Limit Flag Capture Ability to Infantry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Flag Capture Ability to Infantry

I wonder why EA didn't do this in the first place? It makes perfect sense, and, vehicles would be limited to the support role they were desgined for; instead of being the backbone of any given army.

This minor change would fix a slew of things:

1. Heli-Captures would be no more.

2. There would have to be SOME type of orginization in order to capture a flag, currently it's just, " Sneak APC or TANK around the enemy lines and sit safely near a flag while switching your turret perspective between known spawn points".

3. Did I mention it would limit vehicles to the support role they were designed for; I did!? Oh Goodie!

4. The apparent teamwork focus of the game would actually be enforced! This is reason enough for me.

Oh.. and if your response is any of the following, please just save your fingers:

"...anyone who suggest this must just suck with vehicles"

"...then how would I get points!?"

"...newbie! Only a newbie would suggest this!"

...all other input is welcome. I really belevie this is a top-notch idea; don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

{WP}Paas

Bad idea, there would be less teamwork

"hey, i cant capture flags anymore so instead i will pointlessly drive around and rape bases"

Comment

i think this will be on the patch 1.03 from the end of the month

if not from all vehicles...
      at least will not be posible anymore to capture flags from helis

Comment

I agree 1000% (not a type-o)

It would make team work go up big time and would limit most of the frustration I have with this game. Vehicles for support?! Who would have thought.... plus you would see very few one man army guys capping flags (getting a tank and pretty much taking the point without Trouble)

Comment

i agree tho
          too help tank whoring kills should be
          tank/apc killing inf = less points since its a no contest in spawn killing (mind you shouldnt effect k/d ratio for you tank whores)
          tank/apc killing tank/apc = more points 2 encourage tank battles
          tank/apc killing transort veh = same points as usual

Comment

Originally posted by [i]_Bleed_to_Death
            Bad idea, there would be less teamwork

"hey, i cant capture flags anymore so instead i will pointlessly drive around and rape bases"
            Not true, a Tank or APC (NOT Helos! They should be limited to Transport and Anti-Tank/Infantry Only) in the area would still get a flag catpure assist point, they just wouldn't be able to actually contribute to the flag capture bar.

So, it would be worth it to support the ground pounder in their attempt to capture a flag with either medium/close range armor support, or APC support.

I think this would increase the potential for teamwork, if you're moving in a seperate FT than your Armor division is moving you need to further rely on the eyes, abilities, and ears of your givin' squad if you hope to survive long enough to take a flag.

No sir, I think you're dead wrong on this one. Removing the abilitiy of vehicles to capture flags would boost teamwork, not hinder it.

...and I don't see what's wrong with a tank "Spawn Camping", if the Opposing force isn't able to stop him from doing it, then more power to him. That's the purpose of a tank, Medium range heavy infantry support. I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here.

{WP}Paas

Comment

oh yea and too make it even better for at's
              should be
              at killing tank/apc = double the f-ing points (since most tanks/apcs run away too get fixed or jump out too survive the death)

Comment

Originally posted by yas32
                oh yea and too make it even better for at's
                should be
                at killing tank/apc = double the f-ing points (since most tanks/apcs run away too get fixed or jump out too survive the death)
                No too sure what you're getting at with this; explain it a bit better maybe?

{WP}Paas

Comment

another solution i think is this:

they could capture flags but they should make it a very long process.. at least twice the time an infantry man would capture that flag.

Comment

Or they could only neutralise flags and not take them

But I like the idea of bonus points for killing tanks with tanks

Comment

i like the ideea with only neutralising flags

Comment

Originally posted by SirAndrew
                        another solution i think is this:

they could capture flags but they should make it a very long process.. at least twice the time an infantry man would capture that flag.
                        Time extension is a reasonable compromise, although, it should be an insane mutpliyer.

I'm thinking at LEAST 4-times the amount of time it takes for 2 infantry men to capture a flag. So, it would be possible, but, it would take almost a completely absent minded OpFor you to pull it off; I mean, really... Tanks and APCs should be limited to a support role.

I see what you're saying, and it's reasonable, but I still stand by my resolve of comletely removing their ability to capture flags. Good input though, appreciated.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiest
                          Or they could only neutralise flags and not take them

But I like the idea of bonus points for killing tanks with tanks
                          This is a very good idea, heck, maybe even a little better than mine. But! They rate in which they can do this should still be at least 4-Times the amount of time it takes a "Pair" of ground-pounders.

...and of course, Helos should still be excluded from the flag capture ability.

{WP}Paas

P.S. - I see what he means now (about the tank points n' such), but, let's not get this thread too far off topic. It's hard to redirect a thread once it spirals into oblivion.

Comment

GREAT post!

Hope EA is listening in, this would make the dynamics of the game change in a pivotal manner. This is what infantry should be, the man on the ground making it happen!

Comment

I think heli captures should be eliminated.

Comment

Working...
                              X