Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How come our BF2 Doesnt look like this

Originally posted by MarkHawk
    I recall an article on that orginal consol being left in the retail game along with coding for a new game mode we all knew as frontline or supply route. Search it in google. It was a very interesting article.
    Lots of stuff is lying around in the code. Those cars...half done in the code. Never finished. I still never did figure out exactly why DICE dropped the technical vehicles...they claimed that it didn't add to gameplay, but I really don't buy that one. I think it was probably a release schedule issue.

Binoculars and laser designator were dropped because DICE claimed that it didn't work well in testing. I have no idea why that might have been...the system DICE went with in the final version is not much different than a designated target.

And enough people complain about the Blackhawk as it is...I wouldn't even want to hear the screaming if DICE had chosen to fit rocket pods on the thing.

Comment

yeah dude, for sure...tha'd be awesome ****, if a mod team remade the game with all that stuff...it would be like DC to 1942........

Comment

Originally posted by Al3x
        wow that char selection screen looks amazing *drools*

Im going to have dreams about a perfectly bf2 today. Yes its geeky but oh well.
        you just had to quote me dident you lol

Comment

Why did they do this? Look at the menu system, its freakin' awsome. Now htey changed it so it would suck ? WHY? The graphics dont look so fps hungry they can run it why wouldnt ours ? I want an interview to ask them why did they do this?

Comment

How about this, if they made the game look like that not alot of pepole would be playing becuase you need a good computer to play that one that would cost you more then $2500+. me personilie i spent $1900 to get the new dell xps g5 with a $700 graphic card. just to play this game

Comment

Originally posted by harout01
              How about this, if they made the game look like that not alot of pepole would be playing becuase you need a good computer to play that one that would cost you more then $2500+. me personilie i spent $1900 to get the new dell xps g5 with a $700 graphic card. just to play this game
              Holycrap, I will never spend 700 on a videocard ever, i would rather spend my money on better things then a computer. But like ya al i need to play bf2 is a 6800gt and im good to go. My comp cost me like 1200 with everything (homemade). The things that you see in the video will NOT change how much the game chugs at the PC, the things we are looking at are the little thigns that they took out that we wish where still in the game.

Comment

ENOUGH WITH THIS BS ABOUT COMPS NOT RUNNIN IT!..........ugh...there would be options....main thing that makes this look good is better bump mapping....another big difference is skins and geometry of things, physics.. break points in things...there would always be options to turn **** down..... *sigh*....ya know what, im not even in the mood to explain this **** to a retard like you...for the people who understand.....yeah....

Comment

twas talkin about #50 this time.... lol..

Comment

thats the video i saw at game stop, i almost drolled stearing at it, i think it was about 2-3months before it had a realse date

Comment

Originally posted by storlied
                      twas talkin about #50 this time.... lol..
                      lol
                      :rofl::salute: :rofl:

Comment

i cant get to the page but if it is what i think it is (the first official teaser trailer) the explosions at the end are edited/faked. and since this was an eariler build the engine may have been very different from what it is now and thats why the textures look better

edit - its not the official teaser trailer but yeh some of those things are good. im sure they took them out for good reasons because for all we know, they took them out because they didnt want them. which isnt true.

Comment

Can't see what all the fuss is about
                          I think the BF2 we got now is better to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by razor
                            Holycrap, I will never spend 700 on a videocard ever, i would rather spend my money on better things then a computer. But like ya al i need to play bf2 is a 6800gt and im good to go. My comp cost me like 1200 with everything (homemade). The things that you see in the video will NOT change how much the game chugs at the PC, the things we are looking at are the little thigns that they took out that we wish where still in the game.
                            I have the money to buy one so i got one if i didint i would of have one like yours .

Comment

What the hell, the BF2 we have now is much better. The models are much more detailed now. The car alarm is added in the video (it doesn't sound evironmental at all), and there IS laser designation for the Falcon jet. I'm honestly amazed at the amount of noobs who don't even know how to use it (clue - get a friggin' person in the second seat, you know, the seat with the laser designated missiles)

All other changes are purely cosmetic, if you're that bothered, re-skin the game UI.

Comment

Ripcurl stfu u didnt even see this. IT WAS BETTER STFU AND LEAVE.

Comment

Working...
                                X