Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sniper class.. not disappointing after all..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good round for me:

Well pleased at my progress, although the deaths are BS. One death followed by an instant death from a jet and then another instant death from an arty strike! My next step is to find the best places to try and get a more constant flow.

Comment

I love sniper class and it is a very fun class to play at if you have skill and can hide good and just pick people off.. its always funny taking out people on kubra dam and they all run around looking for you.

Comment

alot of people say that they can snipe from 200-300m fine but have problems when a target is further...how can u actually tell how far an enemy or landmark is?

Comment

Originally posted by Wranger4400
          The sniper rifle isn't very accurate so the sniper class for me isn't very good.
          i agree they should of worked on this class a little more i just wish u could zoom in im so use to BHD

Comment

Originally posted by jdogg007-FED
            i agree they should of worked on this class a little more i just wish u could zoom in im so use to BHD
            They did this on purpose.

One thing they were trying to avoid (it should be obvious why) is people choosing the sniper class and picking some secluded hill at the corner of the map. They sit there all round get a few kill in the process, but they never contribute to taking any flags.

As I said already, the sniper class should have been called the sharpshooter class because that's really the role you should take on. As your squad advances, cover them from a relatively safe distance, but move up with the squad.

When your squad begins taking a flag, pick a comfy spot overlooking the flag. The enemy will concentrate on taking the flag back, so they won't be sniper hunting... which is an opportune time to pick them off as they try to take back the neutralized flag.

By adding this additional zoom feature, you are encouraging people with the sniper class to stay as far away/safe as possible. Normally this means a place where the person is completely useless to the team.

The primary problem I see with the sniper class is that it attracts alot of new people. To them, being a sniper is being safe. Not to mention the "coolness" factor. Which is fine, everyone has to learn sometime.

Comment

since EA dedicded to take STEALTH out of the game with the
              silly commander mode and constant UAVS, SCANS etc.. the
              sniper class is kinda non existant.. its 'just another class' with
              a long rifle rather than assault rifle, thats all.

And the claymores are nice and all, but my stupid teammates
              always run into them and then punish me, so I stopped using it
              all together.. Why they cant see the big RED icon is beyond me.

Comment

I own fine with sniper... most of the time a commander won't waste artilary on just you. Sometimes I'm wrong but when i hear it I run and move.

Comment

I just want to make it clear that sniping takes time to learn..
                  So in your case that would be a few rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by cyrus.virus
                    alot of people say that they can snipe from 200-300m fine but have problems when a target is further...how can u actually tell how far an enemy or landmark is?
                    usually if im sniper and want to see how far a target is, i simply make a squad with me as squad leader, and push T and issue the "ATTACK" command on the commrose to where i want to know the range of. the resulting smoke nade/icon shows up on the 3d map and tells u how far away it is. i dont think the enemy can see the smoke nade, not sure, but either way its as useful and accurate as a laser rangefinder, and u dont even need a calculator to figure out the triangle/elevation crap like IRL

Comment

Originally posted by Noobzilla
                      since EA dedicded to take STEALTH out of the game with the
                      silly commander mode and constant UAVS, SCANS etc.. the
                      sniper class is kinda non existant.. its 'just another class' with
                      a long rifle rather than assault rifle, thats all.

And the claymores are nice and all, but my stupid teammates
                      always run into them and then punish me, so I stopped using it
                      all together.. Why they cant see the big RED icon is beyond me.
                      Yeah, I think snipers should be invisible to the commander and not the spec ops.

Comment

"alot of people say that they can snipe from 200-300m fine but have problems when a target is further...how can u actually tell how far an enemy or landmark is?"

AFAIK the only way is to shoot at someone near a flag (you get ranges to flags).

Comment

Originally posted by artnez.com
                          And lastly, I got into a personal battle against a great USMC sniper. He was smart. After I lead him into a couple claymore traps on the hills near the USMC main spawn, he started picking me off .. spawn after spawn. We just kept duking it out all round killing one another. I think he won that one though. Often times he would take a shot and move pretty far before he popped out to take another. Once we both started doing this it took a good 2-3 minutes for one of us to die.
                          Arent they the best fun!!!!! you keep on at other people, but gotta keep watching out for the other bloke as well.... good times!

And an enemy commander will use arty on you if you're absolutely owning. only way he'll know you even exist is if someone keeps complaining about being shot, or they see your name keep popping up on the kills list, or he is near where you are killing people and hes seeing people dropping like flies left right and center.,

Its such a waste of artillery, so you know you're doing a good job!

Comment

Working...
                          X