Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG Gentelman's Contract (Show your honor)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Gentelman's Contract (Show your honor)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some rules are enforceable (TKing, joining a squad). Others are not. For those that are not, many have posted our intentions to avoid certain actions which we feel are "cheap" or unfair.

If you're one of them, make your statment here.

Out of respect for my fellow TG-player, I

1. Will not bunny-hop.
    2. Will not bunny-prone hop.
    3. Will not camp spawn points.
    4. Will enter UCBs only to destroy CO assets.
    5. Will respect specialty squad assets.
    6. Will not intentionally engage in suicide tactics, ramming or otherwise.
    7. Will not punish accidental TKs.
    8. Will not Instant Vertical Capture/Neutralize (IVC/N) apparently undefended flags with the H-60 Helo (Black/Sea Hawk)

NOTES:
    3. Taking advantage of a spawner's disorientation.
    5. This point doesn't say you'll never under any circumstances take jets when a jet squad exists. Exceptions exist. It's just saying you'll respect the intention and organization of specialty squads and the assets they are organized around.
    6. Stuff happens. OUR stuff is always an accident.
    8. If there's no enemy around - that's different. (Why get out?) But if the base is occupied, use the H-60 as a transport and cover-fire vehicle. Have the troops get out and take the flag.

Again, these are not rules everyone must follow - just opportunities for us to state we agree to these guidelines out of respect for our fellow gamer. You should not feel compelled to sign.

Item 6:
    Original wording:
    Will not intentionally engage in ramming/suicide tactics.
    Reason for edit:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ghost
    I also am assuming that if someone decides to run over infantry with a tank then that would be ok.
    Points out that ramming is not always suicide. Duh.

Item 8:
    Original wording:
    Will not Instant Vertical Capture/Neutralize (IVC/N) with the H-60 Helo (Black/Sea Hawk)
    Reason for edit:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ABPositive
    Rule 8 says no vertical cap... the helo pilot may not know that the flag is defended by a hidden soldier.
    Points out that the distinction made in the notes should be in the list item. The most anyone signing this list should really be agreeing to is to not IVC/N defended flags. If anyone chooses to go beyond this and not IVC/N at all - that's above and beyond this agreement.
    It is left up to the discretion of each person to decide if the flag is undefended. This is an agreement, not a rule, and is a personal statement of respect by each signer. Therefore, we'll assume they take adequate measures (as moved by their conscience) to ensure there are no defenders.

Originaly by AssaultSqdLdr

I have decided to make it a poll...

Re: TG Gentelman's Contract (Show your honor)

Originally posted by [LG]Cataclysm
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Will not Instant Vertical Capture/Neutralize (IVC/N) apparently undefended flags with the H-60 Helo (Black/Sea Hawk)
    In playing TWL or CAL matches, these tactics are completely valid and usefull. So I don't see how I would be a n00b by using any of these. If TWL and CL don't have a problem with these valid tactics, why should anyone else.

Comment

hell no...being n00b is more fun!

Comment

Honor?

Listen man, I play to win. If that means I have to camp in a tank, bunny hop - prone, c4 vehicles/structures, then that's what I'm going to do. It's dirty, but war isn't clean.

That being said, I have your noob right here. I'll be happy to raise your death count.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
          Honor?

Listen man, I play to win. If that means I have to camp in a tank, bunny hop - prone, c4 vehicles/structures, then that's what I'm going to do. It's dirty, but war isn't clean.

That being said, I have your noob right here. I'll be happy to raise your death count.
          i agree. i love armor and if i get armor, you opforce better find alternate spawn points cause i'm gonna be camping the crowded ones and wasting your sorry asses. call me a n00b, call be a spawn killer, i don't care. that's what reduces the opforce's tickets and wins games.

Comment

As Brian wrote, if the game allows it and it helps me to win, I'll use it. I dont' consider most of these points as "noob" tactics, in the contrary, often it requires lot more skill to be done properly (eg. bunny-prone hop).

Comment

Originally posted by [UT]MajorHavoc
              i agree. i love armor and if i get armor, you opforce better find alternate spawn points cause i'm gonna be camping the crowded ones and wasting your sorry asses. call me a n00b, call be a spawn killer, i don't care. that's what reduces the opforce's tickets and wins games.
              sad to see this is the only way some people can win. at least we know who not to play with now.

Comment

so you want us to agree to your stupid rules or else we are noobs.
                Well I refuse to vote due to your arrogant view that all those who do not play the game the way you think they should are noobs. I think that all those that try and make up rules that arnt in the game already are noobs. Lets make that a poll.

Out of respect for the way the game is designd to be played I Will

1. Enter any enemy UCB that I want and steal, mine, and destroy anything that I can.
                2. Bunny hop my little fuzzy tail off while I reload
                a. Jump to prone if it gives me the tactical advantage
                3. respect "specialty squads" as long as they get to the vehical first.
                4. ram the crap out of your stupid tank
                5. since I like sniper and just for you disoriented spawners count to 2 before splattering your butt all over the wall behind you

Seriously I understand that you are not telling Dice to make these changes and you would like it to be a gentelmans agreement, But your poll is patheticaly biased. Change your poll choices and I will edit out my post.

Comment

Honor in a video game does not work and those rules are beyond ignorant. Play like that, fine with me, just don't throw a hissy fit when some hoppers/proners/BH whores/etc. kill you.

It's part of the game, like it or leave it. Now, I myself get aggrevated at some of these things too, but I don't whine about it and try to start some "Honor" squad.

And I love your f'ed up poll option. The noobs are the ones who follow your cry baby rules. You need an option that says "I chose to be a gamer and play the damn game".

Comment

Nicely put Cataclysm!

Comment

IRT #1-

Wahh.

Comment

Some of your points are an absolute laughter.

Comment

1. Will not bunny-hop.
                          oh pulleeeeeze. If i want to jump up and down continuously i damn well will.You can choose to look away though if i do. Not that i do jump up and down like a rabbit , i cant aim that way.

2. Will not bunny-prone hop.
                          So your saying you dont like jumping then proning?Right ok. Erm, i dont want you to sprint then. Okay!
                          It isn’t illegal to position yourself in such a way that you have an advantage, that’s smart thinking and its part of the game. Some people need to grow some balls.
                          No i wont. I will steal armour, aircraft, and cause as much disruption to enemy supply lines as i possibly can.
                          5. Will respect specialty squad assets.
                          Public servers are public servers. You have no right to claim ownership of any vehicle.
                          Lets see here. My soldiers life is worth 1, if i ram a vehicle containing 6 thats 1 minus 6 equals 5. I have gained 5 kills with 1 death. Is that fair? Of course! You need eyes in the back of your head in this game - which is why you get multiple views in vehicles. Use the 'C' key.

7. Will not punish accidental TKs.
                          Wow. something i actually agree with.
                          Dont be silly. Come now, its part of the game. If the designers didnt want to inculde it they wouldnt of.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                            Honor?

well said man....and everyone else stop calling people "nOobs".....it sounds ****ing stupid and needs to stop

Comment

I again, Atomic Flyus sign

Comment

Working...
                              X