Voice Acting in BF2: Good or cheesy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Acting in BF2: Good or cheesy?

Anyone else think the voice acting in BF2 is a little lacking? I only know English, so I can't really speak for the PLA or MEC, but the USMC soldiers don't really sound like they're in a battle. Downed soldiers calmly say "Medic" and sound like they have a papercut instead of a bullet wound (of course the instant you kill one, that medic sound isn't all that bad given the situation), when someone tosses a frag grenade, it sounds like they're giving a documentary on it, not warning everyone around them to stay the heck away or loose a limb.

Re: Voice Acting in BF2: Good or cheesy?

I find it funny when the UMC say 'Hostile jet spotted, over' and 'Enemy boat spotted'

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
      Anyone else think the voice acting in BF2 is a little lacking? I only know English, so I can't really speak for the PLA or MEC, but the USMC soldiers don't really sound like they're in a battle. Downed soldiers calmly say "Medic" and sound like they have a papercut instead of a bullet wound (of course the instant you kill one, that medic sound isn't all that bad given the situation), when someone tosses a frag grenade, it sounds like they're giving a documentary on it, not warning everyone around them to stay the heck away or loose a limb.
      Totaly agree, the voices are lame.. The US commander voice just makes me laugh, so low budget it's just unbelievable.

Comment

I just use the american voices and they sound find to me. The china and mec voices get very annoying...

Comment

Originally posted by WrAth2110
          I just use the american voices and they sound find to me. The china and mec voices get very annoying...
          The US voices sound like some guy is just sitting there with 50 phrases and reading them off like he was reading a book.. "frag out" "medic" "grenade" there is just no emotion in there.

Comment

If they sounded like they were in the heat of battle it would sound stupid when you are sitting on a hill just spotting things without fear at all. Imagine if, in that situation, they were screamed frantically "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED!!!!!"

I think they are just fine and fit the game really well.

Comment

there fine, nothing wrong with em, i mean mayb with the medic one there shuold be some blood curdling scream, but you know w/e.

Comment

Is there anyway to change what the people say? For example, if you recorded your own sound file, and named it the same as a file found in the BF2 folder, and moved the original, would your new recording work?

Instead of yelling medic, downed people could scream "Mommy" or "Son of a B****"

Instead of saying "Hostile jet spotted, over." It could say "Jelly Doughnut spotted, over"

I think it would be funny.

Comment

The commander voice sounds like the commander in the movie BHD. But I agree, the voices suck after hearing them for 150 hours of playing.

Comment

I don't know if its from the years of smokin...but does the MEC chick sound like she says "Bust a Hymen"?

Comment

The Chinese medic sounds like hes saying Timmay when he drops Med packs.

Comment

They probably didnt want some blood curdling scream when people died, to keep the teen rating. lol.

Comment

Absolutely. Some of the US phrases sound like Gomer Pyle, and the commander lacks tonal inflection and is generally lifeless. Even, "Hit this position!" sounds like he's getting a backrub, or REALLY stoned on weed instead of running a meat grinder.

Comment

Who says, "I'm bingo on ammo?" Never heard that one before, lol.

Comment

sounds ok to me,i change it where its american voice's on any team cuz the mec and china voice where getting on my nerves lol

Comment

Working...
                              X