No announcement yet.

Ever feel "guilty" for killing players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever feel "guilty" for killing players?

I don't know, maybe it's just me... but sometimes like if I kill several guys in a row, kill a guy that's trying his best to take me down, or even if I kill someone by using a lame tactic because I have to (dolphin diving, etc.) , I'll get this guilty feeling ... almost like I want to show mercy and let them get me back.

It doesn't happen all the time, it's just like every now and then I'll feel wrong about it... and even like if I'm up on top of a building and a guy has his back turned towards me or doesn't know where I am and I shoot and kill him, I'll feel guilty... probably for not really giving him a chance to fire back at me or whatever.

Maybe it's just that I have too much respect for my enemy... or maybe it's that my feelings run so deep that they seep into PC games as well?

Discuss.

Re: Ever feel "guilty" for killing players?

show no mercy
    nobody does for me look at my k/d ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Robocline
      show no mercy
      nobody does for me look at my k/d ratio
      Haha :laugh:

Still, for some reason I just get that gut feeling that makes me feel bad for doing better than other people... it's like I don't like stomping the living crap out of someone... as if I want to give them a chance to do good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz
        I don't know, maybe it's just me... but sometimes like if I kill several guys in a row, kill a guy that's trying his best to take me down, or even if I kill someone by using a lame tactic because I have to (dolphin diving, etc.) , I'll get this guilty feeling ... almost like I want to show mercy and let them get me back.

It doesn't happen all the time, it's just like every now and then I'll feel wrong about it... and even like if I'm up on top of a building and a guy has his back turned towards me or doesn't know where I am and I shoot and kill him, I'll feel guilty... probably for not really giving him a chance to fire back at me or whatever.

Maybe it's just that I have too much respect for my enemy... or maybe it's that my feelings run so deep that they seep into PC games as well?

Discuss.
        Well its just a game, its not like its real or anything

Comment

Originally posted by Ace8
          Well its just a game, its not like its real or anything
          It's not that it's real, it's just the fact that I feel guilty for doing better than somebody else at something.

I don't know why either... it's kind of like the feeling is just there.

Comment

Well congradulations, you have a sense of morality! I think it's good you feel that way. Better than showing absoulte no mercy for newbies, and fellow newbie team mates. If the other team is full of Provates or Pfcs, then I won't go full out on them, heck ill give them a few free shots. Then I will kill them, but not too badly, its always good to have a fair fight. IMO

Comment

well chubz you can get into a server with me and feel guilty anytime because i need to improve my scores

some people are just naturally good at these types of games and others like me take a while to adapt i'm good at what i do but killing people isn't one of them

Comment

Originally posted by CrazedJ0k3r
                Well congradulations, you have a sense of morality! I think it's good you feel that way. Better than showing absoulte no mercy for newbies, and fellow newbie team mates. If the other team is full of Provates or Pfcs, then I won't go full out on them, heck ill give them a few free shots. Then I will kill them, but not too badly, its always good to have a fair fight. IMO
                Exactly.. that's how I feel.

I'd rather have someone shooting back at me from far away than to be shooting them without them knowing where I was...

That's why I never play as a sniper; the guilt that it brings me isn't worth the kills you can rack up (along with very few deaths if you do it effectively).

I'd rather fight fair and square than like a coward with no resistance coming my way.

Comment

there's nothing better than running out to revive someone and then running like a little girl because someone is sniping at you or a tank is coming the other way

i wish more people had the same outlook as you then there wouldn't be so many gp30 dorks out there

Comment

Feel guilty? nup by killing nubs i help out the rest of the world.

Comment

yeah...sometimes...when im sniping...and theyre frantically looking for me and im giggling...and i wait...wait...and then they run for cover...and wait...*giggle*...and the BANG!...they go head over heels...sorry i really get into it:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Robocline
                        there's nothing better than running out to revive someone and then running like a little girl because someone is sniping at you or a tank is coming the other way

i wish more people had the same outlook as you then there wouldn't be so many gp30 dorks out there
                        Haha.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I do use the M203, GP25, and GP30 whenever I am in a situation that it is effective (Which is in many situations to say the least...), but any time I like see a guy that doesn't know I'm there and I blow him up in 1 shot with the nade launcher, I always feel pretty strange/bad/guilty for not giving the player a chance to fight back, but hey... war is hell!

Comment

Are you sure this isn't one of those. I feel bad for pwning all these n00bs threads. Come on man. Get over yourself if you are just bragging. If you honestly feel guilty, you would never last in real war. Sorry, but in war the life of your fellow soldiers and yourself comes first. I know this is just a game, but I mean don't feel bad, they are still having fun playing.

Comment

It's not your fault they suck though... How are they gonna leanr if you let them kill you?

Comment

Originally posted by bballplayafors
                              Are you sure this isn't one of those. I feel bad for pwning all these n00bs threads. Come on man. Get over yourself if you are just bragging. If you honestly feel guilty, you would never last in real war. Sorry, but in war the life of your fellow soldiers and yourself comes first. I know this is just a game, but I mean don't feel bad, they are still having fun playing.
                              Bragging? I barely have a 1:1 Kill-death ratio... is that really something to even go around bragging about?

I was just wanting to see if anyone else felt the same way.

Does feeling guilty about killing players without giving them a chance mean that I'm bragging because of my ub3r l33t skillz? No. I do get killed often - it's not like I'm saying I kill EVERYBODY, I'm just saying that those that I DO GET TO KILL, I feel slightly guilty about afterwords.

Comment

Working...
                              X