 50% of my assault rifle kills were with teh G3. I wub my G3. It's so fun to use, i love that sound that it produces, it scares opponents away, and it's so fun to kill enemy assaults with my G3.

Comment

my favorite baby is my DAO......

Comment

Yeah, I'd say about 75% of my AR kills are with the G3, and the rest are when I play medic, or happen to grab a dropped AR kit as an emergency. I still like the AKs and the M16, but I can't get enough of the G3. Just don't have a lot of opportunities to use it because I'm usually up against a vehicle, but I use it whenever I get the chance.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I reckon that in the next patch, DICE should add "akimbo M203 launchers", one in each hand, that can be operated independently from a gun, with auto-loading ammo.

Battlefield Duke-Nukem (or something).

Comment

they should drop the number of m203 nades u have

Comment

I've been waiting for someone to post this for so long, I can't believe you're the first one to bring up this issue!

I love the "noob tube" myself, but seriously, you have to give SOME advantage to the assault class besides that pos smoke grenade. though I would love to see splash damage increased so I can get more distance kills and getting that guy around the corner or on top of the building the small splash damage cuts both ways

Comment

But the MEC and PLA have equally as powerful grenade launchers...

the GP25 and whatever the Chinese have.

M203??

Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by PrayingHands
                            I have no problem with using the 203, or playing against it. The M4/203 is my favorite weapon in most shooters I play. The only bad thing I can find about the BF2 203 is that the splash is too little, and the splash does not kill the person who fires it at thier own feet in CQC. Otherwise, the 203 is hardlyy the worst feature of this game. lol
                            I agree! The thing needs more splash damage, especially for the person firing it. We had a kit with a grenade launcher on some maps in BF Vietnam, and it was great. You don't point it at your feet and you don't point it at a wall very close to you, or you will die.

It had one problem though, it was not really a seperate weapon, and it fired with rightmouseclick, normally used for zoom. This took some time to get used to

Comment

If you guys didn't continually WHORE the urban maps you would not give a rats ass about the grenade launcher. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X