Where's my fellow noob toobers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's my fellow noob toobers?

Hey pals .. don't let all the complaining get to you. It actually is a weapon that takes skill at med-long ranges.

There is nothing better than popping someone 60m away when you are on the third floor of a building and they are running the opposite direction. The only think better is bringing down a BH with your GL as they are trying to whore the flag.

Another great trick is to harrass a tank with your GL while your teammate plants C4 on him.

I was wondering what your accuracy was with this weapon? I was pretty shocked to see mine in the constant 65% range.

Re: Where's my fellow noob toobers?

I don't mind the complaints at the guys that run around corners and bunny hop / blast ur feet, killing u and not them...

But one thing, if I'm using the m203/gp-30, its usually OUT, so if I come around a corner, yes, I'm going to jump and blast one at your feet. But I use it for long range targets more than anything.

Nothings more fun than launching them over the dry river bed in Mashtur City and drilling snipers from 100 yards +

Comment

Don't mind being noob tubed whilst in a vehicle but when at point blank range and they use the launcher that is PATHETIC!

Comment

Originally posted by pentium
        Don't mind being noob tubed whilst in a vehicle but when at point blank range and they use the launcher that is PATHETIC!

Yes it happens all the time and its sad they have to hop in point blank range and nade you.. It shows the lack of skills these noob tubers have

Comment

The M203 is tops for taking out small vehicles and chopper whores, and it takes real skill to use it at range. Yes, it can be used as a kind of half-assed shotgun on close range maps, but what the hell, it's great fun. I use it all the time, thats what it's there for. If the army could invent a small weapon that could kill all baddies on a map with no aiming then I'm pretty sure they'd use it, not make it harder just to please whiners.

Comment

im a noob toober and proud of it, you'd be surpised how much noob toobing goes on in clan matches.

Comment

Heck I don't mind if they use these noob tubes to do that but if they shot a launcher in my face at point blank range wouldn't they die also? Kenny, I am sure they would use it but killing your enemy and at the same time yourself will be a little middle eastern wouldn't it now?

Comment

The only problem about the granadelauncher in this game is that people will not know what hit them. I don't even hear an explosion when someone hits me with a GP-30. Hope they fix this with future patches.
                I hate being killed by it, but hey it's the game. I am learning to deal with it, and try to use appropriate cover and concealment when engaging an assault class.
                There has been many times where I was also able to jump over a granade explosion, and only got damaged to a certain extent but still alive.
                Can't blame a soldier that pops out behind a corner and noobtubes me point-blank. I'd try to do the same thing with the SRAW/Eryx before trying to swith to primary weapon and DIE pitiful.

Comment

yeah i think it is definitely harder at medium long range..i tend to overshoot at times. PB of course its a lot easier and when it happens to me it doesn't bother me...its the assault class and thats their thing.

Comment

simple solution, like in real life

have an activation time, or range. A range would make more sense, so to aviod long range shots that would bounce. It would be funny as hell to see some noob tuber fire at your feet, then stand there wondering what happened.

Comment

Activation range on the nade launcher is what should be added. Gets pretty lame when you got ur dao-12 out and some noob comes around the corner with their own hand made shotgun.

Comment

All dice have to do is, give the weapon a minimum range...
                        If you fire it, and it hits something TOO quickly... it is not armed, and thus, will not "go off"...

Lets say a 10m minimum or maybe 15m or 20m... whatever they choose...
                        but shooting at the ground 3m in front of you, and not dieing is really silly...

And even worse... its VERY QUAKE / DOOM like... very sad...

Comment

^ha beat you two!

Comment

It's there to be used so use it. No one is stopping anyone from using it. The amount of times i've come around a corner to see some hopping F***** blasting off nades is one to many so I could really care less. I run around with that thing ALL the time and If I don't manage to get them with that....there so busy jumping around like a P**** I can just pop off a few shots and finish them off.

Comment

The only time I have a problem with the ubgl is when it is in the hands of a bunny-hopping idiot. Point-blank? Yeah, I think they should die too, but they don't, so I'll just turn around and plug them with a grenade first (actually, I am quite guilty of preferring the m203 close-in when compared to the m16. If I'm 1-on-1 it means I have a pretty good chance of killing an AK user (the whole 'fire two bursts at his neck' thing never seems to get me anywhere unless I stand still and sight in... at which point he has had plenty of time to kill me) and if I'm 1-on-many it means I at least have a chance at killing someone... though also I don't think having a big blast radius would change the way I use it, I rarely let people get right up next to me because then I really am done for). Of course, I also think that people who plant AT rockets at their feet to kill me should also blow up (especially as that weapon is pretty easy to plug an infantry with long-range) but at least they can't jump-n-shoot *quite* as easily.

Really, even as is the grenade launchers are okay... its the ability to shoot while jumping around like an idiot that makes it a real n00b weapon, otherwise there's plenty of guns that can kill you in about the same time it takes you to fire your grenade, even point-blank (takes what, 3 AK hits to down an assault? That spits out pretty quickly and up close it won't miss much, so its back down to 'who is twitchier' pretty quickly).

Comment

Working...
                              X