BF2 getting boring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 getting boring?

Is it just me? The fun is somehow draining away. When you play on a server you dont feel anything anymore. Fighting is only desided by who got the right kit, or who get to tank or copter. There are no "inning feelings" that keeps you playing. No more, "HA I DROPPPED A SEAHAWK FROM THE SKY WOOHOO". There are two reason for this.

#1. The ranking sytem. It keeps pushing you to play, yelling behind your back that if you dont play you wont get better, people will always look down at you. People can say that it doesnt matter, points are for losers and stuff, but it doesnt make the ranking system less imitading. If someone says something here, hes amount of professionality will be judged by his K\D ratio or point value. Its something that will be always true.

#2. Slow pace. Everyone plays Karkand because of this. You dont have to find the enemy, there is ones all around you. But in map like Dalian Plant, the openness makes it hard to find anyone, and if you happen to meet someone, hes much likely in a tank and you get killed. For walking around for 5 minutes you get a death.How fffffaschinating.

#3. Separeidness. You are lucky if you have more than 3 people around you when you are not near flag. Everyone is in small drops around the map. There is no way you could fight together.

I think Im going for a walk in a park. Has always worked for me. Yet still these things haunts us all. Some may not care, but hey, thats the way life goes.

For some this is common whining, to me its bleeding my thoughts.

Re: BF2 getting boring?

I agree with you, man. But the solution is sipmple. Join a tournament. Suddenly, the game shifts to defensive, where specific squads are ordered to attack. You can spend 15 minutes defending a flag, heart pounding, waiting for an attack you KNOW is coming, or if order to do so, charge an enemy flag right after the arty hit and a jet cleaned up. Otherwise, this game has no future on public servers.

*edit* Reccomended tournament in sig.

Comment

Well, my clan is pretty fresh, so we dont really know many tournaments. And those tournaments arent always on.

Comment

BF2 is getting a little boring for me. That is why I am on an extended break from the game. I haven't played the game in almost two weeks.

Comment

BF2 mainly gets boring for me if I play 'lone wolf' for too long, once you find a decent squad the game suddenly becomes much better again.

Comment

Originally posted by youseeme
            BF2 mainly gets boring for me if I play 'lone wolf' for too long, once you find a decent squad the game suddenly becomes much better again.
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by youseeme
              Yeah, I'd agree with that. Lone wolfing or being in a crappy squad makes the game just plain, but being with a good squad that's moving over the map and accomplishing objectives while watching each other's back makes the game ten times better.

As for getting boring, well, I don't play the game as hardcore as I did at first, but that doesn't mean it's getting boring to me. I usually only play 1-2 hours a day now, although more on weekends or if some of my mates are playing, so it still keeps the game fun without me getting burned out. Plus I make sure to play on servers that rotate through the maps so I spend a fairly equal amount of time on every map, save the godawful Clean Sweep, so it's a good variety and I don't get stuck in a Karkand rut. Doing the same thing on the same map over and over again would get extremely boring IMO. But there are so many different kits to play with and so many different roles to fill that one simple change in your routine here or there will make it seem like you're playing a whole new game.

Having said that one of these days I will try to play support!

~Wolfgang

Comment

Yep, I do get a little bored going in circles capturing flag points.
                They really need to add CTF in the 1.03 patch!

Comment

My friend runs a teamspeak server so whenever I play I log on and see if any of my friends are playing. If so, I join the game with them, form a squad and have tons of fun. If not, I usually get bored rather quickly.

The moral of this story? This game is designed around teamwork. Playing alone or with non-communicative squads or squads that have NO teamwork IS boring, if you ask me. The fun is in working together to accomplish goals. I imagine that being in a good clan is a lot of fun.

Comment

After you play a game too much, it always gets a bit tedious. Stop playing for stats and just get them as you go along...

Comment

Originally posted by blankoboy
                      Yep, I do get a little bored going in circles capturing flag points.
                      They really need to add CTF in the 1.03 patch!
                      agreed, it would add a lot to the game if there were a few more game modes.

Comment

Great analysis. To fight the doldrums of BF2, I split my time between this, CS:S, and Command and Conquer: Generals.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
                          Having said that one of these days I will try to play support!
                          ~Wolfgang
                          give it a go mate, nothing better than laying down shed loads of cover fire while your squad advances up the street
                          (Apart from the slightly bad accuracy )

Comment

Yeah, it's getting really repetitive now. No different modes or anything leaves the standard maps a bit boring after a while. Still, when you get a good squad it's better, but noone communicates anymore. I'm having a break until 1.3.

Comment

there are always new mods coming out for u to check out and play, and cal leagues, or ladders, tournament is fun and excieting, try it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X