• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kongstad
    Just make sure it says "You have gained a repair point" and do that 5 times
    I did that and didn't get any medal :/

Comment

Originally posted by ZapStarfighter
      Better plan: Join a medium sized map like Zatar Wetlands or Oman Gulf and join a Black hawk crew as an engineer(not as a gunner, sit in the door with your wrench). If you get on a good BH team you can rack up about 25 repair points in a round. That's how I got mine(and my Helo Badge).
      What is a badge worth when gained in such a way? I am not having a go at you I just don't understand exploiting your way to badge as a playing goal.

Surely awards are only worth something when they are gained through doing something that is quite hard? Its not like these badges actually provide you with anything apart from a pretty picture of a badge.

Comment

Hope the enemy has a good spec ops man, as you can get 4 points on a 32 player server by repairing the equipment itself, just from one run...but for me, blackhawking the repair badge is by far the easiest.

Comment

Lol....

Just stay in a freindly choper with your spanner out lol :laugh: spanner out lol ewww "Get your spanner out of that hole Private!"

Comment

Originally posted by glaeken
            What is a badge worth when gained in such a way? I am not having a go at you I just don't understand exploiting your way to badge as a playing goal.

Surely awards are only worth something when they are gained through doing something that is quite hard? Its not like these badges actually provide you with anything apart from a pretty picture of a badge.

well, getting '25 repair points' in a round ain't happening anyway. Sounds like he's confused his teamwork score with repair points. I've BH whored it with clanmates and had a devastating team, taking gold/silver/bronze. Seen all 6 guys over 40 teamwork score each. I've engineered at those times too, and I think I've hit 3-4 repair points tops.

As mentioned before, I think the arty/uav is the route to go. Having a dedicated spec ops squad as an opponent will make it easier Now to actually do this lol...spent my 'badge time' (time b4 others get in TS) last night getting basic pistol badge and ground defense..

Comment

Originally posted by glaeken

It wasn't an exploit. I was the one keeping the Black Hawk in the air as I was constantly repairing it. Don't ever accuse me of exploiting or stat whoring. Not knowing that a good engineer is an essential part of any successful Black Hawk crew shows that you don't really know what you're talking about.

I think maybe you misunderstood me. I was merely trying to say that in order to repair a Black Hawk in flight you need to be in the loge(spelling), and not as a gunner. You obviously need to be repairing something to get repair points. If it was a misunderstanding, then we're cool.

Comment

Its best to get those types of points on a server that has good teams.
                For example if your enemy is good enough they will keep destroying your UAV, Radar, arty and etc
                so what you do is just keep repairing

Comment

Originally posted by ZapStarfighter
                  It wasn't an exploit. I was the one keeping the Black Hawk in the air as I was constantly repairing it. Don't ever accuse me of exploiting or stat whoring. Not knowing that a good engineer is an essential part of any successful Black Hawk crew shows that you don't really know what you're talking about.

I think maybe you misunderstood me. I was merely trying to say that in order to repair a Black Hawk in flight you need to be in the loge(spelling), and not as a gunner. You obviously need to be repairing something to get repair points. If it was a misunderstanding, then we're cool.
                  Well one mans exploit is another mans fair play. Personally I rate fixing the Blackhawk from the inside as an exploit though in truth it is the Blackhawk team exploiting as a whole rather than just a single player doing it.

If you have ever spent ages working away at a Blackhawk trying to down it get it smoking and then see it healing itself again and the smoke disappearing you might understand where I am coming from. With an engineer on board fixing constantly the best AA is a tank which is just plain silly.

Of course this has been discussed to death and to me it is just something Dice did not realise would be abused to such an extent out in the wild.

Comment

The way i got it that sad but worked , i joined a bf2 oficial server that way i wont get kicked and i was spc- and c4 my own alitery and kept reparing it when i revived i detryed the altery 2 times ( 2of them) and got about 6-7 repaire points ) do this if ur deprest and fed up of waiting for the altery/uav/scaner 2 get detryed . I did :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kongstad
                      Just make sure it says "You have gained a repair point" and do that 5 times
                      Originally posted by Ghiest
                      I did that and didn't get any medal :/
                      Then you are suffering one of the many common server scoring screw ups either due to
                      - playing on unranked server
                      - playing on ranked server which doesn't send stats (rare)
                      - exiting the game before the end of a round
                      - the server just hasn't updated stats yet
                      - just not working right

My guess is that you were just unlucky and it was just not working right. Try again 5 points is all that is needed. I'm pretty sure there is no time requirement. Good luck. I think that that badge is actually one of the easier ones to get.

Comment

Originally posted by FM_Echo_One
                        Easiest way is to tank whore on Strike at Karkand for a round. When your DMGed, repair your pwn tank.
                        you don't get points for repairing your own vehicle unless you exit, then your passenger jumps in the driver seat and then you repair. if you're all by yourself and your vehicle is damaged, there are no points if you repair it. if there were, there would be tons of engineers because that would be another way to exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirap
                          Tip for ppl who are looking to get repair badges: Get in a tank as gunner, when eccountering enemy AT soldeirs, or tanks, get out, take cover behind your tank, and start repairing as soons as your tank gets damaged.
                          No no no, don't follow this man's advice, the apc or tank will back up when it takes the first hit and crush you. It has happened all too many times.

Comment

I tried to get this badge last night. Repairing friendly tanks on the run (actually got 3 points this way) repaired the arty, but had to kill the spec ops before he did more damage. 4 repair points, round ends (sniff) :-)

Try again later.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner
                              No no no, don't follow this man's advice, the apc or tank will back up when it takes the first hit and crush you. It has happened all too many times.
                              so very true, i've even tried repairing by standing at the side, but it's really risky. it's too easy to be killed by your own tank driver. i got my repair badge by repairing partially damaged vehicles on dalian plant. then the commander's toys were destroyed and i had a tank, so i drove around repairing and the spec ops who were keeping watch were helpless. you do know that you can repair while in a vehicle, you don't have to get out and whip out the wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                                I hopped on a nice vehicle friendly map and repaired vehicles like crazy for the entire round (got some nice kills too) and nothing. I had assumed that repairing one vehicle was equal to a "repair point." Obviously not.

So my question is -- what constitues a "repair point"?
                                Originally posted by FM_Echo_One
                                Easiest way is to tank whore on Strike at Karkand for a round. When your DMGed, repair your pwn tank.
                                Whoa whoa whoa, that doesn't work.

This has been alluded to in other posts, but I want to make sure everybody gets this: Repairing vehicles only counts if there is a friendly player in it. Empty vehicles never count as "friendly" or "enemy", regardless of where they are.

That's the most important thing to remember about repairs. Only occupied vehicles count.

Comment

Working...
                                X