No announcement yet.

"You do not have sufficient rank to enter this server."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, not the best idea, i'm only a private first class and i'm constantly on the top three lists of the games i play. Why is my score so low, because i'm not like most BF2 whores, i gotta do stuff, i play every other day for like 2 hours, And other stuff get on my nerves, especially playing the piano, i have to play 1 hour a day 6 days a week plus a 1 hour lesson, to be honost i hate piano, but i don't want to let my mum down. And right now i'm in china on vacation, the last time i played BF2 was 3 weeksfrom the release, and i had problems with my comp for the first 5 days so i only got like 2and a quarter weeks to play. Not all privates or stuff are noobs, i've never ran over a landmine, never stepped in front of a vehicle, and never TKed on purpose. I've played BF1942 and all those games a lot, i know how to play the game, and i play it good. So if you have a server with Corporals and higher that would suck, i would never reach corp before the expansion comes out, considereing i only play every other day and only 2 hours a day until school starts. When School starts, i only play on the weekends caus my mom and dad don't want me playing. I want to play in a mature server with no noobs, but not one based on ranks, some of us do have other things to do and it'll take me like 2 years to reach sergeant unlike some people who already are sergeants. Some people are good, but don't have much ranks because of other reason, a server based on k:d ratio would be good though.

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids
      What's experience in a video game? You point, click and run/drive. I've been playing fps for a long time. Unless this is your very first online fps game, you get the idea of what needs to be done from the get go.

Length of time playing the game has nothing to do with experience. There are basically three catagories of players that come into the game 1) Those that know what to do just because they have played online games before 2) Smaktards that do **** just to try and piss you off or for their own satasfaction 3) Complete idiots that even if you held their hand they cannot grasp the concept.

I can pretty much tell you that anyone that has played BF42/BFV/DC that decides to come and play this game and is a private, will be playing way past the 'so called' first few ranks with skill. Anyone that has played UT Domination would get the idea with ease, not to mention many other games with that concept. They should be confined to these quote unquote 'newb servers' until they get rank, when you know damn well that they are way past that point?
      Yep, you completely missed my point.

"What's experience in a video game?" Are you serious? Experience in a video game is everything.

I'll tell you what, you get a couple fps buddies that have never played BF2. I'll get a couple people that have played a lot, and I'd be willing to bet money that your team gets MURDERED every game. You know why? Because we have the experience.

Comment

How does that miss the point. Knowing what NOT to do is as natural as knowing what you wouldn't like your teammates to do to you and what you would like them to do to win.

Let's see, what NOT to do...

1) Don't TK
        2) Last person on the map, don't be a sniper hangin out nowhere
        3) Don't take a chopper just by yourself
        4) Don't grab a flag and just leave it
        5) Don't drive over your own teams landmines
        6) Don't bomb a flag that has your teammates in
        7) Don't run inside the big red circle on your minimap
        8) Don't stand in front of your teammates vehicle because you can't have it
        9) Don't be a commander in a jet
        10) Don't punish everyone that accidentally tks you, **** happens
        11) etc
        12) etc
        13) etc

Wow.

It's really that simple. But that will never happen, no matter what ranks there are. It's kind of a 'wish in one hand and **** in the other, see which one gets filled first' deal.

Common sense isn't something that alot of people are born with, getting points to get a rank is not going to change that.

If I've still missed your point, maybe you should elaborate more.

Comment

Like I said, get a few friends and lets play for cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
            Yep, you completely missed my point.

"What's experience in a video game?" Are you serious? Experience in a video game is everything.

I'll tell you what, you get a couple fps buddies that have never played BF2. I'll get a couple people that have played a lot, and I'd be willing to bet money that your team gets MURDERED every game. You know why? Because we have the experience.
            No, not really, i bet i could beat somebody that has 20 hours of play with BF2 that have never played any other online fps because i have experience from other games. I came into BF2 confident, i played well on my first online round, why, cause i played the other games, like BF1942, even CS helps me. I knew how to use all the weapons correctly, the rockets and tank rounds don't have serious arks, so it's real easy to get used to it. Skill is everything, experience is nothing compared to skill, i mean there are nobs that have played for over 100 hours and are still corps and stuff like that, when a private could easily be better than them, yes experience does help, but the skill reigns supreme, skill from othe online fps>experience from BF2, if you have both experience from BF2 and skill from other online fps, then you really reign supreme.

