Tank & APC Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank & APC Crew

It should be set so that tanks and APCs need a full crew to drive them, not having the driver run the turret as well. I know having a loader wouldn't be fun for anyone stuck with it, but at least having the gunner or commander sperate from the driver would be nice.

The crew would have voice com and the commander would have com with other leaders. Using a HUD with a compass would easily let the commander to tell the driver were to go.

Re: Tank & APC Crew

you do realise this would give tanks and apcs twice the field of vision?

Comment

They should have full view. I would love to see the British Challenger 2 on BF2.

BTW, the driver would only be able to see straight ahead. He would need the commander to tell him where to go.

Comment

challenger would just own the battlefield the 2nd heaviest tank in the world and it wouldnt even move if it got hit with a shell lol i want it......

Comment

It's a kick ass tank.

Comment

No it wouldn't be fun at all. Try playing Silent Heroes for BF42.. It's cool in theory but it never worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
              No it wouldn't be fun at all. Try playing Silent Heroes for BF42.. It's cool in theory but it never worked out.

What wouldn't be fun?

Comment

i like that idea...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBannon
                  What wouldn't be fun?
                  The idea of two people to operate a tank or APC. It has been done in a Mod and obviuosly wasn't very successful

Comment

Originally posted by A$$a$$ination
                    The idea of two people to operate a tank or APC. It has been done in a Mod and obviuosly wasn't very successful.

If the U.S. Army can make it work, then anyone else can. If you can't, then that's really sad.

I haven't seen the mod, but with my experience with tanks, an HUD with a compass would make it super easy. Both the driver and the commander would use the compass as a directional reference.

Comment

Say one guy jumps out, then everyone else is screwed. Stupid idea if you ask me.

Comment

that would be good if they all got even points

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Gooch
                          Say one guy jumps out, then everyone else is screwed. Stupid idea if you ask me.

If a guy jumps out, then other can drive the tank out of there and find someone that wont jump out. If the tank is damaged, then they should both get out.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBannon
                            If the U.S. Army can make it work, then anyone else can. If you can't, then that's really sad.
                            So because real tanks, require more than one person to operate the driving and gunning, it should work ingame? LOL here's your clue back as you appear to have lost yours.

Comment

it would be more realistic but as DICE say and i qoute "with Realism brings Complexity" but I guess they should have like a test run of this idea so they can see what people think of it

Comment

Working...
                              X