Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commander Points- The Real Story

Originally posted by ptegan
    The problem is that very few people are accepting it as solid proof.

It seems to be the average + *somethig magic* which we haven't managed to figure out yet.

It would make sense that if a commander said 'supplies available' and a squad leader accepted them, that the commander would get points for doing so. I can think of lots of other ways the commander may be getting points but until I see a case where the commanders score is *less* than the rolling average score I'm sticking to Athan's theory.

but is is SOLID proof that it isn't the average.

I am almost 99.9% shure it has all to do with caping flags and keeping flags.

Comment

I see that the only time out of your 4 tests that it seemed close to the average was when you didn't have an arty kills.

Were all the kills in the other 3 tests all from arty ?

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think the commander gets 1 point every time an order is accepted.

I normally never pay much attention to the Commanders' score, but yesterday I did, and when I accepted one of his orders he got 1 point. This point could come from something else, so it needs to be tested. I'll look closer today when I get orders

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
          I see that the only time out of your 4 tests that it seemed close to the average was when you didn't have an arty kills.

Were all the kills in the other 3 tests all from arty ?

all kills where from arty.

And the aerage is actualy far from the commander score, the only way I could come close is by letting the negatice scores out, but stil there wasn't an average.

Comment

well, if you command a squad to defend, or attack a flag, you get points when they kill people within your objective/command, as well.
            You dont have to fire arty at all to get big scores. Just click on a squad, tell them to attack this flag or that one, and for every kill they get within that objective you recieve points.
            Some has said you can be commander and leave and get big points. But i believe if your constantly scanning, and uavin' and using your squads effectively to take and defend flags, you'll recieve over 100 points damn near every time.
            So, I maintain, that if you keep an eye out ON EVERY DAMN THING going on in the game, and manage your squads effectively to take, and defend strategic flags, you will score big, every time. In short a good commander is pressing buttons and going insane, each and every minute. That is, if hes being effective.

Comment

on that note, i have ordered squads to attack flag B. Although they never capped it, they were certainly camping that flag, or trying to get to it, effectively, your choice. However they tried for what appeared to be 15 minutes or so. And there was major firefighting going on. My score, as commander ended up around 157 points. And i fired arty maybe 3 times.

Comment

well, if you command a squad to defend, or attack a flag, you get points when they kill people within your objective/command, as well.
                not true at all.
                Read my topic about commander points, link is some posts above here.

Even when doing nothing and absolutely nothing, you get your commander points, not one more or not one less if you where doing something.

You can easely sit in your chair , eating diner and beeing first of the server as commander if your team wins the round

Comment

kill kill kill

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                    not true at all.
                    Read my topic about commander points, link is some posts above here.

Even when doing nothing and absolutely nothing, you get your commander points, not one more or not one less if you where doing something.

You can easely sit in your chair , eating diner and beeing first of the server as commander if your team wins the round
                    this is totally goofy

Comment

Working...
                    X