• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are the maps foggy sometimes?

It's just the way the game does things.

I'm not going to explain because

Originally posted by Wasp
    On Songhua Stalemate there is a concentrated fog line a certain distance away from you. As you move forward you push this line forward too. When this line of fog is between you and objects like trees they will look a little covered but as you move forward and the concentrated fog reach the tree it becomes more covered or difficult to see. That's what it looks like when I tested it myself. It's obviously a result of the map designer placing the fog close but not making it thick enough to cover what's behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by bam23
      It's just the way the game does things.

I'm not going to explain because
      That doesn't make any sense! Is this forum bunch of little kids or something who don't understand? If there is a fog line in front of you, the stuff behind the fog line cannot be more visible than the stuff that is closer. It's not mathematically possible. It's not just how the game does things, it's a BUG and I am wondering if others see it too.

It rarely happens because if it does happen it is VERY noticeable during gameplay.

Comment

Smoke/dust/actually fog(chinese map)

Comment

Originally posted by yunsb33
          Smoke/dust/actually fog(chinese map)
          This is probably the most useless post so far in the whole thread. Thanks for the insight! I think I am going to go to a forum where the users actually have brains...

Comment

Maybe it's because the rendering of the fog is random? I mean your graphics card can't render the fog 100% the same each time... I don't think so at least.

Comment

It's not random...what kind of gaming experience would that be...draw distances are very specific...

Comment

ozziegt,

You are correct in that the draw distance is a constant. I believe it is poor LOD blending. The post I've linked below is an explaination of the texture flickering from the bf2 editor forums.

click me

Please read the above link. It

Comment

Working...
                X