"You do not have sufficient rank to enter this server."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You do not have sufficient rank to enter this server."

Why not allow servers to set a minimum rank for public play? Let's be brutally honest, 64 player servers on city maps (which is the only ones I play) are incredibly fun -- but asshats with names like "ruffryda", "b3rs3rk3r", "nooblet123", etc can simply be a pain in the ass somtimes....

EA can keep all of their serverse rank-free. Most large providers have atleast 6 public 64 player servers... so they could make a couple rank-free and the rest locked on rank.

It would only make the game more fun to play

Originally posted by artnez.com
    Why not allow servers to set a minimum rank for public play? Let's be brutally honest, 64 player servers on city maps (which is the only ones I play) are incredibly fun -- but asshats with names like "ruffryda", "b3rs3rk3r", "nooblet123", etc can simply be a pain in the ass somtimes....

EA can keep all of their serverse rank-free. Most large providers have atleast 6 public 64 player servers... so they could make a couple rank-free and the rest locked on rank.

It would only make the game more fun to play

setting a minimum rank would be agianst what EA preaches about their ranked servers, that they are to be open to everyone not a select few, also, not everyone who has a high rank is a "good" player, rank shows time played not skill level.

Comment

I made a post suggesting this yesterday. It would be a good idea. I would get rid of the noob factor that seems to be ruining everyones time.

Comment

there already are servers like that.

Comment

Originally posted by StlouisSniper
          I made a post suggesting this yesterday. It would be a good idea. I would get rid of the noob factor that seems to be ruining everyones time.

their are alot of privates who are not noobs

Comment

Originally posted by C11.Nemisis
            setting a minimum rank would be agianst what EA preaches about their ranked servers, that they are to be open to everyone not a select few, also, not everyone who has a high rank is a "good" player, rank shows time played not skill level.
            Agreed. But most smacktards are very prone to peer pressure. If everyone is playing fair, they will play fair. If not, kick, kick, BAN. In other words, the majority would be good players IMHO.

Like I said, this wouldn't ruin the gameplay, it could only make it better. EA can keep all of their servers rank free and those large providers can keep some servers rank free, and some with rank requirements

Comment

I've been watching for this. Most people that run over mines/claymores intentionally (plus punish) are, in fact, privates.

Comment

There are alot of sgts who are noobs. Rank doesn't mean anything except that you have tons of time to play.

Comment

I think it's a good idea.

Comment

i think every Rank should have their own Rooms, Kind of Like Socom 2 worked. with all the Ranks having their own servers and open servers for every rank

Comment

why should rank matter? rank in game isn't a landmark for skill.

Comment

This is an awefully elitist attitude. Do you forget that, at one point, YOU were new to the game?

Now, granted there are lots of people out there that make a game un-fun. There are, however, other ways to deal with them. Like someone else said...kicks and bans.

Now, to concede a point, if it is a privately-owned server, they do have the right to set whatever rules they wish. I would even go as far to say that if someone/some clan pays for a ranked server, they should be able to set a minimum rank...but then again, that would make it hard for new players to find decent servers to get in..since all public/ranked would be packed full almost all the time.

It is a catch-22. However, being elitist will not correct the problems.

Comment

People will just exploit even more to gain rank..

Comment

Yeah it’s a cool idea.

The system Bungie uses for Halo 2 to is to pair people with similar rank to you. So you are being pared with people who have a similar skill to you.

Comment

Even higher ranked players suck. My Bro-in-law has like 7k points and really sucks at the game. He just plays constantly in his free time.

But if you could base it off of K-D ratio then it could be possible to judge who's good and who's not. At least a 1:1 or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X