Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, *4* direct hits with my antitank weapon and the chopper is still FLYING!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, *4* direct hits with my antitank weapon and the chopper is still FLYING!?!?

TItle about says it all... this is ridiculous. Air assets are too tough in this game. They should require better piloting not the overpowers they have right now. Choppers hsould stay behind rises, pop up to do the nasty, and float off away, not HOVER OVER A FLAG taking 4 SHOTS from my tank weapon and laugh it off, turn on me and riddle me with bullets!

The bullet riddling part is cool as lopng as it happens BEFORE I hit the mofo with my antitank weaponry...

i know like one hit to tail and starts to go down,Dice you should know better than that!!!

Comment

Choppers need more realistic armor. If they made it so that Blackhawks weren't flying tanks, then they might be used more for transport purposes than flying gunships.

Comment

It probly had 3 engineers in the chopper repairing, you gotta land your rocket in the cab and kill all the engies to take it down.

Comment

O..... K.....

engies should not stack then too, fgodsake. OMG.

Oh christ, nevermind. I'm beginning to uynderstand this game is not balanced for jsut fun, but for arcade fun. This is not a roblem where realism = complexity, but where unrealism = stoopidity. It takes away the bravery and heroism of facing the chopper, blasting him a few times actually DOING something.

BTW he was hovering in such a way that hitting him in the side would have been near impossible.

Comment

its been established that the blackhawks have a rediculous ammount of armor haha. "more than a tank"

Comment

Only when engineers are present. Otherwise black hawks have next to nothing. 2 missles from an AA vehicle will take it out, and if you ever manage to land 2 on a tank it'll only take out 1/2 of its armour.

with 3 engineers the Black Hawk will repair faster than you can damage, with the exception of machine guns, attack heli's, and jets.

AND no this game is balanced for realism. If it was your tank would have night vision, a laser range finder, much more depressurization of the main barrel, and possibly more.

A real tank in real life can hit you at 4 KM or more. remember a BF2 map isn't close to that.

Comment

Actually A BH does have more armor then a tank, even with no engeneers, I created my own server and tried it out, 1 at rocket no matter where ona BH does the same amount of damag as hitting a tank from the front side the AA is made to extra stronng VS flying mashines but weak versus armor.

Comment

2 stingers kill a blackhawk ive tried it it works

Comment

Originally posted by MassKiller
                    Only when engineers are present. Otherwise black hawks have next to nothing. 2 missles from an AA vehicle will take it out, and if you ever manage to land 2 on a tank it'll only take out 1/2 of its armour.

with 3 engineers the Black Hawk will repair faster than you can damage, with the exception of machine guns, attack heli's, and jets.

AND no this game is balanced for realism. If it was your tank would have night vision, a laser range finder, much more depressurization of the main barrel, and possibly more.

A real tank in real life can hit you at 4 KM or more. remember a BF2 map isn't close to that.
                    The missles from an AA vehicle are MUCH more powerful than an Anti Tank rocket which is what the OP was talking about. As stated below your post a Blackhawk has more overal armor than a Tank does which is pretty rediculous.

I've shot 3 or 4 Anti Tank rockets into a Blackhawk without it popping, the idea that Engineers can repair is great, but the fact is no matter what kind of chopper you are flying if your roters are blown off you drop like a stone or if they are just dmg'd you spiral down to the earth and crash either way.

I really hope they do more than just make flag capping from a BH impossible on the next patch, Blackhawks are NOT gunships as they have been used in this game.

Comment

Yeah as above, bear in mind they are AT rockets. Not AA rockets. If they were AA rockets they would be much more effective. Thats why it takes about 4-5 AT rockets to bring down a b-hawk (Provided there are no engineers on board)

Comment

Too bad the stingers suck! They might as well not be in the game.
                        and give me some SAMS for the jets.

Comment

ive not had any problems taking the choppers down, just gotta hit them in the right place

Comment

Originally posted by Blud
                            Too bad the stingers suck! They might as well not be in the game.
                            and give me some SAMS for the jets.
                            HUH?? Stingers are brilliant on choppers. Just wait for the flare and pop off both rockets. I have more than a dozen kills from stinger sites (I've only had the game for 3 days).

Comment

Originally posted by C11.Nemisis
                              2 stingers kill a blackhawk ive tried it it works
                              2 Stingers will take a Blackhawk down if there are no Engineers on board.

I was Blackwhoring yesterday, and we took 4 Stingers before a .50cal machine gun finished us off. The Blackhawk is like unstoppable if there's 3 Engineers and 1-2 Medics.

Comment

Working...
                              X