EDIT: And yes, i know from BF1942 that the skull sign means there's a mine nearby, also meaning to watch out, from BF1942 i knew not to run over teamates etc. etc. Don't start a flame war.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
              Like I said, get a few friends and lets play for cash.
              lmao, what the **** does that have to do with a conversation about 'rank=skill'?

what a joke.

I see you edited your second last post way after I had already posted my previous one, laughable.

You want to play for keeps, then join a league. (CB4) is playing on CAL and NATO.

Comment

You backed down. Point proven.

Comment

I agree that some servers should be for people above a certain level only. This level should not be too high, say 1000 global points so that any honest player can get there soon. This should be enough to stop people from just creating a new user and going into a server to TK and annoy people, as it may take them anywhere from 10+ hours of play to reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids
                    What's experience in a video game? You point, click and run/drive. I've been playing fps for a long time. Unless this is your very first online fps game, you get the idea of what needs to be done from the get go.

Length of time playing the game has nothing to do with experience. There are basically three catagories of players that come into the game 1) Those that know what to do just because they have played online games before 2) Smaktards that do **** just to try and piss you off or for their own satasfaction 3) Complete idiots that even if you held their hand they cannot grasp the concept.

I can pretty much tell you that anyone that has played BF42/BFV/DC that decides to come and play this game and is a private, will be playing way past the 'so called' first few ranks with skill. Anyone that has played UT Domination would get the idea with ease, not to mention many other games with that concept. They should be confined to these quote unquote 'newb servers' until they get rank, when you know damn well that they are way past that point?

What he said!!!!

I can't beleive you guys really think they should seperate people on this game. And to seperate them by their rank! Higher ranking people only show they play the game 24/7...or stat whore. Rank is not even a FACTOR in guaging skill/experiance.

I run a big Ranked server. I see tards of all ranks. Most of them high ranking medics. Or support. Healing people in front of enemy armor, throwing med packs to all their dieing friends, instead of shooting the enemy.

Or the Sgt. tkin for the Armor in Karkland, so he knows he can get easy kills.

I can give examples all day.

So, the moral of the story is, **** Rank. All you stat whores who have made Sgt. means squat. It means your a EA "beleiver" who plays ONLY on ranked servers.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to make a new account every time I gain rank.
                    Private forever!

So Remember, theres a private out there with a knife ready to cut your stripes off!

Comment

never have seen a server who had this, but like in americas army, you had the same thin, lots of server had min honor of 15 and some even 25

Comment

I backed down? Join a ****in league we are in and you have a match. Most of my clan has people that don't play often. You think I should be restricted cuz I average .6 hours of play a day, even though I have 1400+ kills and only 434 deaths? You can challenge us any day and most of my clan is the same way, if you think you will be playing against a bunch of noobs I don't make it a habit to socialize outside of my clan, so me finding a bunch of so-called noobs is going to be a bit difficult as I can't be bothered to waste my time. You want to play against me with your buddies, then you play against CB4, offers on the table. www.cb4clan.com

It's way too easy to get a rank in a game that awards you for everything except for being afk, and they mite even have a badge for that too. You call that experience? lmfao. Sooner or later those same idiots are going to have given out enough ammo/health bags that they will get said rank and be acting like nubkins on your favorite 'rank required server', at most, you would only delay the inevitable.

@ Mod

If you find that pic offensive, sorry, delete it and give me my fair warning or temp ban.

Comment

Originally posted by artnez.com
                          Why not allow servers to set a minimum rank for public play? Let's be brutally honest, 64 player servers on city maps (which is the only ones I play) are incredibly fun -- but asshats with names like "ruffryda", "b3rs3rk3r", "nooblet123", etc can simply be a pain in the ass somtimes....

EA can keep all of their serverse rank-free. Most large providers have atleast 6 public 64 player servers... so they could make a couple rank-free and the rest locked on rank.

It would only make the game more fun to play
                          I made a post about this long time ago. There should be a option for this i hope in the near future. Just because i have never seen so many idiots in my life playing. I hope EA takes that in concideration.

Comment

yeah i could see it being an option but rank is just how long you've played or padded... adding more restrictions will just cause more padding so they can get access to the servers...

Comment

lame idea, Nco's are noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by C11.Nemisis
                                their are alot of privates who are not noobs
                                also a lot of noobs that are not privates

Comment

Working...
                                X