Operation Iraqi Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Iraqi Freedom

Anyone interested in doing a mod specifically based on the current war? Being a former active duty Marine, I have an extreme love for the Corps, and high respect for those still serving (more importantly those that have been killed while serving).

I think this could be a dedication of sorts. It could be realistic in nature, but the main focus would be on the Marine Corps and their drive to the heart of Baghdad.

This would require a NUMBER of developers and would essentially start out as a conversion of the current game, then add in custom maps specifically based on key locations in Iraq.

If you're interested post here (or contact me on MSN, TJYoung80234).

The intent to this is dedication to the men and women in the Armed Services... if that's something that interests you, then by all means contact me.

Do you plan on making an Iraqi army, or militant groups?

Comment

people will say it is dumb like my mod idea...ill beta test for you if you whant me too

Comment

if i can work this editor i'll be more than happy to map for you

Comment

I asked for the exact same thing but it got hijacked by people who complained about bush and how wrong the war was....**** them

Im not a dev or modder but I would kinda like to watch from the sidelines and advise on sounds and stuff, cause when the SAW sounds like a vaccuum cleaner, the game gets ruined. I could also help out with anything else. I really wanna see a mod like this come out.

and congrats on being a marine, I wanna be one when I turn 18.

Comment

Sounds good...I like the support. Rammy... I'm still tossing the idea around so nothing is final just yet. MEC as it is can work just fine... but it might be interesting to try and add in a few of the militant groups.

Keep in mind this is NOT political. This is a mod dedicated to the men and women of the armed services. Iraq is no different than Vietnam... in terms of popularity and support, but more than half of the people here on these forums probably played BF:V.

So think of this as a tribute... nothing more. Animalmother... you wouldn't be the Animalmother I played with yesterday would you (with the 24th MEU on Karkand)? If so, good on you... Marines can always use good solid men.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see the militia Iraq, because technically, The Iraqi army doesn't fight the US.

It will also be unique, texturing the insurgents with every day clothes..A kevlar on their chest and Ak-47's, RPG's, IED's maybe(mix of claymore and c4)

Also it will have to be purely ground, aside from helicopter support. Even then, I'd recommend making some sort of AA(portable stingers maybe?)

Comment

Well, the U.S. did fight some of the Iraqi Army... but many of the fighters were the hardcore Guard forces. The standard infantry soldier ran at the sight of tanks. I guess it would come down to map specifics on what they looked like. You'd have Fedayeen, militia, and Iraqi Guard.

I like the IED idea... would be nice to litter the streets and slip in IED's in among the trash.

As for the air... what could be done is have the Marines (or Army maybe added later) start off at one point. They then have to push into the map like on Karkand to gain ground with support from Helo's and Aircraft.

If possible, a fuel feature can be added to the air vehicles to keep them from just flying around and destroying everything (as well as limited ammunition and the resupply area far from the battle).

This is all things that the coders would need to work on and let each other and the community know that it can and can't be done. I do forsee this as becoming a great project if interested developers step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by TJYoung80234
                  Sounds good...I like the support. Rammy... I'm still tossing the idea around so nothing is final just yet. MEC as it is can work just fine... but it might be interesting to try and add in a few of the militant groups.

Keep in mind this is NOT political. This is a mod dedicated to the men and women of the armed services. Iraq is no different than Vietnam... in terms of popularity and support, but more than half of the people here on these forums probably played BF:V.

So think of this as a tribute... nothing more. Animalmother... you wouldn't be the Animalmother I played with yesterday would you (with the 24th MEU on Karkand)? If so, good on you... Marines can always use good solid men.
                  haha, yeah I am. Ive got a few ideas for the mod, too. I dont want it to be political at all, like you said just a tribute, I dont want any of it to be taken seriously. One idea I had was to have a claymore, skin it as a watermelon, give it a huge blast radius and as much dammage as an mk82 and you have an IED. I also think it would be cool to have the helo and air support on the US side only, so theyre used purely for support and no dogfighting or helofighting, also insurgents dont have su34s IRL . Civvy clothes would be nice too. Bomb vests too maybe.

Comment

Ill be happy to mod and map for you. Give me a ring on AIM at sh1ftd.

Comment

I'd do anything from website to graphics... let me know on aim: host co sportz

or msn: sportzguy00@hotmail.com

Comment

not a bad idea hope it works for ya

Comment

Good deal guys... I'll be trying to contact you both, Lt. Phillips and TFlanary. This is definitely a start. I've got a lot of great ideas here and maybe Flanary could get the website up (OIFMod.com).

Then it'll make things a whole lot easier. Hehe.

AnimalMother... lol... watermelons?! Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TJYoung80234
                            Good deal guys... I'll be trying to contact you both, Lt. Phillips and TFlanary. This is definitely a start. I've got a lot of great ideas here and maybe Flanary could get the website up (OIFMod.com).

Then it'll make things a whole lot easier. Hehe.

AnimalMother... lol... watermelons?! Interesting.
                            yeah..thats what I heard, they stuff c4 into watermelons for IEDs.

Comment

Well they pretty much stuff IED's into anything. In soda cans, or boxes and newspapers... there's so much trash on the streets that anything could be a potential bomb.

I'm going to see if it's possible to add stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X