X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tows do one hit attack choppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelron
      it takes a good bit more than 2 or 3 seconds of fire to drop an attack chopper... and a LOT more to drop a blackhawk.
      My times might be a bit off but it is not much above this. In game it certainly feels like you are tearing them apart very quickly. I have taken down loads of attack choppers using the buggy gun on my own so they are very good in this role. Blackhawk is a tricker one to judge as you never know if they have an engineer on board or not. One without an engineer does go down pretty quickly.

Comment

The best place to shoot a BH is in the side because then you have the chance to take out their gunners/passengers even if the chopper escapes

Comment

To me the buggy takes a little longer than the machine gun on top of the MEC vans...I have shredded a cobra from full health in less than 3 seconds...Found it out by accident cause the US Side kept trying to steal our chopper on the radio tower map...the SAM was useless so out of frustration I got in the van...they got shredded before they could even fire ... sweet

I have also had good luck with the 50 cal on top of tanks and prettygood luck with the machine gun on top of buggies...always seemed kind of odd to me that all of these weapons were far superior to the supposed AA vehicles...

Comment

My clanmates and I have taken down BHs before with the M-2s.

In Maashtur (for example) we just camp out at a gas station with 2 Humvees/Vodniks, and we can take them down in pretty short order. Same on Clean Sweep.

You can often manage it with an M-2 if someone else has a kit like AT. The combined power is usually pretty lethal.

J.

Comment

I wonder what the damage properties are on all these mounted guns as they all seem very good on choppers compared with the AA guns. I would be interested to know how much damage they do per shot. I know vs. infantry they are virutally a 1 shot kill so I am thinking they must be at least as strong as the M24 shot for shot.

Comment

Your little trick will not work against a blackhawk with 5 engineers in it, last night I myself and 4 others hit the blackhawk with 8 AT missiles in a row and we could not take it down. There were also jeeps firing at it. The blackhawk just kept gunning us down and when it had become dammaged they flew away for 5 seconds and came back fully repaired. Also note that now the blackhawk whoreing now includes engineers dropping mines from the blackhawk as it caps flags with its five engineers

Comment

Originally posted by Odinpalen
                  Your little trick will not work against a blackhawk with 5 engineers in it, last night I myself and 4 others hit the blackhawk with 8 AT missiles in a row and we could not take it down. There were also jeeps firing at it. The blackhawk just kept gunning us down and when it had become dammaged they flew away for 5 seconds and came back fully repaired. Also note that now the blackhawk whoreing now includes engineers dropping mines from the blackhawk as it caps flags with its five engineers
                  Is secret to taking those down is to aim for that gaping hole in the sides of the chopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Odinpalen
                    Two ways to do it:

1) Shoot an AT missle into the side doors and hit the roof (very doable), it will kill almost everyone (if not everyone) in there.

2) (better way), shoot the glass canopy where the pilot is...pilot will die, chopper will crash. This also has the added benefit of usually killing the squad leader, so no respawns back into the BH.

Comment

Working...
                    X