Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sniper class.. not disappointing after all..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper class.. not disappointing after all..

First thing, I don't religiously play as sniper. With the BF series games, I always pick a class.. play the hell out of it.. then move on to the next one. Each class has a different style of gameplay.. it's sort of like playing a whole new game.

That being said, a few days ago I decided to check out the sniper class. I've heard all sorts of bad **** about the sniper class and how people despise it's aim.

2 hours of frustrating gameplay passed by and I was smacking my keyboard every single time I got shot.

Then, one magical round, on the *=SAS=* 64 player Karkand server (I always play there), I scored 68 points in a round as sniper class. I got 5 claymore kills, 3 kills with a machine gun mounted on that MEC truck thing.. and the rest were all kills with the rifle.

Next round, 35 points then 42 .. I forget the rest.

Another thing to note is that I didn't sit on a secluded hill and pick off foes. It just doesn't work that way in BF2 and there's no way to score 70+ points doing just that. Every sniper that does, usually ends up with 15 - 20 points max.

I was getting head shot after head shot with the M24. Then I switched to MEC and got so many 1 shot kills that I thought maybe my game came preinstalled with an aimbot :laugh:

I'm not saying this to show off.. I just want to make it clear that sniping takes time to learn and is very useful in game (contrary to what the majority thinks nowadays).

I can give loads of examples and loads of great sniper spots if you want but i think i've typed enough

The sniper rifle isn't very accurate so the sniper class for me isn't very good.

Comment

ive never had many problems with sniping pple... seems fine to me. Only at uber long ranges i get a little frustrated. Sniping close medium range isnt that hard either. I walk around like normal with sniper, shoot once then pistol em to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Wranger4400
        The sniper rifle isn't very accurate so the sniper class for me isn't very good.
        Heh. The entire point of my post is to squash any belief in the exact concept you are talking about.

Sniper rifles are deady accurate.. you just have to know how to shoot properly (dont mean that in an arrogant way)

Comment

As long at your in 1-4 places on the map in a round your using the kit right lol

Another thing I hate how people abuse the sniper class is the damn SVD !!!!!!! it makes me mad when some1 just walks around a cornor and uses it like a freaking auto shotgun...LoL BAM BAM BAM im dead .... THATS NOT HOW YOUR SUPPOSED TO USE IT!! LoL

Comment

Originally posted by artnez.com
            First thing, I don't religiously play as sniper. With the BF series games, I always pick a class.. play the hell out of it.. then move on to the next one. Each class has a different style of gameplay.. it's sort of like playing a whole new game.

That being said, a few days ago I decided to check out the sniper class. I've heard all sorts of bad **** about the sniper class and how people despise it's aim.

2 hours of frustrating gameplay passed by and I was smacking my keyboard every single time I got shot.

Then, one magical round, on the *=SAS=* 64 player Karkand server (I always play there), I scored 68 points in a round as sniper class. I got 5 claymore kills, 3 kills with a machine gun mounted on that MEC truck thing.. and the rest were all kills with the rifle.

Next round, 35 points then 42 .. I forget the rest.

Another thing to note is that I didn't sit on a secluded hill and pick off foes. It just doesn't work that way in BF2 and there's no way to score 70+ points doing just that. Every sniper that does, usually ends up with 15 - 20 points max.

I was getting head shot after head shot with the M24. Then I switched to MEC and got so many 1 shot kills that I thought maybe my game came preinstalled with an aimbot :laugh:

I'm not saying this to show off.. I just want to make it clear that sniping takes time to learn and is very useful in game (contrary to what the majority thinks nowadays).

I can give loads of examples and loads of great sniper spots if you want but i think i've typed enough
            On a 64 player map its easier to snipe because theres so much going on it keeps victims distracted, and also someone else could hurt someone a little bit, giving you the window for a 1 hit kill. It's very common on big servers, making sniping easier on them. Try it on a 32 player map.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Sgt.Kenny-R2K
              As long at your in 1-4 places on the map in a round your using the kit right lol

Another thing I hate how people abuse the sniper class is the damn SVD !!!!!!! it makes me mad when some1 just walks around a cornor and uses it like a freaking auto shotgun...LoL BAM BAM BAM im dead .... THATS NOT HOW YOUR SUPPOSED TO USE IT!! LoL
              I think you'd get pissed playing with me, lol.

