Thoughts on the M95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the M95

I was thinking (again!), not about the defibrillator, but about the M95 sniper rifle.

It is seriously underpowered. lets have a look why.

This rifle fires 50.cal bullets. These are extremely powerful.

This rifle is also called an "Anti Material Rifle". It is designed to shoot through metal, at tanks. It is considered inhumane to fire it on infantry, because quite simply it utterly destroys the area it hits.

In comparison with the M24 Rifle, we can look at the size of rounds fired by the rifles.
    M24 - 7.62mm round
    M95 - 50.cal Round
    Now, anyone who knows anything about the sizes of rounds (sorry about the different scales, just know that 50cal is much larger than 7.62mm) will know that there is a huge difference here.

So why not a damage increase? The M24 hits with 95 damage. So does the M95.

This must be changed so it is actually a good reward for snipers (it can shoot through glass. Big reward!), and is as powerful as it should be.

Note: if anything i have said above is completely untrue, please tell me.

Re: Thoughts on the M95

No no no no no! Definitely do not get the dumb gun in BF2!!!

Comment

i agree on all points i think it should be one shot kill cause the real m95 would would rip ur body apart

Comment

i agree but im satisfied with it cause i just always aim for the head and ive gotten so many kills.

Comment

Yes we all know there is something weird with the m95, I have ut unlocked.
          I believe this is the rifle used by a Canadian in Afghanistan to score the longest distance kill ever, yet I can't take a guy down 150m away in less than 2 direct shots (we're both prone and still).

Comment

yea, m-95 should do like 200 damage or something :P

Would make people actually be more careful me thinks

Comment

I think 90-95% dmg on the rifle is perfectly fine. I dont want it to become totaly easy to snipe. It just needs a small accuracy upgrade.

Comment

I agree that it should be a bit mor powerful. Maybe not 200, but like.. 100. ..But a bit more accurate, if the damage wouldn't be increased. ...Saddened me that I couldn't take someone out when i shot them in the chest/heart.

Btw, would anyone know the damage amount for the MEC's SVD Dragunov? (the Sniper they use), since the M24 is 95.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanG
                  Yes we all know there is something weird with the m95, I have ut unlocked.
                  I believe this is the rifle used by a Canadian in Afghanistan to score the longest distance kill ever, yet I can't take a guy down 150m away in less than 2 direct shots (we're both prone and still).
                  That's nuts, just read about that here (and here too). The distance was 2,430m (2640 yards) and the bullet dropped 44m.

50cal = 12.7 mm I believe

Comment

That was the longest confirmed kill in IRAQ, the longest kill EVER was a Canadian Sniper from 3 PPCLI (Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry 3rd Battalion) in Afghanistan.

Comment

The longest-ever recorded and confirmed sniper kill was made by Master Corporal Arron Perry of the Canadian Forces in Afghanistan during combat in 2003. Using a .50-caliber (12.7 mm) MacMillan TAC-50 rifle, Perry shot and killed an opposing combatant soldier from a distance of 2,430 metres(1.5 miles).

Comment

after the many battlefield games DICE have made and the complain from the community regarding the weapons, u'd figure that DICE would at least hire a military advisor, but nooooooooooooooooooooo, DICE is too cheap or that they think they can make a better version of it in the game - sadly WRONG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fu11force
                          So why not a damage increase? The M24 hits with 95 damage. So does the M95.
                          Maybe so we would'nt have 100 noobs with 50 cals blasting away like joint ops. I just got it tonight and couldn't be happier with the gun. Sure you can't always get the one shot kill but you can probably 95% of the time and when you don't kill them you cripple them enough so someone else can. There is nothing sweeter than picking off some bunny hopping *** at 150 meters.

Comment

They should make it so that it kills with one shot to the head or chest

Comment

Originally posted by Degenetron
                              They should make it so that it kills with one shot to the head or chest

when someone gets hit with the m95 it takes them down to 2 bars and the current damage on the m95 is 95 so add 10 more damage to the m95 and theres your 1 shot kill

Comment

Working...
                              X