AA no good in this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA no good in this game?

Ok you see lots of complaints about the AA in the game but you know what there is a truely excellent AA weapon in game that you just don't see many using. No it is not the Stingers or the dedicated AA vehicles.

It is the little transport buggies. The top machine gun on one of these will tear a Cobra in two in an amazingly short amount of time. It also makes fairly short work of a Blackhawk. It actually is far more effective than the guns on the dedicated AA vehicles which is just strange.

Ok so how do you use it? you don't sit in the middle of a base waiting for a chopper to fly over your head to use it you drive a little way outside of a base but make sure you still have a good view of the flag. You then sit there and wait for a chopper to come along at which point you can defend the flag and give them a nasty surprise.

Just using these tactics for about 10 minutes last night on Clean sweep I took out 2 Blackhawks and 2 Cobra's. I also drive off a couple more choppers who tried to cap the flag but had to run smoking.

So next time you grab a buggy and consider driving it at full speed half way across the map to crash into an enemy tank maybe think to yourself how about setting up a sneaky AA position.

This man speaks the truth. When ever I hear a chopper I always go right for the FAV/DPV. The guns are lethal too choppers.

Comment

Too true, the make nasty quick work of troops too......

Comment

I actually got targeted for an artilery strike just for little old me I was being such a pain in the arse

If everyone were using the buggies for AA can you imagine how different the maps would play. There are loads of buggies on most maps so if they were utilised fully against choppers it would make a big difference to game balance.

I should point out they are really AA for choppers only. No use vs. Jets but then Choppers are the major pain in the arse on most maps anyway.

Comment

Perhaps this thread could be moved to tips and hints?

Its oh so true though, the only issues are that you might have someone take off with you still gunning, and you will show up on the choppers (attack) HUD, so you cant sit in it all day long, you'll have to roam around and keep coming back to it.

Comment

yeah. if you can get the broadside of an attack chopper you can really mess them up. provided the pilot or gunner doesnt look at you. transports can take a bit longer because of the higher hp but they are still do-able. blackhawks, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
              Perhaps this thread could be moved to tips and hints?

Its oh so true though, the only issues are that you might have someone take off with you still gunning, and you will show up on the choppers (attack) HUD, so you cant sit in it all day long, you'll have to roam around and keep coming back to it.
              This is why sitting outside of a base a little way helps as it tends to prevent those who just spawned using you as a taxi.

As you pointed out you should move about a bit as well just make sure you keep the flag in sight and you have no major obstructions a chopper could sit behind and block your shots.

I find in general most chopper pilots line themselves up for an attack on the flags themselves so being outside of the flag area a way means you get first shots in on the chopper which if it is an attack chopper is normally good enough to give you the advantage. As soon as he comes under fire the guy will probably try and turn to find you which means a pretty stationary target and it only takes 3-4 seconds of fire to really ruin his day.

Comment

indeed, the same for people whining over the blackhawk on mashtuur city and that the thing is overpowered, I have mentioned this like 100 times here : just get in a jeep on the machine gun an you take the chopper down in no time, and you will earn dam lots of points becauese the thing is filled with infantry

Comment

Yeah I realise I have not discovered something here and others do know about it but I don't see enough using the tactic so I am just trying to raise awareness of how good it is

Comment

yeah the gun on the boat is the same better in fact because you can spin it 360 degrees to find your target.

If you in a area where you teram are pretty well in control and there flying choppers in it you can really own the choppers with the boats gun.

Comment

Yeah I fear those little buggys. I try and sweep down on them quick and hope my gunners do the job in time. That's the only negative thing about the buggy in that the bhawk minigun will rip it to shreds in literally 3 seconds with direct hits.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                        indeed, the same for people whining over the blackhawk on mashtuur city and that the thing is overpowered, I have mentioned this like 100 times here : just get in a jeep on the machine gun an you take the chopper down in no time, and you will earn dam lots of points becauese the thing is filled with infantry
                        yeah go do that against any pilot/gunner that isnt incompetent and tell me how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
                          yeah the gun on the boat is the same better in fact because you can spin it 360 degrees to find your target.

If you in a area where you teram are pretty well in control and there flying choppers in it you can really own the choppers with the boats gun.
                          The top gun on the MEC buggy turns 360 degree's. Pretty sure it does on the Chinease one as well but I think the US one has a limited turn arc.

I have not tried the tactic with the Humvee class vehicles but I would presume they are just as good. You also of course have all the mouted machine guns around the place though as they all have limited turn arcs they are not of as much use.

Comment

can someone tell where to shoot choppers to do the most damage !??!

bye

Armando

Comment

doesnt matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X