I scored around 80 points with a sniper an hour ago by assaulting with claymores on the US side.

Since sniper can run fast, you can usually dodge all of the enemy. On 64 player servers they like to lump together so you drop claymores in these "lumpy" areas and run your ass off.

Boom. 6 kills. Then drop another one as you're passing by a spawn. Booom. 4 kills. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

That's nice. To bad I suck with the sniper class.

Comment

Originally posted by =[BFT]= Sr7
                  Try it on a 32 player map.
                  You bet I have.. same results. Score wasn't as high because there were less people around, but I had the same effect.

I guess the key is anticipation.. something I know I've always had in FPS games. It's really hard to explain I guess... but normally when I snipe someone out on a smaller map I could always expect what they are going to do next. BF2 is such a game that there are always very few avenues of approach, so it makes it easier to predict who is coming from where.

Regarding the one shot kills, they are, in fact, one shot kills. The problem is that most people usually think they hit the head but the really didn't.

Comment

the best way to make sure your shots are hgittin with the bolt action weapons is simply to hold down the mouse button after you shoot. that way u can see if you hit the s.o.b and also feel out the sniper rifle for characteristics. until bf2 i was completely against sniper now i only stop to gget my ten kills for the basic badge with the other classes

Comment

Originally posted by semper fi
                      the best way to make sure your shots are hgittin with the bolt action weapons is simply to hold down the mouse button after you shoot. that way u can see if you hit the s.o.b and also feel out the sniper rifle for characteristics. until bf2 i was completely against sniper now i only stop to gget my ten kills for the basic badge with the other classes
                      Meh.. I never use that feature for some reason.

One of the most important things you should be able to do as a sharpshooter (which is what they really are... sharpshooters roll along with assault teams, unlike real snipers that stay concealed at huge distances and rarely ever move),
                      is to be able to have a good feel as to where the reticle would be. That way if you see an enemy, you quickly face them and as soon as you press the zoom key you only have to make slight adjustments.

By doing that, I can take a shot hop up and move over really quick. Then pop out again to take another shot and be just as accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by artnez.com
                        Yeah too many people expect the sniper to be like that noob cannon (AWP) from CSS. Like all guns in BF2 you need to get used to them before you get a good amount of kills. I like running over the dunes on the Gulf of Oman with the sniper rifle, popping heads

Comment

Sniping doesn't suck, the people complaining about it do.

Comment

I agreee entirely...the sniper class is very good. If you play it right...the amount of snipers I see running around in squads expecting to just bump into the enemy insta-prone and then headshot someone is bizarre.

Find a nice quiet spot with passing targets and take your time to get the head shot. Don't just sit there pop-pop-pop-pop at any old target. Admiteddly it is frustrating when you have some prone target perfectly lined up and the random bullet generator decides that your bullet has missed. But thems the breaks...

The art to sniping is location...dont lie on the brow of a hill. Lie just down from it towards your target to remove your silhouette. Whilst roof tops are good places to get kills...they are also the first places people look when sniper hunting.

I dont play sniper very often but if there is one thing I have learnt is that to pick your shots very carefully. If you are at a spawn you WILL see poeple proning by the flag or on a vehicle .50cal...take those...If it is a target rich enviroment dont just go popping at anything that moves...thats the quickest way to get inundated with all sorts of fire. Get a few kills and then move...even if it is only 10metres just keep people off your scent.

All-in-all though I enjoy sniping and am so glad that it isn't the 1 shot uber-sniper-fest that Joint Ops was, or you just get 20 snipers per team.

Comment

I almost never miss with the sniper rifle, i run around then jump down to prone and fire, bamm headshot and kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X